Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #2025
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I don't understand this thread. 254 pages and the end result is "just set everything to 50".

What am I missing here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #2026
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
I don't understand this thread. 254 pages and the end result is "just set everything to 50".

What am I missing here?
I'm with you man. The first few times I read the OP I was scratching my head.

I was like...surely I missed something here.

But then the more I researched the idea, the more I realized...the farther we take the game away from Default with sliders...the more messed up it plays.

With this set, QBA is set to 50...and robo QB is GONE for me if I set their traits correctly. Like...I'm seeing 50-65% games from the CPU.

The key is just to follow every single step to the letter in the OP. Just TRY it.

This set saved the game for me. I was so fed up - I was DONE with Madden. I just did this on a lark.

And am so so so glad I did.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #2027
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Hmm, I don't know. I just played a game with them. I felt the game was very easy and I still managed to lose 44-46. Inwas the Lions at the Colts and my first two offensive plays were a 78yd td run and a 67yd td off a screen pass. I'd stuffed Gore for the first 20 carries but as soon as they went three scores down he peels off a ridiculous 70 yd td. Again I score another long td run and so Dwayne Allen turns into the fastest player ever to have played the game and streaks through my secondary on a fly route for a td. I also managed to throw 4 INTs (3 of which bounced up out of my receivers hands - two went for TDs (including a 92 yd one). On the whole the game felt very open and was fun enough but just very Maddeny and unrealistic.

Both teams had between 460-470 total offense - possession time was very even and there were just 4 penalties.
Luck went 18/24 327yds and 3tds despite Hilton, Moncrief and Dorsett catching a total of 5 passes.
My RB had 229 yds on 23 carries and Gore had 179 off 23.
There were a huge amount of tackles by D linemen (18 by the Colts and 19 by mine) which told the story really that plays were very boom or bust either being stopped straight away or going for big gains. There were 6 sacks (4 for me, 2 for them). I forced 4 fumbles and returned 2 for TDs.

I feel that Madden is always on a rubber band. The easier it is, the more the AI will ensure it scores a ton on you in return. When it's hard, the AI often keeps the game low scoring and close. I have to say that I'm pretty much at that stage of giving up on Madden once again for yet another year.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:54 PM   #2028
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

What am I missing here?
The main points are that A) The game plays best at default settings because every single gameplay slider affects the gameplay in many ways, and B) The play now sliders affect franchise mode gameplay. The play now injury slider at 75 has a huge affect on the aggressiveness of the CPU players in franchise mode.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #2029
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
The main points are that A) The game plays best at default settings because every single gameplay slider affects the gameplay in many ways, and B) The play now sliders affect franchise mode gameplay. The play now injury slider at 75 has a huge affect on the aggressiveness of the CPU players in franchise mode.
That's interesting. So anyone who has a set of sliders saved will have them automatically loaded when the game starts and that will effect their franchise game? Jesus, that's ridiculous.

I'd disagree when you say that the game plays best at default. Well it's subjective of course but these aren't near the best slider imo
Old 10-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #2030
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
That's interesting. So anyone who has a set of sliders saved will have them automatically loaded when the game starts and that will effect their franchise game? Jesus, that's ridiculous.

I'd disagree when you say that the game plays best at default. Well it's subjective of course but these aren't near the best slider imo
Good point, I guess it's better to say that the game was designed around default sliders and the engine goes out of whack when sliders are messed with. For example, lower CPU accuracy and every CPU QB will dink and dunk no matter what their rating is. Other slider sets can give great games, but I think player ratings are most apparent at default.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #2031
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
so...I'm going to give these a try simply because im curious...

but looking at them....is it safe to say these are just default all pro with a fatigue adjustment and 1 penalty change??...
Yeah, more or less. But turning off the assists and setting autosubs globally to 60/80 are also critical in getting the proper gameplay.

Quote:

What am I missing here?
Not everything. The 75 MM fatigue, assists being turned off, and the use of 60/80 subs are all critical contrbutors.

Quote:
Well, from your other post, you may have something set up incorrectly. You really should run these after deleting your profile and tuner. Then, restart the game, re-install the tuner. Set up your sliders and then run a franchise with the default pre-season rosters.

Every single setting and value I have listed matters...one thing can really throw it out-of-whack. So, you really want to double-check and triple check everything. Even simply having the assists on can really mess it up.

These won't be for everyone....but I do think they give the best ratings-based experience that the game has to offer...and without de-balancing the game. Ratings matter too, so every game will play differently. Hope this helps a bit....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #2032
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

U mean 75 injury? Thats what OP says

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »