Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #1953
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukkaM
Josh u recommended pre season rosters. How about if human control only one team then computer makes lot of chances other teams. Trades, free agents etc. Do u think that chances play like custom rosters?
No...different story.

What we saw last year is that the issue that seems to happen is that when you download a roster, something happens to how the player traits work. This has a big impact on overall gameplay. It is most noticeable in line play...

You can certainly try other rosters...but I can't guarantee that they will work the same as the default.

It is your game, it is up to you....but I can't offer any support, same as I can not offer support if you make slider changes.

I will look at this in more detail at some juncture ...but not till these are finalized.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #1954
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukkaM
Josh u recommended pre season rosters. How about if human control only one team then computer makes lot of chances other teams. Trades, free agents etc. Do u think that chances play like custom rosters?
What he means is when asked at the creation point of your cfm if you want pre season 75 or custom choose preseason 75. After that it doesn't matter what transactions happen. It's still based off of the preseason 75 with zero trait/attribute/roster tweaks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2016, 06:56 PM   #1955
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok. Thx guys. I use preseason rosters anyway but makes some transactions allways when preseason starts. I try to play pretty reality rosters and not buy-sell only good rating players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #1956
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
If you are finding AP shockingly easy I recommend doing this....going into system files and deleting the TUNER along with your profile, reinstalling both and setting up Josh's settings (double check everything!!!!) give it a try....made a big difference for me!
Might have to try this. It has been too easy on All-Pro.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #1957
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Going to stream a game if anyone is looking to kill some time at work! exact OP settings.

In year 5 of my cfm, packers are 3rd passing O, 30th run...middle of the road D, so paying attention to how true to those they play.

Woad2334 on twitch
Old 10-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #1958
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Eager to give these a try on AP. Through three games on All-Madden I've had some mixed results.

I'm 2-1 with the Jets, the main things I've loved at the human passing game and the CPU running game. I've had really solid experiences with both. I could sense the big difference when playing against Jamaal Charles' speed as opposed to the Bengals and Jeremy Hill.

Fitzpatrick has 4 TD's and 5 INT's through three games, which is pretty much on par with real life. I threw for 426 yards and 3 TD's in my last game at KC, but the week before that he was terrible (1 TD and 3 INT's) in a loss.

I posted before about not being able to get an INT on D, I still can't. I've had a couple of pass breakups but the CPU hasn't taken many deep shots on me, only a couple, and I swatted one and got Moss'd on the other. Other than that, I've only had 1 INT but it was off a ball that plopped off the hands of a wide open Tyler Eifert.

The BIGGEST CHALLENGE for me has been the running game. I honestly don't know how people were having success running on these sliders on AM. I know the Jets don't exactly have the Cowboys' line, but I've got defenders in the backfield four out of five times I carry the ball. I mean I could post video clip after video clip where as soon as Fitzpatrick puts the ball in Powell's chest, there's 3-4 defensive lineman standing there waiting for him. Through three games Bilal Powell is averaging 2.5 YPC (Forte was lost for the season in week 1).

Again, these are on AM. Eager to try AP this week.
I have the same exact issues running the ball on All Pro. However, after playing a game as Dallas and rushing for 177 yards it's pretty obvious that unless you have a good O line, you will have to get creative to get your rushing yards. This is par for the course in the NFL, there aren't a lot of teams that can run the ball very well. Try setting up your runs with the pass first, running out of shotgun on 2nd or 3rd and short will give you favorable defensive fronts.

I will say that block shedding by the D linemen might be a bit overpowered right now for both the user and CPU, but weakening that might tilt the game in favor of the offense more than it is. I love the feel of defensive, lower scoring games that this set has.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:11 PM   #1959
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Is anyone else experiencing a glitch in the playcalling screens post patch?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Old 10-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #1960
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Is anyone else experiencing a glitch in the playcalling screens post patch?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Yep, for me it only seems to happen when I scroll through the 5 WR set fast.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »