JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 211 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #1681
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

What penalty sliders u uses? Default is 50?
Old 10-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #1682
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
I've played seven games so far as the Raiders (who have at least an average secondary) and my opposing QBs average 85% - 90% (I'm not exaggerating) completion percentage and almost 400 yards a game.
Quoting myself to make fun of myself.

Remind me never to complain about at least an average defense. Sweet mother of pearl I started a new franchise as the Colts. Good. Grief. The Raiders defense I fielded looked like the '85 Bears compared to the this. Pretty hilarious actually.

Anyhoo, onto some slider feedback:

- Still love the run game. Good backs and Good OLines really shine with these sliders.

- Yet even good offensive linemen get beaten occasionally. However, truly STAR OLinemen will lock down good pass rushers for the most part. This is a good thing as if you match up a star OLineman with a star pass rusher, the OLineman really will win most of the time. Not all of the time, but mostly. Good balance. I still feel like holding could be lowered a notch to increase block shedding a tad, but I'm still good with it.

- Tackling! These sliders make the TACKLING skill on defenders absolutely mandatory. One of the reasons my Colts defense is so porous is because RBs often bounce right off would-be tacklers. I like this. I have a lot of "prototype" style linebackers, and while they have the speed and acceleration to make up for their coverage and pursuit deficiencies, they simply don't wrap-up. A real problem and a very realistic one.

- Coverage still seems a tad too loose. I know I'm the Colts right now (maybe not the best test case....), but Luck carves defenses up (not overly unrealistic I suppose). However, all of the games I played both as the Raiders and the Colts have both QBs (Luck/Carr and whomever I was playing against), regardless of skill, absolutely carve up defenses.

- I really can't say enough good things overall, guys. As frustrating as the new patch must have been for you, I think this plays even better than before.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #1683
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Quoting myself to make fun of myself.

Remind me never to complain about at least an average defense. Sweet mother of pearl I started a new franchise as the Colts. Good. Grief. The Raiders defense I fielded looked like the '85 Bears compared to the this. Pretty hilarious actually.

Anyhoo, onto some slider feedback:

- Still love the run game. Good backs and Good OLines really shine with these sliders.

- Yet even good offensive linemen get beaten occasionally. However, truly STAR OLinemen will lock down good pass rushers for the most part. This is a good thing as if you match up a star OLineman with a star pass rusher, the OLineman really will win most of the time. Not all of the time, but mostly. Good balance. I still feel like holding could be lowered a notch to increase block shedding a tad, but I'm still good with it.

- Tackling! These sliders make the TACKLING skill on defenders absolutely mandatory. One of the reasons my Colts defense is so porous is because RBs often bounce right off would-be tacklers. I like this. I have a lot of "prototype" style linebackers, and while they have the speed and acceleration to make up for their coverage and pursuit deficiencies, they simply don't wrap-up. A real problem and a very realistic one.

- Coverage still seems a tad too loose. I know I'm the Colts right now (maybe not the best test case....), but Luck carves defenses up (not overly unrealistic I suppose). However, all of the games I played both as the Raiders and the Colts have both QBs (Luck/Carr and whomever I was playing against), regardless of skill, absolutely carve up defenses.

- I really can't say enough good things overall, guys. As frustrating as the new patch must have been for you, I think this plays even better than before.

As a 49ers franchise person, I can assure you Gabbert and Kaepernick do not carve up defenses. It's a struggle haha.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #1684
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Streaming a game using OP settings and only coach called plays, hoping it'll make for a bit more challenging game

Woad2334 on twitch
Old 10-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #1685
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

In agreement about coverage being loose, also qbs too accurate...the only incompletes I'm seeing are throw aways or hit as they released. You very rarely see a qb just miss a little, which would also help stop inflated pass numbers, even if catch is made, if it's not in stride wr will get 8 instead of 40.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #1686
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
In agreement about coverage being loose, also qbs too accurate...the only incompletes I'm seeing are throw aways or hit as they released. You very rarely see a qb just miss a little, which would also help stop inflated pass numbers, even if catch is made, if it's not in stride wr will get 8 instead of 40.
do you think that "game speed" influences the reactions of DB's and LB's when attacking the run game or pass covg. ? reason is cause I like animations on slow, but reactions seem better on normal, and fast is wayyy to spastic.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #1687
Rookie

Icon5 Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Does anyone here know if any of these slider sets can be used to sim out games without human interaction? Such as in Play Now picking neither team and letting it just sim out.

The reason I bring this up is due to the crazy RB stats. Many times you will have 40-50 Carries by one team in a game which is out of this world in NFL. Also i'm sure the broken sim sliders may effect season sim's. Thanks to anyone who can answer.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #1688
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
As a 49ers franchise person, I can assure you Gabbert and Kaepernick do not carve up defenses. It's a struggle haha.
I wish we could literally watch each other play because you must be doing something I'm not. When I played against Gabbert, he absolutely played exceptionally well against me. I will FULLY admit that it could just be me not playing well and not calling the right plays though.

I simply rarely see an over or under throw by any qb. Only incompletes are drops, throw aways, or hit while passing.

But, again, it could be my play-calling too. Not sure. All I can do is report what I see

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »