JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 248 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #1977
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Just launched a brand new CFM and followed every one of the OP's instructions to the T.

As a result, had probably the single most fun and balanced game of M17 for me thus far. Hat's off to you, Josh. Like Roadman said in another thread, this probably saved the game for me.

I played week 1 of the regular season. Jaguars (me) VS Packers (CPU).

It was damn near perfect! From just this one small sample size, the only adjustment that I need to make is affecting my running game. It seemed to be slightly over powered because TE and WR were almost always maintaining their blocks through the play.

Other than that, from what I've seen so far...this is just PERFECT!! Can't wait to test out more - I'll report my findings.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #1978
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Glad you have enjoyed these so far. The biggest difference I find between preseason and reg season is that there is a little less aggression by the defense, but especially in the lineplay (i.e. they play with less intensity...which makes sense if you think about it...it's just preseason after all ). This jives with your concerns of pass rush and YPC....but you're also correct in wanting to look at the ratings/matchups to see if they make sense. From what we've seen, the line ratings really do make a difference with this setup.
I agree 100% with the line ratings. Or the ratings making a difference in general. You can really tell the difference in how good players are in preseason between say a 78 ovr guy and a 70 ovr guy. Guys miss blocks and CB can't keep up etc. It's really more open for sure. But once you get to the regular season things tighten up a lot. The difference between starters isn't huge and it's a tough battle. But your stud players (JJ Watt, Brandon Cooks (97 ovr now), etc) still really stand out. I was playing the Texans and Watt was going against my 81 Ovr G who is pretty good but looked like a little bitch against him lol. He was breaking blocks, using moves, and just creating havoc in general. It was really great to see. Against similar rated players it's a crap shoot on who wins and against lower rated guys my G can dominate. I love it. I feel like I'm just a cheerleader right now but like I said this might be the most fun I've ever had playing Madden and I've been playing since 1990 (ya I'm old lol).

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #1979
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Just want to chime in again about how great these sliders are. My god I am having the greatest time in Madden I think ever. No joke guys. Just started Season 4 of my Saints cfm. Went undefeated in the preseason (I think my depth is solid) but am now sitting at 1-2 to start the season.

Lost my 1st game 33-24 to a very solid Jags team. Threw 2 late picks to seal the deal on that one.

2nd game was a back and forth vs 49ers that I barely pulled out 17-15. My starting QB and my starting HB (AP) got hurt and my backup QB was hurt during the preseason so I was running with Butt Fumble Sanchez at QB lol.

Before my 3rd game I made a trade for an aging Jay Cutler because the FA pickings were horrid. This one was tough. Playing a still very solid Seahawks team I lost on a 50 yard FG as time expired. So heartbreaking. On a plus note my backup HB, who I had drafted in the 4th rd the previous year, is playing very well and I may have my HB of the future already. Also Cutler did Cutler things. 300+ yds, 3 tds, 2 ints lol.

Bottom line for me these things are so fun and realistic. Thanks again Josh and King.
Just another update on my season, I was able to pull out a 17-16 win vs the Falcons when they missed a FG as time expired. Redemption from my last game. Not sure my nerves can take much more of this lol. Sitting at 2-2 now.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:40 PM   #1980
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Just launched a brand new CFM and followed every one of the OP's instructions to the T.

As a result, had probably the single most fun and balanced game of M17 for me thus far. Hat's off to you, Josh. Like Roadman said in another thread, this probably saved the game for me.

I played week 1 of the regular season. Jaguars (me) VS Packers (CPU).

It was damn near perfect! From just this one small sample size, the only adjustment that I need to make is affecting my running game. It seemed to be slightly over powered because TE and WR were almost always maintaining their blocks through the play.

Other than that, from what I've seen so far...this is just PERFECT!! Can't wait to test out more - I'll report my findings.
The te/wr block thing has been annoying me too....I think it depends on matchups to a degree as well.

But....while I can adjust one or two sliders to clean it up, I'm hesitant because when I've done so, it has started to jack the lineplay.

See if it varies game to game and let me know.

Tdawg, you have probably played more with the op than I have...do you have any observations on this?
Old 10-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #1981
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
The te/wr block thing has been annoying me too....I think it depends on matchups to a degree as well.

But....while I can adjust one or two sliders to clean it up, I'm hesitant because when I've done so, it has started to jack the lineplay.

See if it varies game to game and let me know.

Tdawg, you have probably played more with the op than I have...do you have any observations on this?
It doesn't really seem overpowered to me. Matchups seem to really be the key component. I see a lot more just getting in the way then blocks being held. I do have a really good run blocking TE, who I use as my starting FB and 2nd TE, who can seal an edge very well and I also play with formation subs to get my best blockers in on my running formations so I might not be as objective here. WR blocking seems good as well. Again more getting in the way then anything else. I am not able to run at will with these at all. I have good and bad games.

With all that said I really think this may be as good as it can get in Madden (regarding line play and blocking). It's the most organic I've every seen and I love it. Is it what we see on Sundays? No, but as far as video games go it's great. Obviously Josh and King know how to try certain tweaks that may improve things some but I have no issues with what I'm seeing.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #1982
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It doesn't really seem overpowered to me. Matchups seem to really be the key component. I see a lot more just getting in the way then blocks being held. I do have a really good run blocking TE, who I use as my starting FB and 2nd TE, who can seal an edge very well and I also play with formation subs to get my best blockers in on my running formations so I might not be as objective here. WR blocking seems good as well. Again more getting in the way then anything else. I am not able to run at will with these at all. I have good and bad games.

With all that said I really think this may be as good as it can get in Madden (regarding line play and blocking). It's the most organic I've every seen and I love it. Is it what we see on Sundays? No, but as far as video games go it's great. Obviously Josh and King know how to try certain tweaks that may improve things some but I have no issues with what I'm seeing.
Thanks for the writeup bud. That jives with what I have seen too...but I have so many different test combos that I just haven't settled into a long term spell with the actual op set.

I'm at the point now where I am just going to lock things down and move forward with these.

Now for me to decide what team to roll with...
Old 10-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #1983
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the writeup bud. That jives with what I have seen too...but I have so many different test combos that I just haven't settled into a long term spell with the actual op set.

I'm at the point now where I am just going to lock things down and move forward with these.

Now for me to decide what team to roll with...
Always the hardest part. What team lol. I'm actually about to start my offline cfm (I always do 2 cfms a year) and am in the same delimma. I usually always roll with my Chargers in this one but I'm not sure. I think I might go through the first season and scout but sim the season and not actively control a team. Then go with a top 5 bad team. I don't know. Maybe I'll do that and just roll with the Chargers. So many possibilities lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Old 10-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #1984
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played a handful of games with these sliders and have seen plenty of variety. Really enjoyed these more than any other sliders I have tried.

My only real concern, and Im not sure it is the sliders doing, is the cpu opponent is a real handful for the first quarter and a half but then wears down throughout the game to the point where I am gashing them for most of the second half. Has to do with the cpu's fatigue which is possibly caused by their lack of autosubs settings I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »