JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 256 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #2041
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I admittedly didn't read through the whole thread so maybe it's in here, but how do you guys combat the CPU running cover 1 press and getting easily destroyed with the deep ball. House rules?
*I'm posting this exact same question in other threads, to get different opinions. So if you see it posted multiple times, that's why. Not spamming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 10-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #2042
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
I admittedly didn't read through the whole thread so maybe it's in here, but how do you guys combat the CPU running cover 1 press and getting easily destroyed with the deep ball. House rules?
*I'm posting this exact same question in other threads, to get different opinions. So if you see it posted multiple times, that's why. Not spamming.

I personally think if you can recognize that it's cover one M2M then take the shot. It's not like it's an automatic completion cause Iv been picked and swated multiple times by doing it. With that said I don't use HB screens and if I do its no more then twice a game. That's the OP play in my opinion
Old 10-27-2016, 09:51 PM   #2043
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
I personally think if you can recognize that it's cover one M2M then take the shot. It's not like it's an automatic completion cause Iv been picked and swated multiple times by doing it. With that said I don't use HB screens and if I do its no more then twice a game. That's the OP play in my opinion

The reason I asked if any sliders helped is we have a player that was able to get Will Fuller 2200yds and 29td in 10 games. When Fuller was hurt they literally took a 66ovr/96spd receiver off the street and got him 450yds and 9tds on 9 catches. We'd like to not have to move up to AM because that introduces a whole new can of worms, but at this point I don't think we really have another option.

2020: 52-39
Old 10-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #2044
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
The reason I asked if any sliders helped is we have a player that was able to get Will Fuller 2200yds and 29td in 10 games. When Fuller was hurt they literally took a 66ovr/96spd receiver off the street and got him 450yds and 9tds on 9 catches. We'd like to not have to move up to AM because that introduces a whole new can of worms, but at this point I don't think we really have another option.

Or you can boot that cheeser from the league. Your call though.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #2045
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

Hmm, reaaaaaally liking these on AP, the ONLY gripe for me is the CPU passing game. I don't feel like the CPU uses its weapons at WR at all on these sliders. I've played three games with the Saints and I've pretty effectively shut down Amari Cooper/OBJ/Julio Jones in my first three games, while not really doing much of anything out of the ordinary on defense. I'm mostly playing zone to make up for the fact that my secondary is poor, but the QB's never seem to take shots to elite WR's.

In fact, through three games I haven't even given up a TD to a WR. I've given up 5 TD passes, all of them to TE's.

I can post exact stats when I get home, but I'll play a few more games first. Right now though, even with a really bad Saints D, it seems like elite WR's are no threat. That wasn't the case with me for these sliders in the previous AM version.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 10-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #2046
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Hmm, reaaaaaally liking these on AP, the ONLY gripe for me is the CPU passing game. I don't feel like the CPU uses its weapons at WR at all on these sliders. I've played three games with the Saints and I've pretty effectively shut down Amari Cooper/OBJ/Julio Jones in my first three games, while not really doing much of anything out of the ordinary on defense. I'm mostly playing zone to make up for the fact that my secondary is poor, but the QB's never seem to take shots to elite WR's.

In fact, through three games I haven't even given up a TD to a WR. I've given up 5 TD passes, all of them to TE's.

I can post exact stats when I get home, but I'll play a few more games first. Right now though, even with a really bad Saints D, it seems like elite WR's are no threat. That wasn't the case with me for these sliders in the previous AM version.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Can you double check and make sure ballhawk is turned off? That is crucial for inducing them to throw deep.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #2047
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Can you double check and make sure ballhawk is turned off? That is crucial for inducing them to throw deep.
I'll check on that when I get home, play another game or two and report back with some stats and thoughts. I will say I have seen a few deep throws, although not as much as I was before on AM, but I guess the main thing is I don't see a concerted effort to get the ball to playmakers. Julio Jones had 1 catch on 1 target in the last game I played. They actually hit a deep throw to Mohamed Sanu when I accidently predicted play run instead of play pass. I think Beckham had 3 catches on a couple of short routes in the previous game, but I'll check for sure later.

Last edited by Jim Jones; 10-28-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #2048
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Did anyone else get a prompt to download a new tuner today or recently?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »