JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 172 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #1369
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
It's also important to set your Player Styles in the Scheme Menu to settings that not only bring out the highest OVR, but have qualities that YOU may benefit from having that player posses...

For instance, I set the players I will be USER-ing on the DL to a box that has some "Block Shed" to it, in the description...

The settings that are based around "Run Stop" have that...

The effect is minor, but noticeable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Thanks for the props!

To your question:

Haven't seen this, but some things that can minimize it when you're passing are setting up the pass by running the ball successfully / implementing protection shifts and max protect / exploiting the defense with audibles, motion and / or hot routes...

This I truth right here. Scheming makes a difference as well as all the shifts. When think a blitz is coming I shift my protection and sometimes block the HB. It's rewarding because if you guess right you can get tons of time. On the flip side, if you guess wrong you're punished. I got sacked in my last game before I even got halfway through my drop steps because I shifted to the wrong side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #1370
Rookie

OVR: 1

Early impressions....these play amazing!!! The game feels much more organic and the ratings really are felt. Now, I will say I didn't restart my franchise but I followed your instructions to a tee. I'm now able to get tackles playing the MLB position!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #1371
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I don't know why but All-Madden turns into a touchdown fest everytime I try it. I'm talking over a handful of games have seen scores rise over what I've seen in a full 16 gm season on All-Pro, adjusted penalties w/ slow seems to be my best bet. All-Pro and slow is actually giving me better defensive games. However, I also adjusted the Penalties and Autosubs.
The yards per play is much closer to real-life on All-Pro. I'm also right around .500(over 20 games) vs CPU on my All-Pro setup (using Redskins).
Old 09-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #1372
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I don't know why but All-Madden turns into a touchdown fest everytime I try it. I'm talking over a handful of games have seen scores rise over what I've seen in a full 16 gm season on All-Pro, adjusted penalties w/ slow seems to be my best bet. All-Pro and slow is actually giving me better defensive games. However, I also adjusted the Penalties and Autosubs.
The yards per play is much closer to real-life on All-Pro. I'm also right around .500(over 20 games) vs CPU on my All-Pro setup (using Redskins).
Well I've only played one game on All-Madden which is Josh's set up and I'm at 42 points with 4:16 left in the 2nd. Now I dont know if I'm just really good or what. I haven't had a large sample size. On All-Pro I was producing some of the same games but I did have 1 loss.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #1373
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not sure if this will help or not but, I know when I play on All Madden if I want a lower scoring methodical game I have to play that way. The CPU seems to follow the lead of the user.

I'm very conservative and very methodical and I rarely have the score fest that I see guys talk about.

Make the CPU slow down. Don't go for the big play all the time. Go for 10 play drives. You will see the CPU follow suit usually
Old 09-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #1374
Rookie

thorpedo66's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm not sure if this will help or not but, I know when I play on All Madden if I want a lower scoring methodical game I have to play that way. The CPU seems to follow the lead of the user.

I'm very conservative and very methodical and I rarely have the score fest that I see guys talk about.

Make the CPU slow down. Don't go for the big play all the time. Go for 10 play drives. You will see the CPU follow suit usually
I think you are right here, Charter. I will say I was not having the high score games with Josh's AP set either, playing the way you just explained.

NFL : DA Bears
MLB : Brewers
NBA : Bucks
College: Badgers
Old 09-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #1375
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04

Or as I like to say, "play sim, get sim results".
Old 09-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #1376
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
Well I've only played one game on All-Madden which is Josh's set up and I'm at 42 points with 4:16 left in the 2nd. Now I dont know if I'm just really good or what. I haven't had a large sample size. On All-Pro I was producing some of the same games but I did have 1 loss.
You also continued an existing CFM from AP (I assume). As such, I'd take those results with a grain of salt.

But, as pointed out above, play style can also be important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »