JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 265 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #2113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
While that could be said in real life I think it would be considered cheese in Madden. No judging form me here. Just my take on how you explained it.
Yeah I know what you mean. If the cpu would learn after getting burnt and give deep help it would be more fair but they seem to play call on a pattern without a whole lot of reason. That being said if I try go deep with one on one coverage and I don't have a step on the db it often ends as pick.

The only reason Im torn on it is it is dependent on circumstance, its not a given at all times.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:27 PM   #2114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I don't think it's cheese bc that's what he does. I do think it's an exploit as the cpu calls cover zero way too much. I just try to limit my deep shots when I see cover zero.
That is how I feel about it too. How many deep shots do you try limit yourself to in a game against cover 0?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:00 AM   #2115
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
It just feels too easy at times is all. What do you think, fair or cheese?
Yea....but ultimately it comes down to what you want our of your game experience. Like I still play no-switch about 80-90% of the time on defense (100% no user catch on offense too). So I guess in my experience, something like that working out depends heavily on the players involved in the play, and not me at all once I let go of the ball.

I'd say I feel the same as what Tdawg said. And honestly if it feels cheap, it is
Old 11-02-2016, 12:03 AM   #2116
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

And it does suck how much press and Cover 1 and crap they play, it's WAY more than what would make sense (especially if your cooking them on it....)

I really don't pick "plays" as I do a concept. Of just about every down, distance, situation and score I know what concept I'd like to run against the defense that I anticipate I will see. So the "money play" usually passes me by haha.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:07 AM   #2117
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

I will try out the special teams settings when I get home from work
Old 11-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #2118
Rookie

OVR: 4

That's one thing I hate about Madden and a big thing holding the CPU back IMO. Play calling. Defensively, they have some terrible play calls, like consistently calling cover 1 or cover 0 despite being burnt multiple times already. Or calling the same safety blitz every second series where you can see it coming and expose that. Offensively as well, they're just not aggressive enough. They don't have that killer instinct. I wish teams with good QB's would come out in shotgun formation to open the game and sling the ball around. Instead, they're persistent on having a run game even if it's getting stuffed. Taking deep shots as well and giving their star receiver a chance with lots of targets. Even in 1 on 1 coverage they don't test you nearly enough. If we could get the CPU to be smarter in their play calls and be more aggressive offensively, I'd love this game even more. I just wish the AI was better. When I play, I feel the majority of my success comes from selecting the right plays, making the right decisions, recognizing plays and making adjustments, etc. I'm a sim player 100%. Don't have any money plays, use my entire playbook, mix up my play calls and only call the same play maybe 2-3 times tops per game (at most). I just wish the CPU would make the same smart decisions I do and know when to be aggressive and when to take what's given. If I come out in a cover 0 with a bad CB matched 1 on 1 with Julio for example, I wish they would audible or hot route him to a streak and really take advantage. Instead, they'll just blindly run the ball against my stacked box, and to the wrong side as well. *sigh*

Last edited by TheWood56; 11-02-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #2119
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
That's one thing I hate about Madden and a big thing holding the CPU back IMO. Play calling. Defensively, they have some terrible play calls, like consistently calling cover 1 or cover 0 despite being burnt multiple times already. Or calling the same safety blitz every second series where you can see it coming and expose that. Offensively as well, they're just not aggressive enough. They don't have that killer instinct. I wish teams with good QB's would come out in shotgun formation to open the game and sling the ball around. Instead, they're persistent on having a run game even if it's getting stuffed. Taking deep shots as well and giving their star receiver a chance with lots of targets. Even in 1 on 1 coverage they don't test you nearly enough. If we could get the CPU to be smarter in their play calls and be more aggressive offensively, I'd love this game even more. I just wish the AI was better. When I play, I feel the majority of my success comes from selecting the right plays, making the right decisions, recognizing plays and making adjustments, etc. I'm a sim player 100%. Don't have any money plays, use my entire playbook, mix up my play calls and only call the same play maybe 2-3 times tops per game (at most). I just wish the CPU would make the same smart decisions I do and know when to be aggressive and when to take what's given. If I come out in a cover 0 with a bad CB matched 1 on 1 with Julio for example, I wish they would audible or hot route him to a streak and really take advantage. Instead, they'll just blindly run the ball against my stacked box, and to the wrong side as well. *sigh*
Last few games I've played, (1.5) to be exact, with the new sliders, I've had Manning burn me with a play action bomb to Beckum who beat the coverage by a few steps and tackled at the 1. I've had Romo try to go deep with Dez with one on one coverage with Sheilds in coverage and Dez dropping the ball.

Before these last settings, I would generally agree with you about the play calling. It needs to broaden in the future.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #2120
MVP

OVR: 1

i played with fgp 100 in mm before i saw the fga move. it was the sb, 15-1 Texans 94 team ovr vs my 15-1 9ers 96 team ovr. wentz 87 ovr vs my 87 ovr qb. only difference really between them is my qb pocket passer with ideal sense pressure, conservative force pass, throw away, clutch ie all the traits i value. dont know about wentz.

close game, couldnt run at first, they went 10-0 up and i had three 3 and out drives. before the half i managed to go 10-13 up but they levelled with 2 min drill and got a fg, so a tie at the half. their dline were not pressuring my qb, but then again i had the best oline in the league and i use short passes and movement in conjunction with a usually decent run game. their secondary played well. i managed to pressure wentz, he was sacked 3 times and threw away when he had time.

cant remember the second half except it was close enough that they had a chance to win in the last 2 mins. luckily a couple of decent runs gave me field position as my oline i manually rotated to provide fresh legs. i have 10 oline on roster and all are solid.

i won 28-34 iirc. enjoyable game and i was nervous i wouldnt win. ie exactly what i want from the game

will try fga100 as well as soon as

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »