Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #1273
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

You can create the coach, make all the desired changes, then create a manual save point when finished. You can then retire the coach before the game and all the changes will stick.

I have done this many times, will no noted effects on CPU run selection frequency. That dynamic is probably driven more by the type of general playbook selection and game situations.

As a bonus, when you retire the coach before the game, you retain the ability to select the CPU uniforms for the game, for those that are into that sort of thing.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #1274
Rookie

Sparky302's Arena

OVR: 0

I've got these sliders plugged in verbatim, as well. I'm a longtime player, and although I wouldn't consider myself "great", I know how to play the game (mix up calls, read the D, etc.). Anyway, I'm seeing a lot of the same things that you guys have already mentioned:

I'm rushing for about 150 and at least 2 TDs a game with Ryan Mathews

Games that are around 13-7 at the half are ending like 51-38

Too many big plays in the second half- runs and passes

LB's pursue better, but slants and drags are still open all day long

CPU RBs love them some spin move...I think I saw Langford do it 4-5 times on one run

What I'd like to see improvement on:

Less "scripted" feel to every game...seems like every game is tight through the half, and then it turns into a Big 12 shootout

Tighter defense on short pass plays

CPU run defense...outside run to weak side is 4-5 yards guaranteed every time

Good things:

CPU variety of play calls is pretty good with default playbooks

Good RBs kill me, as they should

Very competitive games until last 1/3-ish

I also think that slideritis unbalances the game too much, and makes it too gimmicky. For the life of me, I can't figure out why EA can't balance out a difficulty between AP and AM. How many millions of times have we heard the AP too easy, AM too hard/cheats? All that everyone wants is a competitive game where they don't feel like it's too easy, but they don't feel cheated by CPU cheese nonsense. Thanks to everyone working on this. It is really close.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #1275
Rookie

Hey Josh. I just wanted to thank you for these sliders. I used to come up with my own, but i just don't have the time anymore. I used your sliders for 16 too. You actually saved last years game for me. I was fed up with the game until i tried your sliders. So far for this year i am finding all pro to just be too easy, so i did make a couple of changes to certain sliders and swithched to all madden. I'm getting really good results so far. Thanks again for all the time you put into these so i don't have to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #1276
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
Hey Josh. I just wanted to thank you for these sliders. I used to come up with my own, but i just don't have the time anymore. I used your sliders for 16 too. You actually saved last years game for me. I was fed up with the game until i tried your sliders. So far for this year i am finding all pro to just be too easy, so i did make a couple of changes to certain sliders and swithched to all madden. I'm getting really good results so far. Thanks again for all the time you put into these so i don't have to.
No problem. I'm kinda with you, ap isn't quite as tough as it was last year, but working on it Hoping the patch fixes things a bit.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:32 PM   #1277
Rookie

OVR: 1

Josh is there any way to make my DB's react better in the passing games? My safeties just sit there when someone is wide open on a curl route or an in route. The play is basically unstoppable because my CB's dont react.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #1278
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also how does playing on 8 min affect the game? I'm getting a lot of yardage and high scores on 9 minutes.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #1279
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Going to stream a few games. See how these sliders worklit.

Twitch.tv/steeld34kc
Old 09-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #1280
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Going to stream a few games. See how these sliders worklit.

Twitch.tv/steeld34kc
OK won 30 to 3 against a Brady led chargers team.

335 total offense vs 160.

Brady threw 2 picks, one returned.

My qb Goff was 14 of 23 60%. 1 td.

Gurley my rb ran 26 for 111yds 1 td.

But the game was never in doubt.

Only 92 total plays run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »