JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 267 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2016, 04:12 AM   #2129
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Napier , New Zealand
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I have played several games now with the FGP and FGA moved to 100 and have found it a real mixed bag.

Most of the games turn into offensive explosions. I have been averaging 500 yds/ gm with the 49ers, and that isnt about the quality of my team! I think moving these sliders affects the pursuit/ angles of the defense because I am finding it really easy to turn short passes into long touchdowns. Seeing the defense make some really awkward attempts at tackling. My D is doing okay but I am getting a lot more picks, averaging about 3 per game with the 49ers crappy D.

The main positive point is cpu QBs throw a wider variety of passes and accuracy ratings really shine a lot more. Also have seen the cpu miss a few field goals which is nice.

A few weird, perhaps unrelated side affects have been an increase in injuries to my team. I am losing about 2-3 players to injury per game. The cpu not quite as much but still a few here or there. Have also seen a few extreme cases of fumbling, including 8 in one game for me.

Overall I want to really like the field goal settings at 100 but the crazy yard totals and glitchy tackling takes more away from the game than the positives add. Maybe there is a happy medium somewhere a little lower on the field goal sliders.
paulb1976 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #2130
Rookie
 
tosa's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Sep 2003
Blog Entries: 18
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
I have played several games now with the FGP and FGA moved to 100 and have found it a real mixed bag.

Most of the games turn into offensive explosions. I have been averaging 500 yds/ gm with the 49ers, and that isnt about the quality of my team! I think moving these sliders affects the pursuit/ angles of the defense because I am finding it really easy to turn short passes into long touchdowns. Seeing the defense make some really awkward attempts at tackling. My D is doing okay but I am getting a lot more picks, averaging about 3 per game with the 49ers crappy D.

The main positive point is cpu QBs throw a wider variety of passes and accuracy ratings really shine a lot more. Also have seen the cpu miss a few field goals which is nice.

A few weird, perhaps unrelated side affects have been an increase in injuries to my team. I am losing about 2-3 players to injury per game. The cpu not quite as much but still a few here or there. Have also seen a few extreme cases of fumbling, including 8 in one game for me.

Overall I want to really like the field goal settings at 100 but the crazy yard totals and glitchy tackling takes more away from the game than the positives add. Maybe there is a happy medium somewhere a little lower on the field goal sliders.
I made a few adjustments and like what I am seeing for the most part.

FGA- 50
At this setting the pass rush is awesome. Blitzes offer very little time in the pocket as any players that are not accounted for will get to the QB quickly, which is how it should be. at 100 the blocking is too good I think, leaving the QB too long to find an open receiver.

FGP- 100
Makes the passing game look and feel much better in my opinion, QBs move around when they feel pressure.

PP- 85
As Josh said before, this is a defensive pursuit modifier of some sort. At 100 it is a little wonky but at 85 it looks better to me. The running game is tough at times but there is still the ability to gain yards if the blocking is there. What I like about it is you don't get huge holes that lead to automatic 5 yard gains, 4th and inches can be scary due to defensive pursuit.
WORK IN PROGRESS

KOP- 85
I like the coverage a little tighter, QBs still complete passes and will challenge downfield but not every play. I like the feeling that if the blocking is good on a certain play, the defense will have a hard time defending the pass.
WORK IN PROGRESS

Last edited by tosa; 11-03-2016 at 07:42 AM.
tosa is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #2131
Pro
 
tyler28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
I made a few adjustments and like what I am seeing for the most part.

FGA- 50
At this setting the pass rush is awesome. Blitzes offer very little time in the pocket as any players that are not accounted for will get to the QB quickly, which is how it should be. at 100 the blocking is too good I think, leaving the QB too long to find an open receiver.

FGP- 100
Makes the passing game look and feel much better in my opinion, QBs move around when they feel pressure.

PP- 85
As Josh said before, this is a defensive pursuit modifier of some sort. At 100 it is a little wonky but at 85 it looks better to me. The running game is tough at times but there is still the ability to gain yards if the blocking is there. What I like about it is you don't get huge holes that lead to automatic 5 yard gains, 4th and inches can be scary due to defensive pursuit.
WORK IN PROGRESS

KOP- 85
I like the coverage a little tighter, QBs still complete passes and will challenge downfield but not every play. I like the feeling that if the blocking is good on a certain play, the defense will have a hard time defending the pass.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Just curious why you left fga at 50 and your seeing all those gameplay changes. In theroy those gameplay affects should already have been there because it was already at 50 before we started testing at 100.

What makes 50 better now? Is it adjusting the other sliders? Just curious..because i have it at 100 and it plays great and i wasnt seeing anything like your seeing before i changed from 50.



Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
tyler28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #2132
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
I made a few adjustments and like what I am seeing for the most part.

FGA- 50
At this setting the pass rush is awesome. Blitzes offer very little time in the pocket as any players that are not accounted for will get to the QB quickly, which is how it should be. at 100 the blocking is too good I think, leaving the QB too long to find an open receiver.

FGP- 100
Makes the passing game look and feel much better in my opinion, QBs move around when they feel pressure.

PP- 85
As Josh said before, this is a defensive pursuit modifier of some sort. At 100 it is a little wonky but at 85 it looks better to me. The running game is tough at times but there is still the ability to gain yards if the blocking is there. What I like about it is you don't get huge holes that lead to automatic 5 yard gains, 4th and inches can be scary due to defensive pursuit.
WORK IN PROGRESS

KOP- 85
I like the coverage a little tighter, QBs still complete passes and will challenge downfield but not every play. I like the feeling that if the blocking is good on a certain play, the defense will have a hard time defending the pass.
WORK IN PROGRESS
You're not too far off where my head is. I was using KOP at 75 and the reactions looked enhanced, but still realistic. I also agree with trying to drop FGA to 50...the line blocking was so good at 100, even with the enhanced PP (my issue though was more in the run game being overpowered than the rush). My question is whether you are still seeing the offline passes when you have FGA dropped back to default?

Personally, I'm pretty much sold on FGP at 100 and KOP at 75. The one thing for the base that I want to do is find a good PP setting that works relative to keeping FGA at 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Just curious why you left fga at 50 and your seeing all those gameplay changes. In theroy those gameplay affects should already have been there because it was already at 50 before we started testing at 100.

What makes 50 better now? Is it adjusting the other sliders? Just curious..because i have it at 100 and it plays great and i wasnt seeing anything like your seeing before i changed from 50.
PP enhances the pass rush as well, while FGA affects the effectiveness of the blocking. With a higher PP, you're going to see a better rush. As I said earlier in this post, my biggest issue with 100 FGA is that the run game can somewhat over-powered as blocking is almost too perfect.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #2133
Pro
 
tyler28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Gotcha...so what are you running with atm?


Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
tyler28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #2134
Pro
 
tyler28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Im going to test what you are running on am all default. Im finding that since ive changed the st sliders im going closer to all default as i test it.

I dropped coverage from 90 to 45 on cpu side just for an example and 50 may be where i end up w all of them.

Its crazy that changing this has changed so much. The ai d is so much better (in a good way)

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
tyler28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #2135
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Im going to test what you are running on am all default. Im finding that since ive changed the st sliders im going closer to all default as i test it.

I dropped coverage from 90 to 45 on cpu side just for an example and 50 may be where i end up w all of them.

Its crazy that changing this has changed so much. The ai d is so much better (in a good way)

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Honestly, I would just go all default and work your way from there.

This is where my head is:

FGP:100
FGA: 50
PP:50-75 (not sure yet..I would favor the high end on am though)
PA: 50
KOP:75
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #2136
Pro
 
tyler28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Nice! Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
tyler28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Top -