JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 159 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #1265
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Thanks again for sharing this amazing work Josh and Matt!

This quoted info is what I was trying to ask about in my prior question.
Are these "tips" compiled anywhere?
No, they aren't. It would be a bit of an undertaking to compile everything together. I won't be doing this until, at a minimum, the next patch comes out and we have had a chance to evaluate everything with it.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:56 AM   #1266
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I haven't gotten into slideritis with this game yet, probably because I haven't played a ton being busy with work and whatnot, but just a "thinking out loud" moment as I've been following this thread: with everything being set to zero in the MM, and some posters saying passing is too easy and this and that, I wonder if raising CPU pass coverage (for example) back to default 50 would help tighten that back up? Basically, stick with all zero's in the MM if that's producing good gameplay and animations, but anything that appears to be lacking from the CPU, maybe test moving that particular slider back to default 50 in the MM to see if that produces more of a challenge.
TheWood56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:58 AM   #1267
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2013
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
September 14, 2016 Set Posted

OK....this is it! A big thanks to my big time slider buddy Matt10 for his support, ideas, and observations....it couldn't have happened without his insights.

House rules:
  • You must follow this set 'to the letter'. Don't change the clock settings, no penalty tweaks, no tweaks to fatigue, etc. Assume everything has an impact on how things will play. If I haven't posted anything about it, it is probably fair game. If you aren't sure of something, ask.
  • I have only tested using a coach in CFM. I will try with an owner at some stage to see what happens (hopefully nothing). Give it a shot first though using a Coach franchise.
  • Use of generic playbooks is completely optional.
  • Enjoy your franchises.
Frequently Asked Questions (see spoiler)

Spoiler


These sliders are designed only for Franchise Mode (CFM), they are not to be used in Play Now or other modes. However, you must enter both the Main Menu (MM) values into your game along with the CFM menus to get the proper effect within CFM.
Hey Josh I just got Madden 17 on last-gen and I am super pissed that they made the sliders different for PlayStation 4 there's not one set out there for last-gen I have no idea what to do any advice is there anyway I can get it with one of these sets somehow

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
ncromnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #1268
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I haven't gotten into slideritis with this game yet, probably because I haven't played a ton being busy with work and whatnot, but just a "thinking out loud" moment as I've been following this thread: with everything being set to zero in the MM, and some posters saying passing is too easy and this and that, I wonder if raising CPU pass coverage (for example) back to default 50 would help tighten that back up? Basically, stick with all zero's in the MM if that's producing good gameplay and animations, but anything that appears to be lacking from the CPU, maybe test moving that particular slider back to default 50 in the MM to see if that produces more of a challenge.
The premise of using the MM sliders to address "shortcomings" is a reasonable one. However, I think you can get into a lot of slideritis by doing this....adjust PCV, then you have to adjust something else.

What is the reality? We have "humanized" the CPU in nearly every facet of the game (even QB play) on All Pro. That is step 1 of my 'master plan'. Step 2 is underway.....

Stay Tuned....
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #1269
Banned
 
SteelD34KC's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The premise of using the MM sliders to address "shortcomings" is a reasonable one. However, I think you can get into a lot of slideritis by doing this....adjust PCV, then you have to adjust something else.

What is the reality? We have "humanized" the CPU in nearly every facet of the game (even QB play) on All Pro. That is step 1 of my 'master plan'. Step 2 is underway.....

Stay Tuned....
Question maybe you know the answer to.

I go in and take control of the coach of the team Im going to play, I switch there PB's to generic's, then retire them.

Now the CPU hardly ever runs. Im talking at most 10 times a game.

Does that have to do with the PBs?
SteelD34KC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #1270
MVP
 
wordtobigbird's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Question maybe you know the answer to.

I go in and take control of the coach of the team Im going to play, I switch there PB's to generic's, then retire them.

Now the CPU hardly ever runs. Im talking at most 10 times a game.

Does that have to do with the PBs?
Yes. What playbook did you give them.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
wordtobigbird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #1271
MVP
 
wordtobigbird's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The premise of using the MM sliders to address "shortcomings" is a reasonable one. However, I think you can get into a lot of slideritis by doing this....adjust PCV, then you have to adjust something else.

What is the reality? We have "humanized" the CPU in nearly every facet of the game (even QB play) on All Pro. That is step 1 of my 'master plan'. Step 2 is underway.....

Stay Tuned....
Looking forward to it bro. Took a little break from Madden but bout to get back into my Rams CFM and just enjoy the ride. There's definitely more right than wrong.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
wordtobigbird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #1272
Banned
 
SteelD34KC's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Yes. What playbook did you give them.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Ive played the Redskins who I gave the West Coast to, played Houston who I gave Run Balanced (I think its called). And also play bengals who I gave Pass Balanced.

All three games they ran maybe 10 times.
SteelD34KC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 PM.

Top -