JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 283 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #2257
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I doubt very many guys ever played w/ the Out of the box gameplay, mainly b/c EA had the 1st patch or tuner (can't remember which) on day 1 launch.
To actually play the game w/ the OOTB version you would need the disc.
We are actually testing this and it's been a breathe of fresh air.
Cpu misses kicks, heck I missed 2 XPs in my last game, due to an 11mph crosswind. Everything seems much more organic w/ the "actual" OOTB version, no day 1 patches or tuners, offline, disc version.
We have about 20 or more games, thoughts, and stats to back it up on my slider thread

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dskins81.html
I was referring to 'out-of-box' with the Day 1 patch

I am aware of the discussion about the "off the disc" gameplay...I'm on digital so have nothing to add there.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #2258
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I was referring to 'out-of-box' with the Day 1 patch

I am aware of the discussion about the "off the disc" gameplay...I'm on digital so have nothing to add there.
Aaa, appreciate the honesty,

I was mainly just pointing that out b/c I and many others started playing M17 with the day 1 update. So, the actual ootb version would require the disc. Just making sure guys know that there is a difference.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #2259
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I was mainly just pointing that out b/c I and many others started playing M17 with the day 1 update. So, the actual ootb version would require the disc. Just making sure guys know that there is a difference.
Agreed but when I tried the ootb option I still saw some of the same issue that existed with the day 1 patch. Specifically easy running to the outside and QB play where QB's do not scramble much and take sacks.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #2260
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Agreed but when I tried the ootb option I still saw some of the same issue that existed with the day 1 patch. Specifically easy running to the outside and QB play where QB's do not scramble much and take sacks.
The Qbs rarely scrambling is still an issue even with the latest updates, it's as if ALL qbs traits are set to "rarely" or never for the scramble trait.
Now Im ranked 12th in total sacks after 9 games, so I'm not dominating in sacks either.
my last game, the Vikings T. Bridgewater avoided some sacks and threw deep downfield while on the run. I'm probably avg. about 3 sacks per gm, so not really an issue that I see.
The outside runs are not as effective as I thought they would be w/ the OOTB version, the cpu actually can run outside at times also. I call about 5 or 6 outside or stretch runs per gm and maybe 1 or 2 gets me that 10-20 yd run, the rest I'm getting blown up in the backfield.
Keep in mind, I'm not abusing the same outside run plays. I usually only call it when it's in the coaching suggestions and it's usually a different formation and/or type of outside run when I do call it.

Now, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives w/ the ootb version. Here's a few positives.

+ Organic WR drops(usually when hit in traffic, which is good, helps keep Qb % down, also keeps passing yards from 350 to 400 yds a game)

+ QBA slider works

+ CPU running is improved (I have to actually play the run and make the necessary adjustments to slow them down )

+ Kicking is a challenge, especially when it's in the wind
+ Unpredictable blocked kicks
+ CPU will pin you back on punts more often

So special teams in general is better, I even allowed the cpu to run back a Punt for a td, it was the cpu making moves and juking us out that allowed the long Punt return.
+ The CPU can force fumbles, so that big run after catch or long run can be knocked out by the cpu defenders, qbs that try to throw out of a sack will fumble more often.

Now, some negatives.

- The pass/run tell when viewing the play-art pre-snap(avoid this by not viewing the play-art, pre-snap)
- If you choose sky kick, it seems to make the CPU also be stuck on Sky kick, so just don't choose sky kick
- Missing Kicker stats (not a game breaker imo)

I'm sure I'm missing some more positives and negatives, but these are the ones that come to mind right now

Last edited by D81SKINS; 11-23-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #2261
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

That sounds great, but not having the nerfed draft classes is kind of a big deal to me. Those have really improved franchise mode too much to go back.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #2262
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
That sounds great, but not having the nerfed draft classes is kind of a big deal to me. Those have really improved franchise mode too much to go back.
I haven't been able to see the draft classes actual ratings yet, are they that bad with OOTB version?
We will probably have to use the player editing if they are OP'd?
Old 11-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #2263
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
The Qbs rarely scrambling is still an issue even with the latest updates, it's as if ALL qbs traits are set to "rarely" or never for the scramble trait.
Now Im ranked 12th in total sacks after 9 games, so I'm not dominating in sacks either.
my last game, the Vikings T. Bridgewater avoided some sacks and threw deep downfield while on the run. I'm probably avg. about 3 sacks per gm, so not really an issue that I see.
The outside runs are not as effective as I thought they would be w/ the OOTB version, the cpu actually can run outside at times also. I call about 5 or 6 outside or stretch runs per gm and maybe 1 or 2 gets me that 10-20 yd run, the rest I'm getting blown up in the backfield.
Keep in mind, I'm not abusing the same outside run plays. I usually only call it when it's in the coaching suggestions and it's usually a different formation and/or type of outside run when I do call it.

Now, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives w/ the ootb version. Here's a few positives.

+ Organic WR drops(usually when hit in traffic, which is good, helps keep Qb % down, also keeps passing yards from 350 to 400 yds a game)

+ QBA slider works

+ CPU running is improved (I have to actually play the run and make the necessary adjustments to slow them down )

+ Kicking is a challenge, especially when it's in the wind
+ Unpredictable blocked kicks
+ CPU will pin you back on punts more often

So special teams in general is better, I even allowed the cpu to run back a Punt for a td, it was the cpu making moves and juking us out that allowed the long Punt return.
+ The CPU can force fumbles, so that big run after catch or long run can be knocked out by the cpu defenders, qbs that try to throw out of a sack will fumble more often.

Now, some negatives.

- The pass/run tell when viewing the play-art pre-snap(avoid this by not viewing the play-art, pre-snap)
- If you choose sky kick, it seems to make the CPU also be stuck on Sky kick, so just don't choose sky kick
- Missing Kicker stats (not a game breaker imo)

I'm sure I'm missing some more positives and negatives, but these are the ones that come to mind right now
Thanks for this, I was pondering buying the disc to try this, but after seeing this, I don't feel the need. From what I am seeing here, the only thing I am "missing" is a more difficult kicking game (which granted is important...). I could care less about the QBA slider because I wouldn't touch it anyways and the other improvements have not been issues in my current setup.

Just not enough here IMO to offset the improvements made. Things like formation subs, being able to pick opponent uniforms (silly I know - but something I really love), better draft classes, and less overall suction blocking are much bigger to me (along with some of the things you highlighted).

At the end of the day, we all have certain things we care about. For me personally, I don't see enough here to regret having the digital (and patched) version of the game.

Thanks for the objective look at this. Like any version of Madden, it has its ups and downs.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #2264
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Josh I have tested 4 games with current updated settings (fully patched and tuned) and everything is good except completion % is consistently in the 70-80 mostly bc there are very few plays on balls / hits forcing drops (in comparison to past iterations of your sets) I have always seen less inaccurate throws. I've played raiders/saints, niners/rams, broncos/panthers, and bills/Ravens to get a wide variety of styles and player ratings

I am thinking this is due to the OPI setting being turned on but I don't know why? Or the MM all madden setting. What do you think?

I am sold on 50 injury MM. I am not sold on all the auto subs being 60/80. Something has changed in the overall aggression/natural instinct of players
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »