Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #121
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Still to easy for me. Here is stats from just half of game.

Falcons 31 Tampa 10

347 yards of offense for me
132 yards for tampa
1 turnover each
only 2 penalties, just from my team

Ryan 297 yards, 80%, 4tds
Winston 122 yards, 46%

Freeman 44 yards, 4.4 avg
Martin 31 yards 3.4 avg

3 sacks for me
0 for them

Just to easy for me unfortunately. Not sure whats up this year.

Exact settings from OP.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 11:25 PM   #122
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah...something feels 'off'....can't put my fingers on it.

Well, not exactly true ...I think o line play is in favor of the o line. I'm trying a discrepancy between the offsides and false start slider.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-23-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:20 AM   #123
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Way too easy. Seems like the CPU is lacking something. Kicks are too powerful especially punts. As for field goals....pfftt...every perfect kick is in the ground. Not sure why that's happening. Good game so far Bengals me and Seahawks. 2nd quarter with 2:12 left and I'm up 12-0. It seems easy yet balanced. Kinda weird to explain. I don't switch players and I use coach picks on plays.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:18 AM   #124
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

OK....so....I should've listened to my instincts. When jaa was streaming for the Early access, I commented that I was concerned that threshold was too high. As a result, the defenders weren't given enough of a jolt and the O-line was getting too much of a jump on plays and even worse, getting out in front of plays WAY too easily. I saw the same thing when testing a higher threshold on M16. So, I dropped threshold to 45. It's given the defense an added boost (i.e. they aren't getting mauled at the LOS by the O-line before they're out of their 3-point stance), while making it harder for them to get out in front of the play on stretch and toss plays.

Other things:

• I further refined the autosub "out" value as I was feeling that 40 was a little "choppy" (for lack of a better word). A value of 45 was leading to excessive warping as well. So, I settled on 43 and it has looked good...feeling smoother without the gliding/warping effect you see at 60.
  • Based on feedback and my own observations, I also lowered the injury slider back to default. We need to gather a lot more data and this one is currently a rather touchy little slider.
  • There is a bug where the Defensive Holding Slider in CFM reverts back to default in-game. Example, I set the value to 53 within my CFM and it auto-saves. I go into the game and go to the penalty setting screen and it shows up as 50. I have reported it in the bugs/glitches thread....I believe this happened last year too...not sure if it is a display bug or if the funtionality is lost too....
Anyways, here is the current setup (OP updated):
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (39.6 KB, 290 views)
Old 08-24-2016, 07:03 AM   #125
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellman
Quick question, is the kick accuracy supposed to be at 5? Have only played one game with these, but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even on a 25 yarder.
It's 5 in the main menu settings then when you go into your CFM you put it back to 50.
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #126
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Josh, something to note about injuries. There are alot more injuries that happen while simming..we all know this. This includes Play the Moments.

With the injury slider at 55 in both front end and in CFM, I started getting 5-10 injuries per game even in the regular season in Play the Moments.

I checked a few other threads and I noticed people were putting the front end injury slider to 10, and then default (50) in CFM. I tried it and now I get maybe 1 injury a game and so does the other team. Sometimes that injury is minor and sometimes it's major.

Seemed more realistic to me, but again this was in Play the Moments which is basically simming the game. This might not be a realistic amount if people are playing the full games.

Just wanted to throw this in there. Thanks for your hard work with your sliders.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #127
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

As I have have said, the threshold slider is the big one in Madden. Has been for the past couple years. I have been experimenting with that and will now move on to adjusting all the penalty slider to come up with something.

My main focus is creating more defense so we are not consistently putting up 900 Yds/gm.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #128
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....so....I should've listened to my instincts. When jaa was streaming for the Early access, I commented that I was concerned that threshold was too high. As a result, the defenders weren't given enough of a jolt and the O-line was getting too much of a jump on plays and even worse, getting out in front of plays WAY too easily. I saw the same thing when testing a higher threshold on M16. So, I dropped threshold to 45. It's given the defense an added boost (i.e. they aren't getting mauled at the LOS by the O-line before they're out of their 3-point stance), while making it harder for them to get out in front of the play on stretch and toss plays.

Other things:

• I further refined the autosub "out" value as I was feeling that 40 was a little "choppy" (for lack of a better word). A value of 45 was leading to excessive warping as well. So, I settled on 43 and it has looked good...feeling smoother without the gliding/warping effect you see at 60.
  • Based on feedback and my own observations, I also lowered the injury slider back to default. We need to gather a lot more data and this one is currently a rather touchy little slider.
  • There is a bug where the Defensive Holding Slider in CFM reverts back to default in-game. Example, I set the value to 53 within my CFM and it auto-saves. I go into the game and go to the penalty setting screen and it shows up as 50. I have reported it in the bugs/glitches thread....I believe this happened last year too...not sure if it is a display bug or if the funtionality is lost too....
Anyways, here is the current setup (OP updated):
Josh, I know you have a lot on your plate with slider testing for gameplay, but I was wondering if you or anyone else has done any testing on the XP sliders and how each percentage should be set before beginning a CCM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »