JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 182 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #1449
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
I can deal with the occasional All-Madden BS. Best thing for me with this set is good teams are good and bad teams are bad. I'm struggling with my 49ers big time just like I should. Playing the Seahawks D was terrifying like it should be and going against Cam was brutal. On all-pro i wasn't scared of good teams.

So far I'm 1-2.

vs Rams - won 23-20

@ Panthers - lost 28-20

@ Seahawks - Lost 40-13

Pretty accurate to real 49ers life. :-)

My loss to Cam with the 49ers had a similar score. Unfortunately I wasn't able to beat the rams and now I'm worried about the Seahawks haha. Who are you starting at QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #1450
Rookie

Sparky302's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
There's definitely still all madden BS but I don't think anything can be done about it. Had a 21-17 lead on the 49ers last night with 4 minutes left in the 4, Blain Gabbert run a read option, breaks an Ayers tackle, breaks a Lavonte David tackle, jukes Conte and Kwon with one juke, then out runs the rest of the defense for a 45 yard TD. I was pissed lol

I hear that!! If I'm up by less than two scores and the CPU gets the ball with 2 minutes left, I pretty much know it's not going to end well regardless of what I do. Maybe I need to watch some youtube videos about 2-4 minute defense, or something. I guess it's a necessary evil in order to have competitive games. I do like the AM set better, but unless you are playing with a top 5 team talent-wise, you really have to put in a commanding performance to pick up the win. Josh is right when he says that you have to use all of your available resources and not just go through the motions with your playcalling and reads. Like I said before, it really does seem that you need those 2-3 big crucial moments of the game to go your way, or you're screwed. I hate causing a fumble right when you need it, and not recovering...that's the worse.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #1451
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky302
I hear that!! If I'm up by less than two scores and the CPU gets the ball with 2 minutes left, I pretty much know it's not going to end well regardless of what I do. Maybe I need to watch some youtube videos about 2-4 minute defense, or something. I guess it's a necessary evil in order to have competitive games. I do like the AM set better, but unless you are playing with a top 5 team talent-wise, you really have to put in a commanding performance to pick up the win. Josh is right when he says that you have to use all of your available resources and not just go through the motions with your playcalling and reads. Like I said before, it really does seem that you need those 2-3 big crucial moments of the game to go your way, or you're screwed. I hate causing a fumble right when you need it, and not recovering...that's the worse.
This 2-4 minute BS was very common on M16 even on all-pro (they complete 12 passes in a row, and if they don't, bet you will get a facemask penalty on 3rd&20... it's too obvious to call it bad luck, even for non-conspirationalist like me) while on M17 on all-pro I haven't seen it. So I am surprised that Josh decided to switch to all-madden, because it does certainly have these scripts running. But I have to agree that it is much more fun (=challenging) to play with these sliders. Those Robo-QB instances happen (and they do... just had Keenum going 27/29 for 300+ yards and 4 TDs) and in my opinion they do happen mostly because the AI QB gets a big rating boost (especially AWR is important here I guess) and their WRs too, which makes it impossible to stop the pass, because as soon as you break through the lines - be it 4-man rush or blitzing - he will get the ball off to someone open or even in the tightest spot, and he will not drop it ever. I still think that the Pass Blocking sliders should be adjusted to create more pressure on the AI QB and reduce accuracy, but I will leave that up to Josh and King. Apart from the robo-QB everything else plays fine, be it the rushing game, be it defense in general.
However, maybe someone did collect AI QB completion % stats over let's say 7+ games, to have some real evidence on the discussion.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #1452
Pro

I just had the same experience you had with keenum. Except it was R Wilson. 27/29 4TD, 1INT, 311yds. I tried everything. Couldn't get pressure and even when I did there was someone so wide open even though there should have been someone there. Man, zone, man blitz, zone blitz... nothing did anything. I had 6 drops just by being love tapped and I legitimately hit sticked every chance I got while a receiver was making the catch and nothing. Playing the ball didn't work, swats didn't work, playing the receiver didn't work. I know the Seahawks are a much better team, but in the passing game I feel like the ratings didn't matter a bit.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #1453
Rookie

Hey Josh, any way I can convince you to tag your All-Pro sliders again on the front post as well? I was really loving those with my style play (not controlling defenders, only calling plays from play suggestions box, etc.).

I do like a lot of aspects of All-Madden, but after 4 or 5 games it's just not for me. The game plays outstanding for a good 90% of the time, but the 10% of All-Madden cheese just gets under my skin far too easily. I think I will give it another go when my team gets too good, but then again changing settings mid-franchise might not be a good idea...
Old 09-29-2016, 03:33 PM   #1454
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms024
I just had the same experience you had with keenum. Except it was R Wilson. 27/29 4TD, 1INT, 311yds. I tried everything. Couldn't get pressure and even when I did there was someone so wide open even though there should have been someone there. Man, zone, man blitz, zone blitz... nothing did anything. I had 6 drops just by being love tapped and I legitimately hit sticked every chance I got while a receiver was making the catch and nothing. Playing the ball didn't work, swats didn't work, playing the receiver didn't work. I know the Seahawks are a much better team, but in the passing game I feel like the ratings didn't matter a bit.

Yea there's a fine balance between challenging for fun and cheap. Although this slider set removes almost all the cheapness you'll see instances like that. I'd be fine with it if it's guys like Aaron Rodgers going 27/30 or if it's Adrian Peterson breaking 6 tackles, I just hate when Kase Keenum or Jay Ajayi doing it that's when it feel cheap.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #1455
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms024

I agree, the really frustrating thing is that it doesn't matter what you do, or how good your D is. It's not even close to organic. Don't get me wrong, they don't always complete 85%, I had another game, Smith started the first half with 95% and 280 yards, in the 2nd half he dropped down to 68% which I'm fine with. The thing is, you can clearly sense that this is not because I changed my approach or coverage or something, the program just decided it needed a reduction of the percentage. And suddenly their WRs dropped everything. I didn't even come any closer with the pass rush, there was no organic reason for the change. And while in the end the stats may balance out, I really start losing the fun here, because it feels like I have no input here
Old 09-29-2016, 03:44 PM   #1456
Rookie

Sparky302's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniel3
I agree, the really frustrating thing is that it doesn't matter what you do, or how good your D is.

And, there it is. Couldn't agree more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »