JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 259 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-30-2016, 03:13 AM   #2065
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Ok so wow.. I was so giddy to get to my phone and post this message. i've been hating how automatic field goals are and how boring punts are, especially as a coach mode player. So I did something interesting and decided to do a house rule when kicking the ball to never have power and only use accuracy meter (let the power meter hit the top without clicking x) in doing so this led to a very short cakes and field goals so to compensate I went and jacked up kick power on power and field goal power all the way to 100.

IN DOING SO, the game came ALIVE. I am using every setting as listed on OP but just the 3 100 values I stated above.

I am seeing amazing like interaction, db's attacking the ball in the air for deflections, running backs cutting back and finding holes, OH and CPU qb's finally scrambling on their own!
I'm guessing those 3 values are for human sliders only?
Old 10-30-2016, 03:36 AM   #2066
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I just tested a couple of games but with all five special teams sliders at 100 for both CPU and User in the Main Menu (all default in CFM). Definitely an impact (and no fsu...not a placebo....ST sliders had an impact on M16 and NCAA 14 as well..and likely others, but those are the only two games I tested and verified).

Saw some good and bad; I don't think jacking all 5 to 100 is viable with this set. Going to continue testing this some more....I most intrigued by the FGA slider as I believe that one has a definite impact on QB play.

And to answer the inevitable questions....the Main Menu ST sliders have no impact on the actual kicking game within CFM.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-30-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:10 AM   #2067
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

OVR: 0

A couple of questions for anyone who has tried these:

1) How are they compared to Armor and Swords? I have played with those recently, but I am finding them a bit easy.

2) Any recommended house rules? No user catch etc.

3) How do they play with the latest tuner?

4) What are the "weak points" of this set?

5) How do they play with the latest EA rosters?

Last edited by MrDemus; 10-30-2016 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:35 AM   #2068
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I just tested a couple of games but with all five special teams sliders at 100 for both CPU and User in the Main Menu (all default in CFM). Definitely an impact (and no fsu...not a placebo....ST sliders had an impact on M16 and NCAA 14 as well..and likely others, but those are the only two games I tested and verified).

Saw some good and bad; I don't think jacking all 5 to 100 is viable with this set. Going to continue testing this some more....I most intrigued by the FGA slider as I believe that one has a definite impact on QB play.

And to answer the inevitable questions....the Main Menu ST sliders have no impact on the actual kicking game within CFM.
I can't help but laugh at this point. How in the world can the kicking sliders have a major impact on gameplay completely unrelated to kicking? Lol. Not doubting the finding at all but simply amazed how screwed up this game is relative to all of the intricacies within all the game options. . Chasing realistic game play is virtually impossible with all the slider, MM vs CFM settings, injuries, autonsubs, on and on and on. What a coded mess. I suspect that if on a cloudy Tuesday, after eating yogurt for breakfast, going for a run, wearing my favorite jeans, and dealing with a slight cold might just lead to perfect gameplay! . Thanks for all the testing and work you all put in to searching for the holy grail. I'd be lost without all your findings and guidance.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #2069
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
A couple of questions for anyone who has tried these:

1) How are they compared to Armor and Swords? I have played with those recently, but I am finding them a bit easy.

2) Any recommended house rules? No user catch etc.

3) How do they play with the latest tuner?

4) What are the "weak points" of this set?

5) How do they play with the latest EA rosters?
1. You'll have to answer that yourself
2. No house rules but to play realistically
3. Perfectly fine
4. A tad light on the subs, but you can use formation subs.
5. You are doing yourself a disservice if you use the latest rosters...the default preseason rosters play much better no matter what slider set you use
Old 10-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #2070
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I can't help but laugh at this point. How in the world can the kicking sliders have a major impact on gameplay completely unrelated to kicking? Lol. Not doubting the finding at all but simply amazed how screwed up this game is relative to all of the intricacies within all the game options. . Chasing realistic game play is virtually impossible with all the slider, MM vs CFM settings, injuries, autonsubs, on and on and on. What a coded mess. I suspect that if on a cloudy Tuesday, after eating yogurt for breakfast, going for a run, wearing my favorite jeans, and dealing with a slight cold might just lead to perfect gameplay! . Thanks for all the testing and work you all put in to searching for the holy grail. I'd be lost without all your findings and guidance.
LOL...I know...and the gameplay sliders are even worse this year...no way would I ever touch them.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:08 AM   #2071
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
1. You'll have to answer that yourself
2. No house rules but to play realistically
3. Perfectly fine
4. A tad light on the subs, but you can use formation subs.
5. You are doing yourself a disservice if you use the latest rosters...the default preseason rosters play much better no matter what slider set you use
Cheers. Just played my first game with these.
I used an existing franchise with the Jets (3-4) vs. Browns (0-7)
It was a slugfest ending 39-36 to me.
I liked what I saw for the most part. Both QB's had pretty good games (maybe due to a couple of big plays) as did both starting RB's (again, both had 1 or 2 huge plays, that may have had too much impact on overall numbers)
Old 10-31-2016, 12:02 PM   #2072
Rookie

Pretty good settings. Almost realistic games. Only problem is injuries. I was try 3 different seasons 3 different teams. Only injuries was a QBs. Every season my starter QB had some 2-4 weeks injury. Every other position players can take lot of hits and nothing happens. Comp sim lot of injuries other teams but my guys is a like "supermen".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »