Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:57 PM   #2209
Pro

sms024's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Well crap. I didn't notice the other changes so I ended up playing a few games with the OP except 50 MM injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #2210
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
So josh,
What are the pros and cons of this change so far? Im still playing with the ST sliderz at 100. Only problem i have is my rungame is almost non existent and im playing with Dallas.... (the super O-line).....
This is one of the issues I had with the ST sliders...it was good in some ways, but started taking away from the ratings.

On the set I posted:

Pros
  • Gameplay engine is 'happy'...it's pretty much as balanced as possible, so seeing a ton of variety dependent on ratings.
  • Definitely seeing less Robo QB and more inaccuracy by the CPU (mainly weaker QBs). Pass accuracy stats less based on coverage and more on QB ability.
  • Run game is solid (dependent on ratings)
Cons
  • The pass rush won't be as consistently good as it was on the older setup (I sorta consider that a 'pro' as well). However, it will still be there as matchups dictate.
  • Coverage won't always look as tight...but it is still effective....again, as matchups dictate.
  • Will it be as tough? Not sure yet....
In case you haven't noticed, the MO is really balancing things as much as possible. This year is more about keeping things close to default.

One other thing....I've been playing with these on both 15 min/20 sec acc clock and on 9 min/no acc clock. Either setting works well...I am testing both to see which might be better from a rotation/fatigue standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms024
Well crap. I didn't notice the other changes so I ended up playing a few games with the OP except 50 MM injury
That sucks....there are numerous changes here (including the MM set to AM). Just double-check everything....
Old 11-17-2016, 01:02 AM   #2211
Pro

sms024's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That sucks....there are numerous changes here (including the MM set to AM). Just double-check everything....
Yeah, I managed to catch the change to AM, just not the other things. still got good games though. I'll get the right stuff plugged in so I can give some appropriate feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 02:41 AM   #2212
Pro

sms024's Arena

Just got my first game finished. Man, it was a blast. 1st quarter was punts, 2nd saw a few scores. 14-10 at half, I had the lead. Came put in the 3rd quarter and first play, gave Hyde the ball on a read option and it went for a 73yd TD, then forced a 3&out. Hadn't had much special team luck but then I returned the punt for a TD. A few plays later I make a perfect call and bring a cover 3 CB blitz, and luck would have it that the offense called a PA pass. By the time the fake was finished, my corner was there and caused a fumble, which was picked up by one of my guys, and taken to the house. I was going crazy. I scored 21 points in like 2 minutes. The rest of the game was pretty boring after that and I won 52-24. First game with that kinda score.

I'd like to add that in the 4th quarter, the D started stripping, causing Hyde to lose the ball like 3 times. Had never seen that before so it made me rethink never covering the ball.

Animations and reactions looked really good, no superhuman deflections or any nonsense. It was a solid game and had a nice, realistic game day feel. After a scoreless first quarter I thought for sure it'd be a defensive game, but football is unpredictable and that aspect showed.

This is however, only one game. So I'll get back in tomorrow and see if the next 2-3 games feel the same. Really like it either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #2213
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This is one of the issues I had with the ST sliders...it was good in some ways, but started taking away from the ratings.

On the set I posted:

Pros
  • Gameplay engine is 'happy'...it's pretty much as balanced as possible, so seeing a ton of variety dependent on ratings.
  • Definitely seeing less Robo QB and more inaccuracy by the CPU (mainly weaker QBs). Pass accuracy stats less based on coverage and more on QB ability.
  • Run game is solid (dependent on ratings)
Cons
  • The pass rush won't be as consistently good as it was on the older setup (I sorta consider that a 'pro' as well). However, it will still be there as matchups dictate.
  • Coverage won't always look as tight...but it is still effective....again, as matchups dictate.
  • Will it be as tough? Not sure yet....
In case you haven't noticed, the MO is really balancing things as much as possible. This year is more about keeping things close to default.

One other thing....I've been playing with these on both 15 min/20 sec acc clock and on 9 min/no acc clock. Either setting works well...I am testing both to see which might be better from a rotation/fatigue standpoint.

Cool......gonna plug em in tonite.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited by dorsett33; 11-17-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #2214
Rookie

Josh, when you set the difficulty to all madden in the mm, did you delete your profile and go through the intro again?
Old 11-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #2215
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagdags
Josh, when you set the difficulty to all madden in the mm, did you delete your profile and go through the intro again?
Good question...and no, I did not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 03:45 AM   #2216
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

These are default sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »