Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #1601
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
I think the game plays just as good after Patch #2 with these settings listed on first page. Are we kinda obsessing here ? I appreciate the work - I just hope that we can play more than trying to extract gameplay that may not be there.
Definitely not....there is a reason we are doing what we are doing.

Will share more hopefully tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #1602
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
I think the game plays just as good after Patch #2 with these settings listed on first page. Are we kinda obsessing here ? I appreciate the work - I just hope that we can play more than trying to extract gameplay that may not be there.
Write down and save the sliders you have, when Josh and King release the new set try them out. Then play with whatever makes you happy.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:54 PM   #1603
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Write down and save the sliders you have, when Josh and King release the new set try them out. Then play with whatever makes you happy.
I agree. I am liking what I see with auto-subs in MM @ 60/80 and CFM as Josh currently has them. This is on AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:22 AM   #1604
Rookie

When we see some new stuff for settings?

I dont know what goes wrong for old ones, I use them and had good games and realistic stats.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:16 AM   #1605
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukkaM
When we see some new stuff for settings?

I dont know what goes wrong for old ones, I use them and had good games and realistic stats.
There was a patch released on Tuesday. Threw everything for a loop.

I may have found the final piece I was looking for late this evening. I need to iron-out a final value and will do so after work tomorrow. Should have a test set out late tomorrow evening (pacific time).

I know people are anxious....as am I....but my goal is that when these drop, they will have been worth the wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #1606
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I just want to reiterate what Josh has said several times about deleting a profile if you're seeing something wonky. After the new patch came out, I deleted the game, my profile and old tuner and reinstalled. I went through the whole Rams/Redskins intro, so I had a completely new profile. So I was trying to start completely from scratch.

Made some small tweaks to my MM profile (time, coach mode, assists off) and played AP default (100% out of the box) with my franchise. Game play was awful...no running game at all (crazy block shedding and lack of RB moves and BTK) and passing was unstoppable (DB coverage was no where to be seen). Overall, CPU sucked, and I was killing them. After 3 games of this, all I did was what Josh recommended...go back to MM, set the profile up the way I wanted it, went in Share/Manage and deleted the profile, then backed out and let the new profile get auto created and saved.

I then went and played the same games again in my franchise and I had a totally different game play experience. Now, I can't stop the run (RBs have crazy moves now), passing is more manageable (more throw aways and DBs do better covering), and the CPU is a bit more competitive overall.

Crazy that this works since I touched nothing in my CFM and my MM profile settings were exactly the same as I had them before. Whatever this is, it probably explains why you read on this board how folks have very different experiences...it's not just slider changes.
So even if you just got the game and downloaded the patch you still need to do the profile delete trick? I thought that was only if you had been playing previously and it was done to kind of reset everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #1607
Pro

OVR: 1

Just sharing what happened to me. I did a complete reinstall, got Experience A (which was awful). Then all I did was follow Josh's steps on deleting the profile, using the exact same settings as before and using the exact same CFM, I got Experience B. I have no idea why, but I wasn't surprised. I have seen many times where I have Set 1 giving me a certain experience, then make a small change for Set 2, don't like it, and go back to Set 1, and I can't replicate that original experience, if that makes any sense. The only thing that seems to help is deleting the profile using Josh's method.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #1608
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Just sharing what happened to me. I did a complete reinstall, got Experience A (which was awful). Then all I did was follow Josh's steps on deleting the profile, using the exact same settings as before and using the exact same CFM, I got Experience B. I have no idea why, but I wasn't surprised. I have seen many times where I have Set 1 giving me a certain experience, then make a small change for Set 2, don't like it, and go back to Set 1, and I can't replicate that original experience, if that makes any sense. The only thing that seems to help is deleting the profile using Josh's method.
That's good to hear. Uninstalling and re-installing the game after each patch stinks. Much easier this way. Thanks for sharing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »