Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #137
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's only set to 5 in the main menu (which has no affect on special teams) but is set there for other gameplay effects. The CFM setting is at default and that is the one that affects the kicking game.
Just curious why do you set them at 5 at the main menu but 50 in the CFM?
I am playing play now games not CFM games.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 1

Where is the min threshold in the main menu? Is it the player speed parity scale that's supposed to be at 45 in the main menu? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #139
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK...so 10 and 50 only gives ~ 1 per game.....so, 50 and 50 will hopefully be much more realistic (I'd like to see maybe 5-6 per game).
Yea Josh I will keep playing around with it also, just as a second pair of eyes. But keep in mind, I use Play the Moment which is basically simming the game so penalties will be higher for me than someone who actually plays the games.

Another thing is, when you say 5-6 penalties per game, I assume you mean short-term penalties not players that are going to be out more than 8 weeks.

The type of penalties are random right? So if you have 5-6 per game, you could potentially have 5-6 ACL tears each game. (just saying)
Old 08-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #140
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey josh, quick question:

Have you considered possibly lowering the game speed to slow? For some reason normal seems a little fast and twitchy this year. Do you think it would throw everything out of wack?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Old 08-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #141
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Just curious why do you set them at 5 at the main menu but 50 in the CFM?
I am playing play now games not CFM games.
I haven't fully evaluated, but on m16 it reduced block effectiveness. Bear in mind that play now games are totally different than franchise mode....these sliders will play differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea Josh I will keep playing around with it also, just as a second pair of eyes. But keep in mind, I use Play the Moment which is basically simming the game so penalties will be higher for me than someone who actually plays the games.

Another thing is, when you say 5-6 penalties per game, I assume you mean short-term penalties not players that are going to be out more than 8 weeks.

The type of penalties are random right? So if you have 5-6 per game, you could potentially have 5-6 ACL tears each game. (just saying)

Yeah, penalties are random. If I could see a couple of short term injuries (miss a few plays) coupled with a couple of longer term ones, that would be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Hey josh, quick question:

Have you considered possibly lowering the game speed to slow? For some reason normal seems a little fast and twitchy this year. Do you think it would throw everything out of wack?

I've considered it, but that is a different slider set altogether. In the past, slow speed has gotten the CPU QBs out of sync with their receivers to the point where they check down too much or hold the ball too long.

But, I know what you mean about the game feeling a little twitchy...the autosub adjustments help some, but don't completely solve the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #142
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers23
Where is the min threshold in the main menu? Is it the player speed parity scale that's supposed to be at 45 in the main menu? Thanks in advance.
Yes it is...
Old 08-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #143
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

everyone see the news, need to reinstall game, and do a xbox hard reset to fix qb scrambling bug.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 04:20 PM   #144
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

per roadman.....

Ok, here's the straight poop, folks.

I had a game in Play Now last night (after installing a tuner) with default sliders all pro, 6 minute quarters.

Packers vs Vikings.

I shut the game off at HT.

Bridgewater was a statue in the pocket, he went 0 for 0(blank Viking stat board at half, no name nothing) with 11 sacks.

I mentioned this in a few threads and a few others noticed that scrambling QB's were statues in the pocket.

I started this morning and tweeted Clint about it. Initially, he said, they weren't aware of the issue. There were a few others that chimed in and said they were having issues too. By noon, Clint said he believes there would be a fix for this soon.

In between all the Twitter correspondence, MrPrice, a GCer, said he reported the issue as a bug and stated that a fix is to uninstall and reinstall the game or do a hard restart on your xbox1.

Clint didn't say anything about uninstalling/reinstalling and hard restarts. I decided to take Mr. Price's advice and I played the same game with the same settings.

It worked like a charm. Bridgewater scrambled, threw on the run, etc....

Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-24-2016 at 04:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »