JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 202 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #1609
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Just sharing what happened to me. I did a complete reinstall, got Experience A (which was awful). Then all I did was follow Josh's steps on deleting the profile, using the exact same settings as before and using the exact same CFM, I got Experience B. I have no idea why, but I wasn't surprised. I have seen many times where I have Set 1 giving me a certain experience, then make a small change for Set 2, don't like it, and go back to Set 1, and I can't replicate that original experience, if that makes any sense. The only thing that seems to help is deleting the profile using Josh's method.
That's good to hear. Uninstalling and re-installing the game after each patch stinks. Much easier this way. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #1610
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
That's good to hear. Uninstalling and re-installing the game after each patch stinks. Much easier this way. Thanks for sharing.
To be honest unless your game is glitching you shouldn't have to ever reinstall the game. It's the profile that saves all your gameplay settings. Clearing that will solve most issues. It's kinda like clearing your cache.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #1611
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
To be honest unless your game is glitching you shouldn't have to ever reinstall the game. It's the profile that saves all your gameplay settings. Clearing that will solve most issues. It's kinda like clearing your cache.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I concur. I actually do this fairly often when testing sliders.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #1612
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Josh anything you think I should test out? Gonna probably start from scratch on my own set.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 12:09 AM   #1613
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK all. Here we go....

We obviously had a good thing going pre-patch, but that ended with the patch, which pretty much cut the cord between the impact of MM sliders (penalties/subs) on Franchise Mode. After the initial shock wore-off.....it was time to pick up the pieces and start again. It is what it is...

So, to accommodate the new patch, King and I had to essentially 'migrate' the old MM penalty and autosub settings over into the Franchise Mode. But, it was a tad complicated as autosubs in FM affect subbing and penalty sliders in FM affect the actual calls...unlike when we had them in the MM. As you might imagine, this took some work, but I think we have a set now that is (at a minimum) on par with what we had with the old set and is, in some respects, better. We learned a couple of other things that will (hopefully) improve the overall gameplay during this process.

As always, please keep any feedback focused on what you're seeing on the field and not as much on the final stats.

Finally, it sometimes takes a couple of weeks of broad testing from a number of people to nail down certain aspects of the set (passing games are the most difficult to judge without a sufficient sample size). It happened with the last set and we were able to nail things down a bit better...it could very well happen this way again. Getting good, solid feedback from you all will be critical to help us attain that as expeditiously as possible.

A couple of notes:
  • Delete your profile in-game before starting (you don't need to reinstall the whole game). Existing franchises should be OK, but I have not tested that.
  • If using a previously started franchise, I recommend hitting reset in the sliders menu and then setting the new sliders manually.
  • For new franchises, just manually enter all of the values within franchise mode.
  • I have only tested using the preseason roster, your mileage may vary on using other rosters (even later versions from EA).
  • I see no need for generic or custom rosters. You may use them as you desire, but play selection is quite solid using default playbooks.
I hope everyone enjoys!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (45.2 KB, 169 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-08-2016 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #1614
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK all. Here we go....

We obviously had a good thing going pre-patch, but that ended with the patch, which pretty much cut the cord between the impact of MM sliders (penalties/subs) on Franchise Mode. After the initial shock wore-off.....it was time to pick up the pieces and start again. It is what it is...

So, to accommodate the new patch, King and I had to essentially 'migrate' the old MM penalty and autosub settings over into the Franchise Mode. But, it was a tad complicated as autosubs in FM affect subbing and penalty sliders in FM affect the actual calls...unlike when we had them in the MM. As you might imagine, this took some work, but I think we have a set now that is (at a minimum) on par with what we had with the old set and is, in some respects, better. We learned a couple of other things that will (hopefully) improve the overall gameplay during this process.

As always, please keep any feedback focused on what you're seeing on the field and not as much on the final stats.

Finally, it sometimes takes a couple of weeks of broad testing from a number of people to nail down certain aspects of the set (passing games are the most difficult to judge without a sufficient sample size). It happened with the last set and we were able to nail things down a bit better...it could very well happen this way again. Getting good, solid feedback from you all will be critical to help us attain that as expeditiously as possible.

A couple of notes:
  • Delete your profile in-game before starting (you don't need to reinstall the whole game). Existing franchises should be OK, but I have not tested that.
  • If using a previously started franchise, I recommend hitting reset in the sliders menu and then setting the new sliders manually.
  • For new franchises, just manually enter all of the values within franchise mode.
  • I have only tested using the preseason roster, your mileage may vary on using other rosters (even later versions from EA).
  • I see no need for generic or custom rosters. You may use them as you desire, but play selection is quite solid using default playbooks.
I hope everyone enjoys!!
thank you. what do you think of LB reactions and defensive pursuit angles after patch #2 ?
Old 10-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #1615
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
thank you. what do you think of LB reactions and defensive pursuit angles after patch #2 ?
I haven't seen any issues...with this set.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:40 AM   #1616
Rookie

CJManis10's Arena

Some quick early impressions.

- Line play is really good.

- CPU QB decision making has been good. I've seen 2 scrambles out of the pocket in the first half.

- Coverage seems good. I've been beat on a couple comeback routes and a post.

- The only negative is through the first half, both teams have a combined total of 6 block in the back penalties.

Other than the block in the back penalties, this set looks promising! Thanks Josh and company!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »