JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 244 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-19-2016, 12:25 PM   #1945
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
Hey Josh, looking forward to giving these a shot and providing some feedback. A couple of quick questions though:

-Do I need to set CPU auto-subs or playbooks?
-Since you said to not run down the clock every snap to get the proper amount of plays, what do you do at the end of games when trying to run the clock? Let it run to a certain time or just not apply the rule? Just don't want to cheat the CPU here.
-Do these mostly default sliders work because each slider effects more than is advertised? EA was notorious for this in NHL but seem to have corrected it this year by adding a TON of sliders that seem to work properly.
Thanks!
Good questions.
1. No, you can leave the CPU alone if you just want to play single-player franchise. But, if you control your CPU opponent for a given week as well, I would recommend setting their autosubs.
2. End of game, yeah, I let it go down (the CPU will too). Basically what I meant overall is to match the snap cadence of the CPU (they typically snap around 20 sec)...they don't take the clock down all the way picking their plays and making adjustments....we shouldn't either.
3. Yeah....I stick with default because no one (myself included) really knows what the gameplay sliders actually do this year. My thought process is to keep the game's 'engine' balanced and then use other settings to impact the overall gameplay. In this current set, the main menu injury slider is the big key.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #1946
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
I have been trying to set up my game exactly the way Josh has stated in the OP but am having an issue I havent encountered before.

I delete my profile and all other files for good measure. Then when I restart the game the profile is in the game again fully loaded up. All the settings are the same as before.

Any ideas what the issue might be, never had anything like it before!
Delete your profile outside the game.

I know I previously advocated just deleting in-game....but I am not confident that it does as much.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #1947
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Delete your profile outside the game.

I know I previously advocated just deleting in-game....but I am not confident that it does as much.
Noob question: (just dont slap me too hard, im eating....lol) when you say "out of game" you mean in the x-box storage itself right? Would that delete your existing CFM as well?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Old 10-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #1948
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Good questions.
1. No, you can leave the CPU alone if you just want to play single-player franchise. But, if you control your CPU opponent for a given week as well, I would recommend setting their autosubs.
Haha I'm confused, so would you recommend just setting the auto-subs then? I really don't mind having to do the whole create and retire coach thing. I also like to set their CB depth chart if they have an elite corner they would probably use to shadow my top WR (if I have one). Also, would you recommend making any formation subs to get backup RBs touches that are in a RBBC?
Old 10-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #1949
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Noob question: (just dont slap me too hard, im eating....lol) when you say "out of game" you mean in the x-box storage itself right? Would that delete your existing CFM as well?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Yes, just delete the profile file in the system menu. No, it will not delete your franchise files, those are separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
Haha I'm confused, so would you recommend just setting the auto-subs then? I really don't mind having to do the whole create and retire coach thing. I also like to set their CB depth chart if they have an elite corner they would probably use to shadow my top WR (if I have one). Also, would you recommend making any formation subs to get backup RBs touches that are in a RBBC?
If you control their coach (I.e. you have ownership of the coach/owner of your team and their team when you play the game) then you should adjust their autosubs.

Any formation/depth charts/scheme changes you make for them are entirely at your leisure.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #1950
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

If you are finding AP shockingly easy I recommend doing this....going into system files and deleting the TUNER along with your profile, reinstalling both and setting up Josh's settings (double check everything!!!!) give it a try....made a big difference for me!

Last edited by Woad23; 10-19-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #1951
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

Eager to give these a try on AP. Through three games on All-Madden I've had some mixed results.

I'm 2-1 with the Jets, the main things I've loved at the human passing game and the CPU running game. I've had really solid experiences with both. I could sense the big difference when playing against Jamaal Charles' speed as opposed to the Bengals and Jeremy Hill.

Fitzpatrick has 4 TD's and 5 INT's through three games, which is pretty much on par with real life. I threw for 426 yards and 3 TD's in my last game at KC, but the week before that he was terrible (1 TD and 3 INT's) in a loss.

I posted before about not being able to get an INT on D, I still can't. I've had a couple of pass breakups but the CPU hasn't taken many deep shots on me, only a couple, and I swatted one and got Moss'd on the other. Other than that, I've only had 1 INT but it was off a ball that plopped off the hands of a wide open Tyler Eifert.

The BIGGEST CHALLENGE for me has been the running game. I honestly don't know how people were having success running on these sliders on AM. I know the Jets don't exactly have the Cowboys' line, but I've got defenders in the backfield four out of five times I carry the ball. I mean I could post video clip after video clip where as soon as Fitzpatrick puts the ball in Powell's chest, there's 3-4 defensive lineman standing there waiting for him. Through three games Bilal Powell is averaging 2.5 YPC (Forte was lost for the season in week 1).

Again, these are on AM. Eager to try AP this week.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #1952
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Eager to give these a try on AP. Through three games on All-Madden I've had some mixed results.

I'm 2-1 with the Jets, the main things I've loved at the human passing game and the CPU running game. I've had really solid experiences with both. I could sense the big difference when playing against Jamaal Charles' speed as opposed to the Bengals and Jeremy Hill.

Fitzpatrick has 4 TD's and 5 INT's through three games, which is pretty much on par with real life. I threw for 426 yards and 3 TD's in my last game at KC, but the week before that he was terrible (1 TD and 3 INT's) in a loss.

I posted before about not being able to get an INT on D, I still can't. I've had a couple of pass breakups but the CPU hasn't taken many deep shots on me, only a couple, and I swatted one and got Moss'd on the other. Other than that, I've only had 1 INT but it was off a ball that plopped off the hands of a wide open Tyler Eifert.

The BIGGEST CHALLENGE for me has been the running game. I honestly don't know how people were having success running on these sliders on AM. I know the Jets don't exactly have the Cowboys' line, but I've got defenders in the backfield four out of five times I carry the ball. I mean I could post video clip after video clip where as soon as Fitzpatrick puts the ball in Powell's chest, there's 3-4 defensive lineman standing there waiting for him. Through three games Bilal Powell is averaging 2.5 YPC (Forte was lost for the season in week 1).

Again, these are on AM. Eager to try AP this week.
Hmm... Jets have semi-good OL like u said. Powell isnt so good RB. Maybe u read wrong opponents D? Or u need practise ur running game more. I play Browns and had Crowell 4,3 avg per carry. Longest run ...43 yrds maybe...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »