Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #209
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It works well, even on Play the Moments (slow) cpu v cpu mode. The biggest things are the fumbles, the false starts (atleast for me), and the fatigue.

Currently I have:

- All Pro on Normal speed, 9 min quarters no runoff
- All gameplay sliders at 50 user / 50 cpu except:
- Fumbles at 51 user / 51 cpu (this helps with QB sack fumbles)

- Penalty sliders are:
  • Offsides 60
  • False Start 45
  • Holding 40
  • Defensive Holding 60
  • Defensive Pass Interference 60
  • The rest all default 50

- Injuries are 50 main menu / 50 cfm

- Fatigue is 50 main menu / 60 cfm
I will take a look at those penalty sliders...I did something similar (but not with the lower holding) and it really lead to some vacuum blocking. You setting them the same in both the main menu and CFM?
Old 08-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Elton John
I have seen that auto-subs effect sim stats. I honestly think they should be left at default. I may be wrong.

In which way did they effect the sim stats?
And how do you figured it out?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 02:09 PM   #211
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I will take a look at those penalty sliders...I did something similar (but not with the lower holding) and it really lead to some vacuum blocking. You setting them the same in both the main menu and CFM?
Yea penalties are set the same in both main menu and CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #212
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yup....nailed it. I really didn't want to go there. But just like when the game came out last year, this is the fix.

OP updated to reflect Holding at 20 MM, and 20 CFM. (I'll re-evaluate when the patch comes out)

Edit: turned ballhawk and heatseeker off to clean up some warping.
Josh, while outside runs are ridiculously overpowered (my HB is averaging almost 150 yards a game so far), the CPU seems to struggle with inside runs. So far in Coach Mode, running is feast or famine, depending on play calling for the CPU. But with moving Holding to 20, even if it fixes the outside run issue, are you seeing it make inside runs worse? Or have sacks gone up? I'm still finishing up my own testing on a different set, but before I tried your latest one, I was curious to know what you're seeing with Holding = 20 for the run game overall.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #213
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
In which way did they effect the sim stats?
And how do you figured it out?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
It seems to spread out HB carries and can be shown in simmed seasons.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #214
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, while outside runs are ridiculously overpowered (my HB is averaging almost 150 yards a game so far), the CPU seems to struggle with inside runs. So far in Coach Mode, running is feast or famine, depending on play calling for the CPU. But with moving Holding to 20, even if it fixes the outside run issue, are you seeing it make inside runs worse? Or have sacks gone up? I'm still finishing up my own testing on a different set, but before I tried your latest one, I was curious to know what you're seeing with Holding = 20 for the run game overall.
All good questions, but I am still at work. I started playing around with some other unposted tweaks last night to bump up defense a bit more but needed to get to bed. I want to do an extended madden session tonight, so, before you do anything else, maybe wait until I post my next update.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:21 PM   #215
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
All good questions, but I am still at work. I started playing around with some other unposted tweaks last night to bump up defense a bit more but needed to get to bed. I want to do an extended madden session tonight, so, before you do anything else, maybe wait until I post my next update.

Hey josh! I just picked up madden today! I am looking to plug these in soon and get to playing and seeing how it goes. Curious is what are you exactly testing right now? Also are you streaming tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 05:39 PM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 6

Josh, I think you did this, but I cannot seem to find it. Can you post a breakdown of what each penalty slider affects in relation to game play? Do you remember where that breakdown is, in case there are newer players that think we might be off our rockers for thinking penalties affect game play?
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »