JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 232 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #1849
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Josh correct me if in wrong but i think you said the mm injury slider affects player aggressiveness? How so if true?
Old 10-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #1850
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And there you have it.

Josh mentioned at the end you may find different results if you are using the same CFM instead of starting a new one.
I guess I'll go back to the old settings then. Josh what do you think would play better, the current settings on All madden or the old settings?
Old 10-15-2016, 07:24 PM   #1851
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Josh correct me if in wrong but i think you said the mm injury slider affects player aggressiveness? How so if true?
Yes...it's tough to quantify...but the defenders are more aggressive overall, tighter coverage, more aggressive on rush, etc. Makes for a more defensive game (at least relative to pure default AP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang
I guess I'll go back to the old settings then. Josh what do you think would play better, the current settings on All madden or the old settings?
Stick with AP...I think you will get the best experience. Actually make sure you hit the reset button in CFM sliders and then re-adjust...sounds like your game didn't quite register the new settings. Give it a couple more.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #1852
MVP

OVR: 6

I have come to the conclusion injures are broken. Its either major injuries that take your player out for weeks or none all. Never had this issue before. And it seems it can't be fixed. Sad

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #1853
Rookie

Josh, just played first game on your slider set and lost 24-17 to the Dolphins on a blocked FG that they returned for a TD. BS way to lose a game but the best game I played on all pro. I have noticed that elite WR rarely drop the ball and there is solid RB rotation. I used the Giants and here are some stats:
HUM QB 25-38 204 yds 1 TD 2 Int
CPU QB 20-26 153 yds 2 TD

HUM RB 22 att 82 yds 1 TD
CPU RB 25 att 93 yds

HUM DEF 4.5 scks
CPU DEF 1 sck 2 Int
Old 10-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #1854
Rookie

Josh, just wanted to give some first impressions on using your recommendations (this is pre-update to 75 injury setting). I can't remember if it was in this thread or not but I do recall someone stating that there is a difficulty difference when replaying the same game multiple times, so that is the approach I took. Following your directions (deleting profile, resetting sliders, etc.) I started a new offline CFM as the Ravens. I only played the first three games, but I played each game roughly three times each, so these impressions essentially cover 9 games. (I apologize for the length; I wanted to delve into actual gameplay and how it felt rather than just posting box scores. I think that helps define how the game really plays more than just numbers).

QB accuracy (the actual throw itself) was very high for both myself and the CPU, but it was not typically reflected in the box scores. For my team, it seemed like any contact in traffic (including Steve Smith, with 93 CIT rating) caused the ball to pop loose and end up incomplete. The CPU didn't have this problem, but still suffered in completion % due to tight coverage (often from average to sub-average corners like Shareece Wright [matched up against Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins]). The CPU QB also has a tendency to throw the ball away even without pressure. I think this might be attributed to the QBs themselves (e.g. EJ Manuel and Blake Bortles) as I didn't go up against a highly rated QB in these games. All in all, the numbers actually tended to look pretty good. For example, the third iteration of game 1 against the Bills produced:

Rating Yards TD INT Sacks % COMP ATT
Joe Flacco: 92.2 281 2 1 2 62 23 37
Tyrod Taylor: 67.7 46 0 0 0 50 4 8 (Taylor got hurt)
EJ Manuel: 92.7 213 2 1 2 63 19 30

These are amazing numbers, but they game with some very head scratching moments, including the ridiculously high dropped pass from contact on my team, and the strange decisions to throw the ball away for the Bills. I also need to point out that most of these numbers came in the fourth quarter, including all 4 TD passes and Flacco's INT. Both QBs got some kind of exceptional boost to accuracy during the final quarter which helped an otherwise pedestrian air attack for both sides.

I already mentioned the tendency for WRs to drop passes in contact; this started to disappear in later quarters, but was persistent in every game I played. The only other comment I want to make on WRs (and CBs I guess) is that the CPU seems afraid to throw unless a WR is WIDE open. This happens quite a bit as the defensive line usually has trouble applying any kind of pressure, giving the QB all day to throw and the WRs time to adjust their routes. This resulted in generally 3 outcomes: 1) the QB inexplicably throws the ball away. 2) the QB throws to the flat for a 3-4 yard gain. 3) The QB throws deep or intermediate routes for 20+ yards (often around 40 yards when the WR route adjustments leave the CB looking like a moron). What I want to point out from all this is a lack of variety in the look of the passing game. Obviously, this lies largely in the AI playcalling, which tends to be rather stupid. Overall, it just didn't feel very organic; every CPU AI either immediately hit the flats for a short gain or benefitted from broken plays for huge yardage.

Lastly, the running game. I think this is the area that is most broken. The CPU cannot rush, period. I'll give some of that credit to the defense of my Ravens () but barring a 39 TD run by Lesean McCoy (entirely my fault, user error) no one was able to average more than 2.6 yards per carry. On the flip side, I was able to consistently break out big runs, including a 65 yarder and an 84 yarder with Kenneth Dixon in my last game, and a 36 yarder by FB Kyle Juszczyk in the same game. The run blocking for my team seems exceptional, while the CPU's is largely pathetic. All in all, the game seems very easy for the player.

Sorry for the length of the post; again, I wanted to give some game perspective for you to work with instead of just stats. I'm going to start a new CFM using the Redskins with your 75-injury setting. I'll post some more specific stats and impressions from those games.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:03 PM   #1855
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

This is why we came back to ap.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:07 PM   #1856
Pro

Josh, MM has no effect on online CFM correct? So if so, using the post patch, pre tuner set, would be good to use? I honestly didn't have a problem with it and never saw the QB and pass rush issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »