JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 237 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-17-2016, 01:11 AM   #1889
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Well got my first game in. Small sample size but all I can say is . You guys are the **** man. I don't know how you do it but damn. Game is playing like before. Ratings matter. Moves matter. Nothing feels cheap. Played so good.

I've been using Josh's sliders for a long time and even though it was one game I know he's almost got these down. It was the same with the post patch AM set. After two games I knew it just didn't feel right and wasn't gonna get better at that level.

Bravo Josh and King. You guys are champions in my book.
Thanks for the props man...hopefully you continue feeling that way as you get more games in. But I am with you...I felt the same way when I first plugged these in for testing....it just 'clicked' (and subsequent games haven't changed my point of view). Now I think we got some solid gameplay to go with your XP sliders (which I never would've had the patience to do...so mad props to you on those!!)
Old 10-17-2016, 01:17 AM   #1890
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdub28
When you say preseason rosters, could you elaborate on that? Do you mean to use the rosters that came with the game? Sorry, I know this is probably a dumb question, but I am curious is this is why I am still having an issue with getting a pass rush. Although, I just starting a new CFM with the Browns. Converted from a 3-4 to 4-3 and the ends and tackles are not good...
When you start a franchise, it gives you an option between 75 man preseason roster and the currently loaded roster. Pick the 75 man preseason roster.

If you're doing a d-alignment change in year 1, it is going to be seriously rough for you. I'm assuming you moved Kruger and Mingo to ends and moved some of their other guys inside. In my experience though...it doesn't always work well (I did it once with Cleveland and struggled with Mingo as a down end, not so much with Kruger)...I'm a guy that favors 43 too so I have tried this a few times. The block shed and strength ratings of your converted OLBs (along with their pass rush traits) are going to be critical as to whether or not it works.

So...overalls may look OK if you converted guys (i.e. edit their positions)...but sometimes those 34OLBs don't translate well to 43DEs. Pay attention to your coach scheme too and make sure it is set up to properly reflect what you're doing.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:12 AM   #1891
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok. I like these settings. But also littlebit worried a computer pass play. I had 2 - 2 stats now and 10 int! 5 for both starting CBs. Is that normally?
Old 10-17-2016, 03:36 AM   #1892
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

You are working on the auto sub tweaks currently josh?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #1893
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Hey josh, just plugged these sliders in last night for 3 games. It seems on counters and power runs, there is always a backside player that blows up the play. This is my only problem with the cpu run game.

Technically it's good football bc if your lineman pulls your job is to follow down the line but it's happening too often and jacking up the TFL stats.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #1894
MVP

OVR: 3

Why would I delete my profile in game before starting?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #1895
Rookie

thorpedo66's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Why would I delete my profile in game before starting?
I think the biggest reason Josh recommends this is because the switch between all-madden to all-pro or vise versa. Just to make sure there's no lingering settings messing with anything, kind of a clearing the slate. Josh can correct me if i'm wrong.

NFL : DA Bears
MLB : Brewers
NBA : Bucks
College: Badgers
Old 10-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #1896
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpedo66
I think the biggest reason Josh recommends this is because the switch between all-madden to all-pro or vise versa. Just to make sure there's no lingering settings messing with anything, kind of a clearing the slate. Josh can correct me if i'm wrong.
Exactly!! Perfectly said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »