JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 173 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #1377
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm not sure if this will help or not but, I know when I play on All Madden if I want a lower scoring methodical game I have to play that way. The CPU seems to follow the lead of the user.

I'm very conservative and very methodical and I rarely have the score fest that I see guys talk about.

Make the CPU slow down. Don't go for the big play all the time. Go for 10 play drives. You will see the CPU follow suit usually
BINGO!

This is EXACTLY how I've ALWAYS played...

Furthermore:

I'm a "Team Builder", so every year I take a low rated team w a rookie QB ("Hello Cleveland") and if it takes less than 6 full seasons to win it all, then I'm using a set that's too easy for me...

That's what "sim" is all about, IMHO...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-27-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #1378
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm not sure if this will help or not but, I know when I play on All Madden if I want a lower scoring methodical game I have to play that way. The CPU seems to follow the lead of the user.

I'm very conservative and very methodical and I rarely have the score fest that I see guys talk about.

Make the CPU slow down. Don't go for the big play all the time. Go for 10 play drives. You will see the CPU follow suit usually

This. This right here. In the all pro set before this I made it 12 games in and in 9 of those the highest score was less than 20. I think my shortest drive from a kickoff touchback was 9 plays. My longest was a solid 19 play drive, and I didn't even get the TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #1379
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You also continued an existing CFM from AP (I assume). As such, I'd take those results with a grain of salt.

But, as pointed out above, play style can also be important.
Agreed! Thats why I said early impressions. Not sure if I want to start completely over until I know for sure that will make a difference. I try to play as sim as possible but I have to take what's there lol. Maybe I will start over...who knows lol.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #1380
Rookie

OVR: 1

I should also mention I'm playing online CFM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #1381
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
Oh....yeah....that could be a factor too...for all we know, you could be playing an entirely different slider set (i.e. same input, different output)

That's why I made the comment in the FAQ on the OP that these are designed for offline...with online possibly working.

Online may work, but I have no data to conclusively support that the main menu settings cross-over the same way as they do for offline.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #1382
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Oh....yeah....that could be a factor too...for all we know, you could be playing an entirely different slider set (i.e. same input, different output)

That's why I made the comment in the FAQ on the OP that these are designed for offline...with online possibly working.

Online may work, but I have no data to conclusively support that the main menu settings cross-over the same way as they do for offline.
To add with what you said, Clint told me before that Online CFM is tuned differently than offline CFM.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #1383
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
That is probably the problem to be honest. I doubt that the main menu sliders have any effect on an online franchise which could drastically change how it's played. I personally have been getting crushed as the Browns, started 0-4 and had basically no offense any of those games.

I played the Pats game 5 and it was a shootout surprisingly. Kessler had 4 TDS to 7 Int entering the game yet I threw 3 TD and 1 Int. Had 432 Yards on 17 of 24. Gordon, Pryor (until he got hurt) and Duke all had huge games catching the ball and Crowell had a breakout 22 carry, 141 yards to boot. Had 4 mins and down 3, threw an out route to Gordon who took it 75 yards for a score due to a missed Int by Butler. I went up 45-41. I left a little over 2 mins on the clock worried Brady would keep torching me, but on 3rd an 8 I got a huge pick from my LB over the middle. First win of the season and I truly had to work for it. Btw seems my Browns always beat Pats, even in real life lol
Old 09-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #1384
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Some quick impressions from a game...

Pros:

* Running game is on point. Averaged 3-5 YPC and busted a few for 10+ while also having some TFL.

* Pass rush on both sides is good. I had about 4 sacks to their 2. Pressure was there, especially for a bad team (browns).

* CPU plays VERY aggressive. I got torched for a TD on a fake FG and they went for a 4th and long and completed it.

* Perfect auto subs for both teams. No players disappeared.

Cons:
* Passing game is on another level. Receivers are easily open on both sides and the CPU is robo all-madden as usual. The usual centerfield routes are wide open and big plays for user are really easy. Combined for over 1000+ yards passing. CPU missed 3 passes all game. All were passes that were thrown away. No drops. User had about 5 drops.

* Not enough penalties. Had about 4 total including a pass interference.

Fix the passing game and these sliders are gold IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »