JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 238 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #1897
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
When you start a franchise, it gives you an option between 75 man preseason roster and the currently loaded roster. Pick the 75 man preseason roster.

If you're doing a d-alignment change in year 1, it is going to be seriously rough for you. I'm assuming you moved Kruger and Mingo to ends and moved some of their other guys inside. In my experience though...it doesn't always work well (I did it once with Cleveland and struggled with Mingo as a down end, not so much with Kruger)...I'm a guy that favors 43 too so I have tried this a few times. The block shed and strength ratings of your converted OLBs (along with their pass rush traits) are going to be critical as to whether or not it works.

So...overalls may look OK if you converted guys (i.e. edit their positions)...but sometimes those 34OLBs don't translate well to 43DEs. Pay attention to your coach scheme too and make sure it is set up to properly reflect what you're doing.
This! I LOVE speed rushers and try to scheme around a 4-3 with converted 3-4 pass rushers because their speed and agility is so high, but it's hard to work this because my run defense will be non-existent.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #1898
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why AP now and first AM? If u can play tight games in AM mode, after that AP is way too easy. I play olders AM settings and had 2-2 start for Browns. Haden had 5 int ja and CB Taylor had 5 int too. HB Crowell had 110 carry and 4,3 yard per carry, 5 rush td. RGIII had 62% comp and 4 td 3 int.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #1899
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi Josh,

Just to clarify. I like to use roverts updated rosters. If I start a CFM with 75 man preseason roster, is that still his roster or is that EA's. I usually choose active roster. Sorry if this has been covered before.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #1900
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfschool
Hi Josh,

Just to clarify. I like to use roverts updated rosters. If I start a CFM with 75 man preseason roster, is that still his roster or is that EA's. I usually choose active roster. Sorry if this has been covered before.
Rovert's roster is a custom roster, so the 75-man preseason roster is not Rovert's roster. The 75-man preseason roster is the stock roster that shipped with the game.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 10-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #1901
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Well got my first game in. Small sample size but all I can say is . You guys are the **** man. I don't know how you do it but damn. Game is playing like before. Ratings matter. Moves matter. Nothing feels cheap. Played so good.

I've been using Josh's sliders for a long time and even though it was one game I know he's almost got these down. It was the same with the post patch AM set. After two games I knew it just didn't feel right and wasn't gonna get better at that level.

Bravo Josh and King. You guys are champions in my book.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I endorse this opinion. (paid for blah blah blah)

I played the first game with these sliders, and the CPU pass rush is for real. You better be counting, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc.. and know your secondary receivers.

The CPU play calling is off the charts. I was getting my butt whopped with over 6 minutes left in the game and the CPU is still calling pass plays. Argh..........

Also, rained the whole game and WR's were slipping all over the place. The Packers were wearing their white jerseys and there was a ton of mud on all the uniforms.

Rodgers 61% with 3 int's,(2 of them were late game throw ups) and Bortles hit 68%.

The run game could have been better on both sides, but it was ok. The slipper conditions could have been an issue.

Ratings matter.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #1902
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Keep your CFM, but do a test one....just see if there is any clean-up. You're not the first person to mention the special teams.

Also....make sure you have KCI back on in both the MM and CFM. That was a change I made late yesterday to clean up pursuit...that could be the cause of any pursuit issues if you still have them off.
I'll have to give this a try. I was just curious if anyone else had tried and noticed a major difference before I went at it. It's also worth noting that I used current rosters when starting my current cfm as they had always played well before. I'd really prefer to use updated rosters with current transactions, so has anyone taken the time to update rosters using the original 75?
Old 10-17-2016, 04:34 PM   #1903
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I endorse this opinion. (paid for blah blah blah)

I played the first game with these sliders, and the CPU pass rush is for real. You better be counting, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc.. and know your secondary receivers.

The CPU play calling is off the charts. I was getting my butt whopped with over 6 minutes left in the game and the CPU is still calling pass plays. Argh..........

Also, rained the whole game and WR's were slipping all over the place. The Packers were wearing their white jerseys and there was a ton of mud on all the uniforms.

Rodgers 61% with 3 int's,(2 of them were late game throw ups) and Bortles hit 68%.

The run game could have been better on both sides, but it was ok. The slipper conditions could have been an issue.

Ratings matter.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
What were your slider settings? When I was playing it felt like I facing the Giants pash rush and running game. I think they have a whopping 4 scks this season. I guess it plays better on different consoles.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #1904
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
What were your slider settings? When I was playing it felt like I facing the Giants pash rush and running game. I think they have a whopping 4 scks this season. I guess it plays better on different consoles.
I follow Josh's slider settings to the number, no variations whatsoever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »