JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 236 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #1881
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is seriously the last time I am going to go through this.

Don't give me the "too easy/too hard" stuff without giving me reasons. Don't give me inflated stats without giving me reasons. What is "easy" or "hard" and WHY. The what is irrelevant, the why is what matters.

I can tell you that driving a car is too hard. OK...fine enough. But why? Maybe because it is snowy/icy, maybe because I drive in a big city and there is a ton of traffic, maybe because I am an idiot and drank a fifth of whiskey before getting behind the wheel. How you respond to help someone depends on the why. Without the why, you can't help. You don't give me a why on the sliders, I can't help you either.

One poster said the CPU running game was too easy to stop because the RBs were not hitting the holes well (i.e. not running direct). Easy fix. You tell me is is too easy (and that is all you say), I can't help you.

One final thing....in my experience, 75% of people complain because of one major reason, they set something up wrong. Even I have screwed this up before...and they are my sliders. So, let's walk through the basics for those of you new to my sliders.
  • Double-check every single setting.
  • These are designed for offline franchise mode...these are not for Play Now and will not work properly in that mode.
  • You must set everything (for both main menu and CFM) exactly as stated in the OP....including the clock settings. Feedback from those deviating from these settings will be ignored unless it is something I have specifically asked people to test.
  • I strongly suggest starting a new CFM. While they may be OK, I can not support existing CFMs; too many variables in play. If you have one you want to keep going; start a new test franchise and get a feel for how these play for a few games and then see if your old franchise plays the same. If it does, great. If not...at least you know.
  • You must have all patches and tuners installed
  • You must do a profile delete (not full game, just the profile) before starting.
  • I strongly suggest using the default preseason roster
  • I recommend a 4-6 game sample size (minimum) before judging ANY slider set (not just mine)
  • Finally, double-check every single setting.
If you do all these things and still don't like them, no problem. Plenty of other sets out there.

Thanks for your attention.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:21 PM   #1882
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Well got my first game in. Small sample size but all I can say is . You guys are the **** man. I don't know how you do it but damn. Game is playing like before. Ratings matter. Moves matter. Nothing feels cheap. Played so good.

I've been using Josh's sliders for a long time and even though it was one game I know he's almost got these down. It was the same with the post patch AM set. After two games I knew it just didn't feel right and wasn't gonna get better at that level.

Bravo Josh and King. You guys are champions in my book.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #1883
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok, I think the main reason that it is so much easier is the lack of pressure. I have time to go through every progression before I even worry about getting sacked. On the old sliders I had to make very quick decisions on where to pass which led to a lot more in completions and interceptions. When I got to 3rd down I would be nervous and focused on making the right read. Since the new patch I haven't started a drive where I was worried about not scoring and I am completing easily 80% of passing.

tl;dr I am not getting pressured at all

This is the only problem I am really facing, the Human running game is difficult and it fine. The human offense also plays very well without being robo QB. If I was pressured more to make faster decisions my experience would improve 10 fold
Old 10-17-2016, 12:12 AM   #1884
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang
Ok, I think the main reason that it is so much easier is the lack of pressure. I have time to go through every progression before I even worry about getting sacked. On the old sliders I had to make very quick decisions on where to pass which led to a lot more in completions and interceptions. When I got to 3rd down I would be nervous and focused on making the right read. Since the new patch I haven't started a drive where I was worried about not scoring and I am completing easily 80% of passing.

This is the only problem I am really facing, the Human running game is difficult and it fine. The human offense also plays very well without being robo QB. If I was pressured more to make faster decisions my experience would improve 10 fold
Dude this is crazy because I'm getting pressure up the ***. Just played a game vs Tampa and they were blitzing and mixing things up non stop. I had to make throws before my receivers were ready and many got broken up. So weird man. I have a pretty good oline too. Not sure why our experiences are so different.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-17-2016, 12:26 AM   #1885
Rookie

Is everyone getting defensive games with these using a new cfm? My games have been pretty good except for about 10 plays a game. I always break a bug run due to poor defensive alignment or pursuit angles, and have wide open recievers on cover 1 or zero. I've also seen a large number of special teams touchdowns for the user. I've done everything suggested besides start a new cfm.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:53 AM   #1886
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Is everyone getting defensive games with these using a new cfm? My games have been pretty good except for about 10 plays a game. I always break a bug run due to poor defensive alignment or pursuit angles, and have wide open recievers on cover 1 or zero. I've also seen a large number of special teams touchdowns for the user. I've done everything suggested besides start a new cfm.
Keep your CFM, but do a test one....just see if there is any clean-up. You're not the first person to mention the special teams.

Also....make sure you have KCI back on in both the MM and CFM. That was a change I made late yesterday to clean up pursuit...that could be the cause of any pursuit issues if you still have them off.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:55 AM   #1887
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang

Are you using preseason rosters? Just asking because that is the biggest issue I see with using any other downloaded rosters...they screw up the pass rush traits hard core.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:10 AM   #1888
Rookie

Cdub28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Are you using preseason rosters? Just asking because that is the biggest issue I see with using any other downloaded rosters...they screw up the pass rush traits hard core.
When you say preseason rosters, could you elaborate on that? Do you mean to use the rosters that came with the game? Sorry, I know this is probably a dumb question, but I am curious is this is why I am still having an issue with getting a pass rush. Although, I just starting a new CFM with the Browns. Converted from a 3-4 to 4-3 and the ends and tackles are not good...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »