Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 04:56 AM   #1265
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I haven't gotten into slideritis with this game yet, probably because I haven't played a ton being busy with work and whatnot, but just a "thinking out loud" moment as I've been following this thread: with everything being set to zero in the MM, and some posters saying passing is too easy and this and that, I wonder if raising CPU pass coverage (for example) back to default 50 would help tighten that back up? Basically, stick with all zero's in the MM if that's producing good gameplay and animations, but anything that appears to be lacking from the CPU, maybe test moving that particular slider back to default 50 in the MM to see if that produces more of a challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 11:58 AM   #1266
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
September 14, 2016 Set Posted

OK....this is it! A big thanks to my big time slider buddy Matt10 for his support, ideas, and observations....it couldn't have happened without his insights.

House rules:
  • You must follow this set 'to the letter'. Don't change the clock settings, no penalty tweaks, no tweaks to fatigue, etc. Assume everything has an impact on how things will play. If I haven't posted anything about it, it is probably fair game. If you aren't sure of something, ask.
  • I have only tested using a coach in CFM. I will try with an owner at some stage to see what happens (hopefully nothing). Give it a shot first though using a Coach franchise.
  • Use of generic playbooks is completely optional.
  • Enjoy your franchises.
Frequently Asked Questions (see spoiler)

Spoiler

These sliders are designed only for Franchise Mode (CFM), they are not to be used in Play Now or other modes. However, you must enter both the Main Menu (MM) values into your game along with the CFM menus to get the proper effect within CFM.
Hey Josh I just got Madden 17 on last-gen and I am super pissed that they made the sliders different for PlayStation 4 there's not one set out there for last-gen I have no idea what to do any advice is there anyway I can get it with one of these sets somehow

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #1267
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I haven't gotten into slideritis with this game yet, probably because I haven't played a ton being busy with work and whatnot, but just a "thinking out loud" moment as I've been following this thread: with everything being set to zero in the MM, and some posters saying passing is too easy and this and that, I wonder if raising CPU pass coverage (for example) back to default 50 would help tighten that back up? Basically, stick with all zero's in the MM if that's producing good gameplay and animations, but anything that appears to be lacking from the CPU, maybe test moving that particular slider back to default 50 in the MM to see if that produces more of a challenge.
The premise of using the MM sliders to address "shortcomings" is a reasonable one. However, I think you can get into a lot of slideritis by doing this....adjust PCV, then you have to adjust something else.

What is the reality? We have "humanized" the CPU in nearly every facet of the game (even QB play) on All Pro. That is step 1 of my 'master plan'. Step 2 is underway.....

Stay Tuned....
Old 09-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #1268
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
The premise of using the MM sliders to address "shortcomings" is a reasonable one. However, I think you can get into a lot of slideritis by doing this....adjust PCV, then you have to adjust something else.

What is the reality? We have "humanized" the CPU in nearly every facet of the game (even QB play) on All Pro. That is step 1 of my 'master plan'. Step 2 is underway.....

Stay Tuned....
Question maybe you know the answer to.

I go in and take control of the coach of the team Im going to play, I switch there PB's to generic's, then retire them.

Now the CPU hardly ever runs. Im talking at most 10 times a game.

Does that have to do with the PBs?
Old 09-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #1269
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC

I go in and take control of the coach of the team Im going to play, I switch there PB's to generic's, then retire them.

Yes. What playbook did you give them.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #1270
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Stay Tuned....
Looking forward to it bro. Took a little break from Madden but bout to get back into my Rams CFM and just enjoy the ride. There's definitely more right than wrong.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #1271
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Yes. What playbook did you give them.

Ive played the Redskins who I gave the West Coast to, played Houston who I gave Run Balanced (I think its called). And also play bengals who I gave Pass Balanced.

All three games they ran maybe 10 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #1272
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC

You not retire them until after you play the CPU team .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »