JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 157 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2016, 11:15 AM   #1249
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom
I'm wondering if changing all the MM values to 0 caused my passing game to go through the roof. I felt like pass coverage has been non existent since I made the switch to 0s. I can easily pass for nearly 400 yards and I was barely hitting 280 before the change. Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Anyway, gonna give these a few more games and see if I notice a difference. If not, I may have to bump up to the dreaded all madden difficulty.

Appreciate everyone's efforts here.
You didn't happen to turn off ballhawk? If so, that is your problem right there.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #1250
Only 7 Patients Lost
 
Doctor_Doom's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: the ER
Posts: 50
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You didn't happen to turn off ballhawk? If so, that is your problem right there.
Nope, it's on. I'm going to play another game and hope the challenge returns. I've already deleted my Madden profile and reset the slider values as you suggested.

It's odd because playing as the Browns, I am actually hoping to play poorly because I want a high draft pick. Unfortunately my QBs have been exceeding their ratings lately haha.
Doctor_Doom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #1251
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Long time lurker here, just wanting to give some feedback on my experience with these sliders. I'm was just starting year six of my franchise when this latest set came out. Every game has been different and great. Outside runs are no longer broken, linebackers (especially good ones) are flying to the ball and making plays one thing I learned was to figure out how to use 9 minute quarters. I was using these sliders but with 15 min quarters and 12 sec acc clock. I went down to 9 minutes and started slowing the game down, watching replays, reading defenses and that has made it so much better. DBs are playing like DBs and the game is no longer to easy. I lost 16-3 to the Jaguars. The Jaguars! I was so happy even though I threw 4 picks that game. Thank you for the hard work and research and please keep hustling.
InfernoDarkfire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #1252
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDay75
I suck at the new kicking game. I always seem to shank punts and field goals. It's so bad I sim kicking plays. If i adjust the main menu user kicking sliders how would this affect your slider set?
I know I responded once to this, but something dawned on me so I hope you see it. Do you have your TV in "game mode" when you play? Input lag makes kicking insane if you have it on more standard settings...especially on newer televisions.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #1253
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoDarkfire
Long time lurker here, just wanting to give some feedback on my experience with these sliders. I'm was just starting year six of my franchise when this latest set came out. Every game has been different and great. Outside runs are no longer broken, linebackers (especially good ones) are flying to the ball and making plays one thing I learned was to figure out how to use 9 minute quarters. I was using these sliders but with 15 min quarters and 12 sec acc clock. I went down to 9 minutes and started slowing the game down, watching replays, reading defenses and that has made it so much better. DBs are playing like DBs and the game is no longer to easy. I lost 16-3 to the Jaguars. The Jaguars! I was so happy even though I threw 4 picks that game. Thank you for the hard work and research and please keep hustling.
Awesome man! I am glad you're enjoying these. I'm still grinding away and looking at variations..but I am happy we at least have a solid base that people can enjoy while I tinker with things
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #1254
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom
Nope, it's on. I'm going to play another game and hope the challenge returns. I've already deleted my Madden profile and reset the slider values as you suggested.

It's odd because playing as the Browns, I am actually hoping to play poorly because I want a high draft pick. Unfortunately my QBs have been exceeding their ratings lately haha.
It could also be a bit of a string of matchups in your favor. I actually think it is easy to throw with the Browns (well...maybe not easy, but definitely not hard) because of their speedy WRs. Even a +1 or +2 in speed advantage can be deadly if you're smart about placing your throws (and Coleman/Gordon are going to get that nearly every game). What have you been seeing on the WR/DB matchup screen in-game during this stretch?
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #1255
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It could also be a bit of a string of matchups in your favor. I actually think it is easy to throw with the Browns (well...maybe not easy, but definitely not hard) because of their speedy WRs. Even a +1 or +2 in speed advantage can be deadly if you're smart about placing your throws (and Coleman/Gordon are going to get that nearly every game). What have you been seeing on the WR/DB matchup screen in-game during this stretch?
That and the Predictablity of what the cpu is calling in situations. The gameplans by default are weak for the cpu.
We know what they are doing and that makes it too easy.
They have the skills, they just lack the intelligent playcalling and that all goes back to the weak gameplanning.

Of course it's easy when we know they are running on 1st down and throwing deep verticals on 3rd and long.
Or when we are on the goaline and the cpu calls the same A gap blitz and we just run a toss outside for 6.
The cpu has the skills guys, just not the intelligent playcalling in KEY situations.
2min drill and redzone is also a much needed area of improvement for the cpu gameplanning.

Not trying to hijack here, just pointing out the "elephant in the room" lol

_______________________________________
More info: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dskins81.html

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-20-2016 at 12:56 PM.
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #1256
Only 7 Patients Lost
 
Doctor_Doom's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: the ER
Posts: 50
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It could also be a bit of a string of matchups in your favor. I actually think it is easy to throw with the Browns (well...maybe not easy, but definitely not hard) because of their speedy WRs. Even a +1 or +2 in speed advantage can be deadly if you're smart about placing your throws (and Coleman/Gordon are going to get that nearly every game). What have you been seeing on the WR/DB matchup screen in-game during this stretch?
I don't use the match up screen because it provides an unfair advantage, but you may have a point about the WR speed. Gordon 91 (I believe), Pryor 91, and Coleman 93. I just need to play out this season and see how it goes. I'm also likely going to change my MM from 0 back to default...
Doctor_Doom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Top -