Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #1497
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
9 min no acc clock isn't set because of number of plays but a whole host of other things that 15 min acc clock doesn't give you. Most notably progressive fatigue. Setting 15 min acc clock is not recommended at all and really could have many unforseen affects on gameplay. Josh doesn't recommend it at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ah, ok. Makes sense. I'll leave it at 9, no acc then.

Just finished my week 5 game (Browns) vs the Patriots. I missed 2 FG's and of course Tom has a late game drive to tie it. But in OT Johnson scored on a 12 yard toss play and ended the game. Browns 26 Patriots 20 Final/OT

Unreal how pumped I am LOL. Now 2-3 and in the hunt within the division (for now).
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #1498
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
It feels like the AI almost always wants to throw to the route that has the most separation (almost always the closest underneath route) when it should be taking more shots with tighter separation like a real qb would. I have watched countless plays on replay and this is what it is doing. In the 2 minute drill the cpu challenges coverage though so we know it has a moving threshold for what it considers open.

I was wondering a couple things:

-is it possible setting qba up to say 75-100 would get the cpu to consider tighter separation attractive?
-would edging down the pass coverage slider merely blow it open or crewte just enough opening to entice deeper throws if set to the right number?
Remember, if we change a gameplay slider within CFM, CPU playcalling goes to crap again (i.e. 4 verts, sticks, dives, rinse and repeat). (Un)fortunately, neither is an option.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #1499
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Do you use tdawg XP sliders? What do you have it set to ?
Are there people out there that DON'T use his settings? LOL

Yes, I absolutely use his work....but if you have your own preferences, go for it.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #1500
Pro

sms024's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Do you use tdawg XP sliders? What do you have it set to ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah it's a great set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #1501
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Played a test Cfm game the other night jets bengals. Cincy totally exploited eifert against my linebackers for 14 catches, 143 yards and 2 td's. I lost the game 45-14 but one thing that was a thing of beauty was I double teamed eifert with a defensive end and bluffed blitz with my safeties. Dalton didn't read it correctly and forced a throw to eifert and Pryor picked it off.

I'll probably start my real Cfm tonight but may have to go with preseason rosters. Maybe the updated rosters have an effect on computer completion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #1502
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Ah, ok. Makes sense. I'll leave it at 9, no acc then.

Just finished my week 5 game (Browns) vs the Patriots. I missed 2 FG's and of course Tom has a late game drive to tie it. But in OT Johnson scored on a 12 yard toss play and ended the game. Browns 26 Patriots 20 Final/OT

Unreal how pumped I am LOL. Now 2-3 and in the hunt within the division (for now).
Back to reality, Browns now 2-7. Lost 4 straight, sliders/settings spot on. I have a lot of work to do to get these Brownies on track.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #1503
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Back to reality, Browns now 2-7. Lost 4 straight, sliders/settings spot on. I have a lot of work to do to get these Brownies on track.

Fiddy what roster are you using

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #1504
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Remember, if we change a gameplay slider within CFM, CPU playcalling goes to crap again (i.e. 4 verts, sticks, dives, rinse and repeat). (Un)fortunately, neither is an option.
Are we sure about that? I tried CPU QB acc at 10 (just to see if it would change something, it didn't...), and they showed the same variety of play calls that I have seen before. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but the vast majority of slider guys doesn't leave the sliders untouched at all. After all these years there should be a consensus on if gameplay sliders do change playcalling, I would suppose.
After all that should be easy to prove by just making a list of the plays called with sliders at 50 and with sliders at let's say 10.
Again, I'm not doubting your knowledge (I enjoyed King's set on M16 a lot), but I'm surprised how much uncertainty there still is after all these years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »