Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #2225
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

The OP has been updated with the following (no changes from what I posted in the thread last week):

This has been a rough year for Madden and while we all anxiously await a new patch; we're in a holding pattern.

The one thing that has been inescapable for me this year is that modifying gameplay sliders is just out of the question. Modifying the gameplay sliders just throws the entire engine out-of-whack. Normally, I would say, go for penalty sliders. While an option, I just feel that the game still plays better without them adjusted.

So...where does that leave us? Default gameplay and penalty sliders. Well, if you go with EA's definition of "default", the game sucks to be blunt. Fortunately, we have a few things up our sleeve.

Note: the terms MM and CFM are referring to Main Menu and Franchise Mode, respectively.
  • MM injury slider from 10 to 50. I can't stress this enough; want to play 'flag football', keep this slider at 10. Want there to be some push by the d-line, some aggression by the players, set it higher. I've had it as high as 75; but much prefer the balance of 50 (matching the CFM value).
  • Gameplay assists 'off'. These have more of an impact than just the user. I feel the best gameplay experience can be found with all of them turned off.
  • CFM autosubs. Set all of these to 60 Out/80 In. Again, about balance and matching the main menu settings.
  • Setting the MM difficulty to All Madden (keeping the CFM setting at AP). I've come to believe that the CFM settings affect tendency and the AI more than anything. AM also runs at a faster speed than AP. So, offsetting these means that the AI speed is running at a different speed than the animation speed inside CFM. As a result, I have seen far more incomplete passes and mis-communication types of plays. To the doubters, no, I can't prove it. But it has worked well for me.
A couple of notes:
  • Until this iteration, I had OPI "off". I have reverted it back "on" as it adversely affects the pass rush when it is off (necessitating a series of tweaks that I don't want to make).
  • Don't just focus on play outcomes and animations, but also the ratings; especially in the pass rush. There is a huge difference between playing against a good O-line and a bad one.
  • Full disclosure, I am not happy with rotation. But, adjusting fatigue or autosubs affects too many things. I've made a conscious decision to not change these. Use formation subs or manual subs to get backups in the game more frequently.
  • Finally, I've tested these on both 15 min and 9 min quarters; they work well either way. If you DO use accelerated clock, do not go below 20 seconds. If you do, the CPU will stop making audibles and adjustments at the LOS.
Hope you enjoy them...and hopefully a patch is forthcoming that addresses a lot of issues. This will be my base set when the patch comes out...so we can work from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #2226
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Can I still get patches and updates if I don't have the psn upgrade? Like I don't play online and I stopped being able to login to PSN about 45-60 days Gtee purchasing my PS4... assuming that was a trial period or something? The last patch and tuner I have is from October
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 11-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #2227
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Can I still get patches and updates if I don't have the psn upgrade? Like I don't play online and I stopped being able to login to PSN about 45-60 days Gtee purchasing my PS4... assuming that was a trial period or something? The last patch and tuner I have is from October
I believe so...
Old 11-20-2016, 04:27 PM   #2228
Rookie

JRock1031's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The OP has been updated with the following (no changes from what I posted in the thread last week):

This has been a rough year for Madden and while we all anxiously await a new patch; we're in a holding pattern.

The one thing that has been inescapable for me this year is that modifying gameplay sliders is just out of the question. Modifying the gameplay sliders just throws the entire engine out-of-whack. Normally, I would say, go for penalty sliders. While an option, I just feel that the game still plays better without them adjusted.

So...where does that leave us? Default gameplay and penalty sliders. Well, if you go with EA's definition of "default", the game sucks to be blunt. Fortunately, we have a few things up our sleeve.

Note: the terms MM and CFM are referring to Main Menu and Franchise Mode, respectively.
  • MM injury slider from 10 to 50. I can't stress this enough; want to play 'flag football', keep this slider at 10. Want there to be some push by the d-line, some aggression by the players, set it higher. I've had it as high as 75; but much prefer the balance of 50 (matching the CFM value).
  • Gameplay assists 'off'. These have more of an impact than just the user. I feel the best gameplay experience can be found with all of them turned off.
  • CFM autosubs. Set all of these to 60 Out/80 In. Again, about balance and matching the main menu settings.
  • Setting the MM difficulty to All Madden (keeping the CFM setting at AP). I've come to believe that the CFM settings affect tendency and the AI more than anything. AM also runs at a faster speed than AP. So, offsetting these means that the AI speed is running at a different speed than the animation speed inside CFM. As a result, I have seen far more incomplete passes and mis-communication types of plays. To the doubters, no, I can't prove it. But it has worked well for me.
A couple of notes:
  • Until this iteration, I had OPI "off". I have reverted it back "on" as it adversely affects the pass rush when it is off (necessitating a series of tweaks that I don't want to make).
  • Don't just focus on play outcomes and animations, but also the ratings; especially in the pass rush. There is a huge difference between playing against a good O-line and a bad one.
  • Full disclosure, I am not happy with rotation. But, adjusting fatigue or autosubs affects too many things. I've made a conscious decision to not change these. Use formation subs or manual subs to get backups in the game more frequently.
  • Finally, I've tested these on both 15 min and 9 min quarters; they work well either way. If you DO use accelerated clock, do not go below 20 seconds. If you do, the CPU will stop making audibles and adjustments at the LOS.
Hope you enjoy them...and hopefully a patch is forthcoming that addresses a lot of issues. This will be my base set when the patch comes out...so we can work from there.
Hey Josh! If if you use accelerated clock what quarter length do you suggest?
Old 11-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #2229
Banned

Josh:

Thanks for all you do. I have been seeing issues with DB’s stopping briefly to allow a WR/TE to make a catch and then shortly thereafter make the tackle. Well, is there any way to fix this ? I have edited all Safeties and LB’s to have:

*Aggressive Catches – ON

*Penalty – Undis

*Plays Ball In Air – Aggressive

Since those changes, I have seen no BS from the safeties and little to none from the LB’s. Is this able to be fixed with traits edits – any one else seen this BS ?
Old 11-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #2230
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock1031
Up to you; depends on your cadence. I still prefer 9 minute quarters with no acc clock.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #2231
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock1031
he suggests not below 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #2232
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Not sure if anyone wondered this but, I knew that when it came to breaking down SAC, MAC, and DAC ratings for QB it was broken up by yards.

So short was up to 20 yards, med 20-40, and deep 40+.

What I didn't know was if that was from the QB or LOS. Well Clint O just confirmed in Twitter it's from the QB

So there you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »