JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 194 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #1545
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Lowering the holding to 35 has certainly helped the pass rush. One thing I need to start doing more in All-Madden is play TEAM defense. I tend to focus entirly on getting Aaron Donald the best possible matchup on every play instead of making sure my entire D is in the right position. Just doing that, in effect, helps Donald make plays. It's pretty cool.

Just out of curiosity, Josh and King, does the holding slider in the MM affect block shedding for runs as well as the pass rush?

Thanks again for all the hard work.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #1546
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Lowering the holding to 35 has certainly helped the pass rush. One thing I need to start doing more in All-Madden is play TEAM defense. I tend to focus entirly on getting Aaron Donald the best possible matchup on every play instead of making sure my entire D is in the right position. Just doing that, in effect, helps Donald make plays. It's pretty cool.

Just out of curiosity, Josh and King, does the holding slider in the MM affect block shedding for runs as well as the pass rush?

Thanks again for all the hard work.
Yes, it does.

Team defense IS crucial on All Madden. The CPU can and will exploit mis-matches, so you really have to pay attention to the alignment.

Unrelated, but had a fun little play last night. I was usering the Left outside rusher (don't remember if it was an end or OLB). Well, it was an outside run play and the RT had me pretty well locked-up. Instead of desperately trying to dis-engage, I was able to re-direct the block further outside just by pushing the guy further out while still engaged...essentially containing the edge. The CPU controlled defenders were then able to clean-up and make the tackle. If I had dipped inside (which was the only way I could've shed the block based on the angle), the RB would've got to the edge for a solid gain.

It was a satisfying play as I directly influenced the outcome of the play without actually making the tackle. Sometimes, little subtle things like this can make or break how the game unfolds....
Old 10-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #1547
decay....Decay......DECAY

SilentYetViolent's Arena

OVR: 7

It feels so good to pick up a W after losing constantly. KC put up a strong game in the 1st half, leading 28-24 going into halftime. 2nd half, our front seven started pressuring Alex more and forcing him to get rid of the ball. Brock played a much cleaner half of football and lead Houston to a much needed win after turning it over earlier in the 4th.

Coming off our bye week, we head to Orchard Park to battle Rex Ryan and those Bills. Both squads are looking to go back to .500 but only one team can win, stay tuned.....

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #1548
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Not sure how you figure this stuff out Josh but its pretty cool, I started tweaking sliders in MM and CM not thinking the effects they would have on game play.... and the more I tinkered trying to target certain aspects of game play the worse it became. I also noticed by adjusting one slider something else went out of "balance", it became a never ending problem. With that being said I think your most recent adjustment has really toned down the ROBO QB I was often seeing and making pass coverage better on both sides. It's amazing how the game can be tweaked through auto subs and penalty's, I wouldn't have believed it be true but strangely enough it is.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #1549
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

How determinant would playing on slow speed be to the outcome of these? Anybody tried it? I think Normal is just too herky jerky. But maybe I'm just old.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 10-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #1550
Pro

OVR: 0

0-6. I get soooo close and then my team chokes. 31-28 against the bills and I throw a pick on an out rout with 30 seconds left. My guy was open but a bad pass killed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #1551
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
How determinant would playing on slow speed be to the outcome of these? Anybody tried it? I think Normal is just too herky jerky. But maybe I'm just old.
I've tried slow..what i found was CPU run game disappears, which made D way too easy, covering the pass is easy when you aren't concerned about the run.

I agree I like the way slow feels better but it just didn't work with this set
Old 10-03-2016, 07:23 PM   #1552
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
I've tried slow..what i found was CPU run game disappears, which made D way too easy, covering the pass is easy when you aren't concerned about the run.

I agree I like the way slow feels better but it just didn't work with this set

Interesting. I wonder if I could raise the Holding in the MM to say 40 or so to compensate then, and run it on slow.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »