JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 168 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-25-2016, 11:43 PM   #1337
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Yes sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 06:33 AM   #1338
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I know you guys have been waiting..but for some full disclosure...

I've been working offline with KingV2k3 on an All Madden setup. We hit a speed bump yesterday which has delayed things a bit. I believe we got things re-calibrated, but the 'stress testing' I was planning on doing yesterday got replaced by fixing. I got a really good game in last night though where I held the CPU QB (RGIII) to 40% passing...yes, it is possible on AM...and yes, it is possible with default gameplay sliders.

I know that there is some trepidation for some in using AM...but while M16 was the 'year of All Pro', I feel like the best overall gameplay this year is on All Madden. People complain about AM being 'cheesy' and the 'CPU cheating'...but to me, I feel it is worse when I see people on Twitch being the ones "cheesing/cheating" when playing on All Pro...even by people who profess to be 'sim'.

I have no ETA yet....but we're hoping that what we have now will work long-term...if it does, it will be sooner rather than later. The upcoming patch could also require us to do some re-calibration...not necessarily saying that we're waiting for it before releasing, but something to bear in mind....it is a very tricky balance here....
Curious and fun which for me, that I consider myself quite experienced with regard to the human against human slider, is just the opposite, last year I played AM and was the best, this year clearly I prefer AP.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #1339
Pro

Hey josh how's the set coming along? Any troubles?

Old 09-26-2016, 11:48 PM   #1340
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Howdy all! It is my pleasure to introduce the newest version of our M17 sliders. This version has taken a dramatically different approach than past sets; most notably, we have migrated this set over to All Madden. This work has been a collaboration between myself and others, most notably KingV2k3, who has been one of my Madden “science” pals for the last couple of years.

Since M17 came out, I always felt something was off with All Pro. Yes, you can get very good games there, but we always had to make compromises to get there. The biggest issue for me has been the CPU QB AI…not talking about the scrambling issues, but a decided lack of aggressiveness in throwing into tight windows and so on. Another issue was the decided lack of aggression in defensive line play…just wasn’t where I wanted it, and frankly speaking, without that, you get a very watered-down version of football. I easily spent 100+ hours in trying to fix these issues on All Pro…we learned a lot about the game as a result, but every outcome was the result of a compromise. All Madden essentially solves both of those problems. The question was whether we could overcome the difficulties in All Madden. We believe the answer here is a resounding “YES!”.

This is not your typical All Madden, I have had the CPU QB finish at 40% completion percentage, I have had them go off on me; I have had games where I get crushed, others where I crush them, but most of them have been tightly contested games…some high-scoring, some defensive battles.

Until the patch comes out….I am set on these. I’m done testing, tweaking, and worrying about what needs to be changed….I really have been enjoying these a lot and give them time, I think you will too. We have improved rotation, penalties are there, and terrific gameplay. If you don’t like them, lots of other options in the forum. You want to tweak, do so at your own risk…but the minute you deviate from the set, they are now your custom sliders, not my sliders.

Numerous notes follow:
  • I strongly recommend inputting the main menu sliders first. Then after that is done, go to the “Share and Manage Files” screen and go in and delete your profile. Exit out of that screen where you deleted the profile and go back to the main menu…you should see the little pop-up saying that it is saving your madden profile. THAT is a new profile, one that has not been under All Pro settings. All of your inputted settings will still be there.
  • I recommend starting a new CFM if yours has been under All Pro. If you really don’t want to…at a minimum, go in, change the difficulty, go to the slider screen, hit reset and then back out of the CFM altogether. Then go ahead and start….hopefully, that will remove any ‘cobwebs’….but it may not do anything at all….thus the recommendation for staring a new CFM.
  • All Madden is an entirely different animal. See tips below.
  • I have only tested using the default preseason roster. Use of other rosters may (or may not) affect your outcomes. Use at your own risk.
  • Those of you who follow my work know this already, but I don’t want to hear about how some stat from one game is off. You have an issue with the stats, let me know after you have played at a minimum of 4 games (preferably a full season). I’ve seen so much variety with these, it isn’t even funny….small sample sizes are truly meaningless (i.e. you wouldn’t call Carson Wentz a Hall-of-Famer after his hot three game start in real life; don’t do it here either). Also, don’t give me “too easy” or “too hard” gripes. If you have an issue, describe why you think something is wrong based on what you see on the field…if you have videos, even better.
  • Remember, the team you are using matters here. Using a team with a crap defense, expect to give up points. Two crap defenses against each other (e.g. TB v. Atlanta), expect a shootout with no defense. You have a great defense….you should be able to handle most opponents.
  • Triple-check every setting….seriously…I have screwed this up so many times…
  • Thus far, I have seen CPU completion percentages (the biggest bugaboo with All Madden) well within standard norms. Guess what, 80% games happen in real life. As long as this doesn’t happen all the time, I think we’re fine. Truthfully, as long as I mix-up my coverages, I have not seen this as a problem.

Tips/Suggestions/Recommendations
  • These are “fully interactive”. In other words, none of this “no switch” stuff. I’m switching on catches (for catch types), tackles, and pass deflections. You wanna rely on the CPU to do this stuff for you, then good luck unless you have a really good team. I’m here to play football, if I want to watch it, I turn on ESPN.
  • You’re likely going to enjoy these the most if you initially user the DT/DE….the user pass rush is quite gratifying with these. Relying strictly on a CPU controlled front line for your rush could make it difficult, but not impossible. Just be aware that this is how these were developed/tested. I’m not telling you how to play your game, just a word of warning.
  • Mis-matches matter, ratings matter, changing up your play calling matters. You’re going to get burned if you play mindlessly. The CPU will exploit mis-matches, especially on the outside. The good news….YOU can exploit mis-matches in your favor too…and that’s the beautiful thing here….this isn’t ‘stacking the deck’ against the user. If you play smart, you have a chance.
  • Use defensive line shifts, use run/pass commit (at your own peril), change the direction of your rush. Do what you can to get the upper hand. Strategy matters.
  • Pay attention to your coach scheme, how the players fit into that scheme. Take a look at your opponent’s scheme and get a feel for how they are going to play. Strategy matters.
  • The ‘strip ball’ button is your friend…use it liberally, especially on pass break-ups. This is a great way of knocking the ball out of the receiver’s hands. Bear in mind that real life pass breakups are more of this variety, not the “slap the ball out of the air” that people equate with pass deflections on Madden.
  • If you haven't been in Skills Trainer for a while, PLEASE go...things like being able to "switch to swat" / proper tackle techniques / pass rush moves / and varied passing techniques WILL make a difference...Learn how to pre-snap read the defense and learn how to use the matchup stick...DON'T throw to a matchup that's "Red", etc...
  • Learn how to use audibles / motion and hot routes...you MAY need the whole "kitchen sink" to thrive...
  • Learn how to use your Player Settings in the Scheme Menu to optimize your AI controlled players performances
I've been having an absolute blast with these. Hope you all do too!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (73.1 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-26-2016 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:54 PM   #1341
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Appreciate it Josh! Can't wait to try these out!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 11:58 PM   #1342
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Howdy all! It is my pleasure to introduce the newest version of our M17 sliders. This version has taken a dramatically different approach than past sets; most notably, we have migrated this set over to All Madden. This work has been a collaboration between myself and others, most notably KingV2k3, who has been one of my Madden “science” pals for the last couple of years.

Since M17 came out, I always felt something was off with All Pro. Yes, you can get very good games there, but we always had to make compromises to get there. The biggest issue for me has been the CPU QB AI…not talking about the scrambling issues, but a decided lack of aggressiveness in throwing into tight windows and so on. Another issue was the decided lack of aggression in defensive line play…just wasn’t where I wanted it, and frankly speaking, without that, you get a very watered-down version of football. I easily spent 100+ hours in trying to fix these issues on All Pro…we learned a lot about the game as a result, but every outcome was the result of a compromise. All Madden essentially solves both of those problems. The question was whether we could overcome the difficulties in All Madden. We believe the answer here is a resounding “YES!”.

This is not your typical All Madden, I have had the CPU QB finish at 40% completion percentage, I have had them go off on me; I have had games where I get crushed, others where I crush them, but most of them have been tightly contested games…some high-scoring, some defensive battles.

Until the patch comes out….I am set on these. I’m done testing, tweaking, and worrying about what needs to be changed….I really have been enjoying these a lot and give them time, I think you will too. We have improved rotation, penalties are there, and terrific gameplay. If you don’t like them, lots of other options in the forum. You want to tweak, do so at your own risk…but the minute you deviate from the set, they are now your custom sliders, not my sliders.

Numerous notes follow:
  • I strongly recommend inputting the main menu sliders first. Then after that is done, go to the “Share and Manage Files” screen and go in and delete your profile. Exit out of that screen where you deleted the profile and go back to the main menu…you should see the little pop-up saying that it is saving your madden profile. THAT is a new profile, one that has not been under All Pro settings. All of your inputted settings will still be there.
  • I recommend starting a new CFM if yours has been under All Pro. If you really don’t want to…at a minimum, go in, change the difficulty, go to the slider screen, hit reset and then back out of the CFM altogether. Then go ahead and start….hopefully, that will remove any ‘cobwebs’….but it may not do anything at all….thus the recommendation for staring a new CFM.
  • All Madden is an entirely different animal. See tips below.
  • I have only tested using the default preseason roster. Use of other rosters may (or may not) affect your outcomes. Use at your own risk.
  • Those of you who follow my work know this already, but I don’t want to hear about how some stat from one game is off. You have an issue with the stats, let me know after you have played at a minimum of 4 games (preferably a full season). I’ve seen so much variety with these, it isn’t even funny….small sample sizes are truly meaningless (i.e. you wouldn’t call Carson Wentz a Hall-of-Famer after his hot three game start in real life; don’t do it here either). Also, don’t give me “too easy” or “too hard” gripes. If you have an issue, describe why you think something is wrong based on what you see on the field…if you have videos, even better.
  • Remember, the team you are using matters here. Using a team with a crap defense, expect to give up points. Two crap defenses against each other (e.g. TB v. Atlanta), expect a shootout with no defense. You have a great defense….you should be able to handle most opponents.
  • Triple-check every setting….seriously…I have screwed this up so many times…
  • Thus far, I have seen CPU completion percentages (the biggest bugaboo with All Madden) well within standard norms. Guess what, 80% games happen in real life. As long as this doesn’t happen all the time, I think we’re fine. Truthfully, as long as I mix-up my coverages, I have not seen this as a problem.

Tips/Suggestions/Recommendations
  • These are “fully interactive”. In other words, none of this “no switch” stuff. I’m switching on catches (for catch types), tackles, and pass deflections. You wanna rely on the CPU to do this stuff for you, then good luck unless you have a really good team. I’m here to play football, if I want to watch it, I turn on ESPN.
  • You’re likely going to enjoy these the most if you initially user the DT/DE….the user pass rush is quite gratifying with these. Relying strictly on a CPU controlled front line for your rush could make it difficult, but not impossible. Just be aware that this is how these were developed/tested. I’m not telling you how to play your game, just a word of warning.
  • Mis-matches matter, ratings matter, changing up your play calling matters. You’re going to get burned if you play mindlessly. The CPU will exploit mis-matches, especially on the outside. The good news….YOU can exploit mis-matches in your favor too…and that’s the beautiful thing here….this isn’t ‘stacking the deck’ against the user. If you play smart, you have a chance.
  • Use defensive line shifts, use run/pass commit (at your own peril), change the direction of your rush. Do what you can to get the upper hand. Strategy matters.
  • Pay attention to your coach scheme, how the players fit into that scheme. Take a look at your opponent’s scheme and get a feel for how they are going to play. Strategy matters.
  • The ‘strip ball’ button is your friend…use it liberally, especially on pass break-ups. This is a great way of knocking the ball out of the receiver’s hands. Bear in mind that real life pass breakups are more of this variety, not the “slap the ball out of the air” that people equate with pass deflections on Madden.
  • If you haven't been in Skills Trainer for a while, PLEASE go...things like being able to "switch to swat" / proper tackle techniques / pass rush moves / and varied passing techniques WILL make a difference...Learn how to pre-snap read the defense and learn how to use the matchup stick...DON'T throw to a matchup that's "Red", etc...
  • Learn how to use audibles / motion and hot routes...you MAY need the whole "kitchen sink" to thrive...
  • Learn how to use your Player Settings in the Scheme Menu to optimize your AI controlled players performances
I've been having an absolute blast with these. Hope you all do too!!

It looks like I got something to do tonight and tomorrow

Old 09-27-2016, 12:31 AM   #1343
Pro

just finished setting up my new offline and online franchises with these. super pumped. bout to start up a preseason game
Old 09-27-2016, 12:32 AM   #1344
#FlyTheW

KGHerm's Arena

OVR: 9

I love you, Josh. (and King)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »