JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 228 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #1817
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Also because throws are so tight...even with good coverage dbs very rarely make plays on the ball despite aggressive trait
Old 10-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #1818
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Anything on the DB glitch?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
From what I can conclude the glitch is pretty situational and probably most people don't see it based on chance and their play style. That's the only way I can explain why most of the board is indifferent to this or hasn't seen it. It can happen when playing man coverage and a db is giving cushion on an in, out, or curl route. It can also happen when a db is playing bump and tight coverage on a comeback. And even then, in either case, it doesn't happen all the time. It's tied specifically to throw timing in the previous scenarios. If you anticipate the wr's break in those scenarios above it happens more often than not. And I have noticed that great slider sets such as Josh's minimizes that window of the glitch occurring (the window in throw timing to have the glitch occur is much smaller).

My friends in my CFM rarely see "the slide" (although if I tell them the specific conditions for it they can see it almost every time as well). They play more zone and they don't run the routes on offense I run as much. You rarely see it when you're playing defense because the cpu qb is rarely anticipating routes and cuts therefore hitting that throw time window to make it happen. Finally, the cpu barely even runs the routes where it happens anyway. So really you have to be on offense, you have to call the route against the specific coverage in which the glitch occurs and you have to timing of your throw to make it happen. It's so player specific I imagine a few players are plagued with this issue while others will never see it, if they are even looking at it.

I would just stick to Josh's slider set which again keeps the window in which the glitch can engage smaller and either change your play style or ignore the times it happens. I have no idea if they plan on addressing this as I haven't gotten a response to any of the tweets I've sent with findings and examples. Hopefully a patch will fix it and if not it is possible to minimize the chances of it occurring. In worst case scenario, Battlefield 1 comes out next week ha.

Sorry to derail your thread one more time Josh. Trying to bring some closure to what I started. Thanks for a great set and for at least taking the time to explain and address the glitch some were seeing.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #1819
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've been playing without the tuner...

I haven't done a "compare and contrast", but I generally avoid them...

They're primarily designed for online play, which I assume means MUT or H2H, and that's not what I'm doing...

That tuner is the tuner that was dropped before the patch (as per Clint O. on twitter), so I figure it got folded into the big patch that followed anyway...

I'm also "fishing" on AP...much more promising, post patch...
King, this is a additional tuner that just dropped Thursday around here. It was to fix the fumbles of the strip sacks that were occurring too frequently.

It was reiterated by Clint that the tuner fixed fumbles only.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:54 AM   #1820
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Uh-oh.........looks like a new tuner just dropped. I'm almost scared to download it.......
Don't be..it's our savior.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #1821
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey Josh, I've used your sliders in previous iterations of Madden (haven't this year yet). Good to see you guys constantly testing and getting the game to a better playing state, much respect to ya. Something that I thought about is would there be any impact in turning off certain penalties (KCI, Intentional Grounding,etc)? Note: I haven't tried this myself yet.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

Twitch
Old 10-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #1822
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Streaming on Twitch for a bit:

https://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Old 10-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #1823
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK guys...back to basics.

Do the following:
  1. install the new tuner
  2. exit game and delete your madden profile
  3. re-start the game, run through the intro crap
  4. once done, enter the settings as per below.
The monumental key is that the new tuner has given back the mm-cfm connection. Now...the MM injury slider finally works the way it did last year, providing a better overall aggression in every phase of the game. This is key to get a solid overall defensive game on All Pro...yes, we're back!

Just finished on Twitch in a game where the Texans (CPU) dominated me as the Bears. Brock completed 62% of his passes, Cutler 55%. Both backs were over 100 yards rushing. The star though was Watt...who finished with 9 total tackles and 3 sacks! He was absolutely dominant in the game...as he should be. There was also tremendous variety in how every play unfolded...this is important to keep the game from feeling stale.

Things I am looking at:
  • Making sure the run game has a variety of outcomes from game-to-game.
  • Possible glitchy pursuit showed up on one play...will monitor...adjust KCI might be needed, we'll see.
  • Monitoring sack numbers to make sure there is variety.
  • Penalties/subs (low priority)
Lots of guys on the stream clamoring for these, so they haven't been through the full shakedown...don't be shocked if things change a tad. But overall, this is the happiest I've been since M17 came out.

Final note: these have only been tested using pre-season rosters on a new franchise. YMMV using other rosters or existing CFMs.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (45.0 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-15-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #1824
MVP

OVR: 6

What does it do for injuries? Does it bring back minor injuries so i have more chances of having the option to bring the player back in?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »