JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 207 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #1649
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Zone defense dictates two things to the offense: find the open man as soon as possible (limit deep shots), and run the ball less. When the defense is in zone, their eyes are on the quarterback at the snap... if they read run, it's a MUCH quicker response than if 6 defenders immediately have eyes on receiver threats (like they would in man)

This is also why play action is much less effective against man coverage, the db'/ and LB's are not concerned with what's going on in the backfield... so the run fake is almost useless

Hopefully this knowledge will help some better understand why players act (or don't act) a certain way in the game (and on Sunday)!!
Excellent explanation! But from a madden point of view, can't have a "play zone and win" thing going on =)

Played another vs a pass heavy philly team, results were similar, despite me playing much more man than usual for testing purposes. Less than 200 yds for phi, they did take one shot deep vs cover 3 zone and completed a jump ball, they also got a pick 6 and blocked punt td, so that would decrease their total yards.

Would think that it was my balanced, burn clock, type of play style that was dictating this if it weren't for the pre and post patch differences.

As always your time is very much appreciated
Old 10-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #1650
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Excellent explanation! But from a madden point of view, can't have a "play zone and win" thing going on =)

Played another vs a pass heavy philly team, results were similar, despite me playing much more man than usual for testing purposes. Less than 200 yds for phi, they did take one shot deep vs cover 3 zone and completed a jump ball, they also got a pick 6 and blocked punt td, so that would decrease their total yards.

Would think that it was my balanced, burn clock, type of play style that was dictating this if it weren't for the pre and post patch differences.

As always your time is very much appreciated
It might still be your style. But....I knowingly erred on the side of going too high on dpi when I posted this...I was torn between 53 and 54. Having given 54 a shot, plug in 53 dpi and see what happens.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #1651
MVP

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Josh, are you seeing a difference with fatigue and auto subs post patch?
Old 10-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #1652
MVP

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
IF...you have control of your opponent (i.e. you created their coach or owner), then yes.

If you're just using single team control, then no.
If you dont input the auto subs for the team you're playing they will use the default 49/50 setting. Pretty sure you must create a coaching profile for the team you play week to week in a solo offline CFM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #1653
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Josh, are you seeing a difference with fatigue and auto subs post patch?
Not an area of focus right now.

Edit: sorry, that sounded a tad snotty

What I'm trying to say is that I haven't paid attention to that yet...

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-08-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #1654
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
If you dont input the auto subs for the team you're playing they will use the default 49/50 setting. Pretty sure you must create a coaching profile for the team you play week to week in a solo offline CFM.
Nope, disagree. The reason is, if that were true, we'd see major differences in how CPU vs user teams played based on the autosub values. I have'nt seen that at all....and the fact I can edit MY teams' autosubs and affect the CPU confirms that.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-08-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:53 PM   #1655
MVP

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Nope, disagree. The reason is, if that were true, we'd see major differences in how CPU vs user teams played based on the autosub values. I have'nt seen that at all....and the fact I can edit MY teams' autosubs and affect the CPU confirms that.
Interesting. The only thing that makes me think you need to is that when you do create another coaching profile and go into auto subs they are at 49/50. Now when you retire and then go back to the same team they are at the settings you inputted when you briefly took control over the team. I'm also seeing different rates of subs when you do not input them for the team you're playing that week.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #1656
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
It might still be your style. But....I knowingly erred on the side of going too high on dpi when I posted this...I was torn between 53 and 54. Having given 54 a shot, plug in 53 dpi and see what happens.
Playing one more today, switched dpi to 53, reset profile, playing vs 7-1 rams 3rd best O, 3rd pass, 11th rush.

Streaming again woad2334 on twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »