Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #1537
Survival Hurts.....

SilentYetViolent's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Josh, your AP sliders gave me great games for two seasons. Now, your AM sliders are giving me nightmares in Year 3 haha. I've started off the season 3-0 but as of now, I'm 3-5. No blowout losses, all came down to just one possession. Bad decision making and fumbles have doomed us, except for our loss to Washington.

I don't know if it was AM shenanigans but they managed to score 36....(THIRTY-SIX!) unanswered points in the 2nd half lol. Defense played a decent game for us but lucky fumbles, a blocked punt for a TD, and a few blown coverages erased our lead. All was forgotten because I managed to force a fumble and returned it back to take the lead with 1 second left on the clock....or so I thought. BOOTH REVIEW!! Fumble overturned....Skins win, lol .

Like I said, I'm loving these sliders. QBs hitting open guys and taking deep shots more than checkdowns. Run game is there, as long as you have a line to give you daylight. All in all it's a great set. I have KC next week and I'm really trying to avoid sliding from 1st to worst in my division right now. I'll let you guys know the results of that one haha.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Last edited by SilentYetViolent; 10-02-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #1538
Banned

OVR: 0

may i ask: what is the difference between AP and AM when using these wonderful settings/sliders ?

thanks
Old 10-02-2016, 11:14 PM   #1539
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
may i ask: what is the difference between AP and AM when using these wonderful settings/sliders ?

thanks
All Madden forces you to use all the tools at your disposal, line shifting, protection shifts, coverage shifts etc. where on all pro you can win by simply making the correct play call. Also on all madden cpu players play above their ratings, so you can be playing a corner with 80 man coverage and he may play like he has a 90 man coverage rating.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #1540
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32

thanks
When playing AM the CPU gets an attributes boost across the board. Basically they're overpowered, which makes up for their lack of AI when playing a human controlled team.

On AP the game plays truer to the ratings as no team gains an edge attributes wise. Where AP falls short is in the CPU's AI in terms of aggressiveness, decision making, etc. Their lack of AI makes the human slightly overpowered.

In saying all of that, I'm loving AP so far this year. I've won big at times, but have also lost games where it felt I couldn't do anything. I've only played "play now" games though and have yet to start my CFM. When I do, I may find I need the CPU to be more challenging.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:08 AM   #1541
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Woops!! Thanks for catching that....I had them inverted

Fixed in the above post.

Also....I added in one other update I had been testing...

These are the updates:
  • Change Main Menu Holding to 35
  • Change OPI from Off(MM)/On(CFM) to On(MM)/Off(CFM)
  • Change MM Autosub for CB to 25/60
I went ahead and updated the OP.
Holy crap guys!!! Just played my first game with the updates (Chargers CFM/Year 1) and it was amazing. I could immediately see the better coverage and pass rush on both sides. My DB's really played the ball and the receivers strong. It was fantastic. My team had 4 ints vs Tannehill (2 playing and 2 in PTM). I squeezed out a 13-10 victory. I only had 214 yards total offense lol. Couldn't get it going at all but my D bailed me out. Great stuff Josh/King. Keep it up.

Forgot to mention Melvin Ingram and his 90 rated Finesse Move. He was all over the field. He was making Brandon Albert look like a rookie lol. It's so awesome to have the moves actually work and not be stuck to the oline like glue. I didn't get a sack but forced Tannehill to throw when he wasn't ready many times.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 10-03-2016 at 01:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 01:09 AM   #1542
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
I meant passing not total yards. I have the worst past defense and I'm giving up the most points in week 9. And I'm a veteran Madden player. Maybe it's lack of pass rush.... Who knows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
How do you play defense? When I play, I'm very much a "bend don't break" defense. On passing downs I sell out on the pass so my guys know to drop and not look out for the run. I also select to defend "over the top" at times as well as to not get beat deep (I also utilize "sticks" to defend the 1st down marker and "underneath" if the offense is dunking and dunking everything). I mostly play zone, but it really depends on your DB's strengths. If you've got good man coverage CB's, predominantly play man and mix in zone occasionally (otherwise you'll get picked apart). Likewise if you've got good zone coverage CB's. Predominantly play zone but again, you have to mix in man coverage at times otherwise you'll leak passing yards like a sieve. You really do need to mix up coverage looks and not rely on just a couple of plays. I rarely utilize heavy blitzes unless I'm predicting run (depending on down and yardage and their personnel grouping). That's another thing. If their personnel is more than 2 WR's, you probably shouldn't stay in your base. If they've got 3 WR's, call a nickel play which gives you an extra DB. If they've got 4 WR's, call a dime play which gives you another DB out there for speed and coverage. As for DB's, if your front 7 aren't getting home and pressuring the QB or sacking him, bringing a DB on the blitz can sometimes catch them off guard. It's also good to use your CB's in press coverage or off coverage or whatever (depending on their strengths and what you're trying to disrupt). Give them different looks. Show blitz when you're dropping 7-8. You can also "spotlight" receivers if someone's carving you up. I mostly control my ILB's so I've got the middle of the field and know if I have to shoot up to defend something underneath or drop deeper if someone's working the middle of the field 10+ yards deep. Hope his helps.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 AM   #1543
MVP

OVR: 1

im using these in coach mode . some close games until i wear them out. having 10 oline and rotating them really causes their starting dline to fatigue. the only thing wrong, and it happens more in am, is the qb moving out of the pocket, and im not talking wilson or rodgers.
rolling left to almost the sideline throwing 30 yards to the right to get a 3rd and 25 sort of thing. when they stay in the pocket the oline give them 7-12 secs and looking at the play there is holding that isnt called. mysterious a receiver gets free, and every dlineman is pancaked multiple times when they are bored holding them
Old 10-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #1544
Rookie

OVR: 5

Lowering the holding to 35 has certainly helped the pass rush. One thing I need to start doing more in All-Madden is play TEAM defense. I tend to focus entirly on getting Aaron Donald the best possible matchup on every play instead of making sure my entire D is in the right position. Just doing that, in effect, helps Donald make plays. It's pretty cool.

Just out of curiosity, Josh and King, does the holding slider in the MM affect block shedding for runs as well as the pass rush?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »