JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 276 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-15-2016, 01:25 PM   #2201
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Been trying out the theory that the game plays better the closer to default the settings are. Playing with injuries set to 50, all penalties default, autosubs all 60-80 and sliders all default. The best games I have had in a while. Ratings really shining through in several games, even seeing a range of injuries and a few penalties and no robo qb.Default looks to be a winner for me.
How is HUM and CPU pass accuracy? Any missed throws? How abut run blocking and pass coverage for both?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #2202
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
What's the downside about main menu injury slider at 10? What negative effects does it have?
It was said already, but the big key is just a lack of effort. This is anthropromorphizing a bit, but with Injuries at 10, it's like players are 'scared' and avoid injuries by avoiding contact. Line interactions are muted, coverage is loose, RBs don't run with authority, etc.

Now, setting it to 75 seems to rectify those issues, but I have had concerns about it being so high that it could be causing things to go a bit wonky from a fatigue perspective. As shown below, I've been exploring setting this to 50 as well...it's been more balanced overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Been trying out the theory that the game plays better the closer to default the settings are. Playing with injuries set to 50, all penalties default, autosubs all 60-80 and sliders all default. The best games I have had in a while. Ratings really shining through in several games, even seeing a range of injuries and a few penalties and no robo qb.Default looks to be a winner for me.
I've been going with this setup as well (except I am setting it to All Madden in MM and All Pro in CFM) and it really does play a nice game. I've been having games where lower-rated CPU QBs (like Mariota) have missed a half dozen throws(like, where they miss the receiver in the middle of the field...not as much as I would like as I haven't seen as many from high-rated QBs, but it's a tad better). I still want time on this to make sure that I really want to go down this pathway.

I know people are going to ask questions about this, so I am posting a copy of the entire setup below. It is ridiculously simple, but effective.

People are going to ask why I am setting the MM to All Madden (with CFM on AP). The short answer is that it has worked. I don't know conclusively that it does anything, but this is what I have been rolling worked and I have been pleased with the outcomes so far.

One thing: For my play style, I "user" a d-lineman at the start of a play; and it can sometimes be tough to generate a rush when you are out-manned (which is how it should be). I do not know how effective this setup might be for those who "user" other positions on defense. It might be fine, I just don't know.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (45.3 KB, 347 views)
Old 11-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #2203
Banned

thanks josh.

what do you think of keeping all things as you have them, but changing fatigue to 40 ? Would this improve defense aggressiveness by giving defenders higher stamina ?
Old 11-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #2204
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
thanks josh.

what do you think of keeping all things as you have them, but changing fatigue to 40 ? Would this improve defense aggressiveness by giving defenders higher stamina ?
In my experience, lowering fatigue tends to have a net effect of improving the offense....like Big12 style football.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #2205
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
In my experience, lowering fatigue tends to have a net effect of improving the offense....like Big12 style football.
what is Big 12 style ?

and you do not think it benefits the defense as well ?

I just do not like guys running out of stamina after ten plays.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #2206
Rookie

ginix's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
what is Big 12 style ?

and you do not think it benefits the defense as well ?

I just do not like guys running out of stamina after ten plays.
I'm guessing in this context Big 12 football means a ridiculous amount of offense with little to no resistance by the defense.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:18 PM   #2207
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It was said already, but the big key is just a lack of effort. This is anthropromorphizing a bit, but with Injuries at 10, it's like players are 'scared' and avoid injuries by avoiding contact. Line interactions are muted, coverage is loose, RBs don't run with authority, etc.

Now, setting it to 75 seems to rectify those issues, but I have had concerns about it being so high that it could be causing things to go a bit wonky from a fatigue perspective. As shown below, I've been exploring setting this to 50 as well...it's been more balanced overall.

I've been going with this setup as well (except I am setting it to All Madden in MM and All Pro in CFM) and it really does play a nice game. I've been having games where lower-rated CPU QBs (like Mariota) have missed a half dozen throws(like, where they miss the receiver in the middle of the field...not as much as I would like as I haven't seen as many from high-rated QBs, but it's a tad better). I still want time on this to make sure that I really want to go down this pathway.

I know people are going to ask questions about this, so I am posting a copy of the entire setup below. It is ridiculously simple, but effective.

People are going to ask why I am setting the MM to All Madden (with CFM on AP). The short answer is that it has worked. I don't know conclusively that it does anything, but this is what I have been rolling worked and I have been pleased with the outcomes so far.

One thing: For my play style, I "user" a d-lineman at the start of a play; and it can sometimes be tough to generate a rush when you are out-manned (which is how it should be). I do not know how effective this setup might be for those who "user" other positions on defense. It might be fine, I just don't know.
So you no longer change the FGA and FGP in the main menu? And you also leave offensive PI on now?
Old 11-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #2208
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
So you no longer change the FGA and FGP in the main menu? And you also leave offensive PI on now?
Correct, also changed MM Facemask back to default and adjusted MM injury from 75 to 50.

Note: I am considering these draft changes. The OP is not yet updated pending further assessment.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-16-2016 at 07:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »