JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 284 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #2265
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Josh I have tested 4 games with current updated settings (fully patched and tuned) and everything is good except completion % is consistently in the 70-80 mostly bc there are very few plays on balls / hits forcing drops (in comparison to past iterations of your sets) I have always seen less inaccurate throws. I've played raiders/saints, niners/rams, broncos/panthers, and bills/Ravens to get a wide variety of styles and player ratings

I am thinking this is due to the OPI setting being turned on but I don't know why? Or the MM all madden setting. What do you think?

I am sold on 50 injury MM. I am not sold on all the auto subs being 60/80. Something has changed in the overall aggression/natural instinct of players
Just curious, are you using the default preseason roster or an updated one?

I have no issues on my end (nearly every game below 65%) but you're doing your coach mode setup, which is probably going to handle a bit different. The only difference accounting for what you are seeing is facemask. Try bumping the mm facemask back to 55.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #2266
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just curious, are you using the default preseason roster or an updated one?

I have no issues on my end (nearly every game below 65%) but you're doing your coach mode setup, which is probably going to handle a bit different. The only difference accounting for what you are seeing is facemask. Try bumping the mm facemask back to 55.

Preseason

Ok I will make that one change and see. What exactly does facemask do
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 11-24-2016, 06:42 PM   #2267
Banned

OVR: 0

Does anyone analyze the running plays with default settings ?

I have analyzed and tweaked many running plays and LBs take some terrible angles and makes game seemed rigged.

Now, I am currently using:

*tackling @ 55

*human run blocking @ 85

*AM in MM and AM or AP in CFM

All LBs with:

*aggressive catches ON

*penalty undisc

*pbia agg

Is this placebo ?

Is tackling at 55 too high ?

Does rbk that high affect other things ?

Current status and pros/cons of special teams settings in MM ?

I believe that all of you are experts, and that is why I annoy with questions . LOL.

We just want the game to be better.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:19 PM   #2268
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
Does anyone analyze the running plays with default settings ?

I have analyzed and tweaked many running plays and LBs take some terrible angles and makes game seemed rigged.

Now, I am currently using:

*tackling @ 55

*human run blocking @ 85

*AM in MM and AM or AP in CFM

All LBs with:

*aggressive catches ON

*penalty undisc

*pbia agg

Is this placebo ?

Is tackling at 55 too high ?

Does rbk that high affect other things ?

Current status and pros/cons of special teams settings in MM ?

I believe that all of you are experts, and that is why I annoy with questions . LOL.

We just want the game to be better.
Truthfully...I'm really sold on the OP "As is" until the next patch comes out (and there is a strong chance that I won't make any changes after the patch comes out). You can scrutinize every little thing on every little play and just go in circles (guess what, LBs take horrible angles in real life too). You keep talking about bad angles and things like that; but player ratings affect that too (our digital players are not little god-like machines, they make mistakes too).

Gameplay sliders are the worst way to go IMO. There always been a bit of a 'counterpoint' to every slider and this year is even worse because I am seeing this even with penalty sliders (make pass defense better by raising DPI (or by making QB play worse by turning OPI off) and the pass rush goes to crap, improve the pass rush and the pass defense goes to crap). It's like the game engine adjusts to try to re-balance to what you tweaked. Every change begats another and another and another....

We're 2000+ posts in this year and are basically at default. There is a reason for that. I spent 3 years (and 1000s of hours of testing) tweaking sliders on NCAA 14 before I got them where I wanted them and I still see things that are 'off'.

I admire your adventurous spirit, but the payoff probably won't be worth months of tweaking, un-tweaking, and re-tweaking that you will go down. My advice is always going to be 'stick to default'....especially this year.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:02 PM   #2269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Truthfully...I'm really sold on the OP "As is" until the next patch comes out (and there is a strong chance that I won't make any changes after the patch comes out). You can scrutinize every little thing on every little play and just go in circles (guess what, LBs take horrible angles in real life too). You keep talking about bad angles and things like that; but player ratings affect that too (our digital players are not little god-like machines, they make mistakes too).

Gameplay sliders are the worst way to go IMO. There always been a bit of a 'counterpoint' to every slider and this year is even worse because I am seeing this even with penalty sliders (make pass defense better by raising DPI (or by making QB play worse by turning OPI off) and the pass rush goes to crap, improve the pass rush and the pass defense goes to crap). It's like the game engine adjusts to try to re-balance to what you tweaked. Every change begats another and another and another....

We're 2000+ posts in this year and are basically at default. There is a reason for that. I spent 3 years (and 1000s of hours of testing) tweaking sliders on NCAA 14 before I got them where I wanted them and I still see things that are 'off'.

I admire your adventurous spirit, but the payoff probably won't be worth months of tweaking, un-tweaking, and re-tweaking that you will go down. My advice is always going to be 'stick to default'....especially this year.
I trust your words - thanks Josh
Old 11-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #2270
Rookie

Arrow Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

First off, I wanna begin by saying that I've been following these posts for a loooooong time. This is the first time I've actually posted anything.... But I think I might of found something with the QB play.

So after following Josh since 16, I've desperately been looking for a slider set that would mimic the play of the real NFL. Now, I've only tested this is the Play Now, but I think I'm onto something.

Contrary to what everyone believes, I really believe that the auto subs have a great effect on the gameplay. I've played with both the sub in and out numbers maybe for the last 2 months or so. But recently, and accidentally, found out that the sub in rating can actually be raised higher than the sub out rating. So what I did is I set the in rating to 99, and left the sub out at 80. So it would look like:

QB In: 99
QB out: 80
RB In: 99
RB Out: 80

etc.....

(Just a side note, that once you adjust the QB sub settings, it drops down to 97 or 98, but the rest stay in tact. Not really sure why.)

So after adjusting all the sub settings, I began to tinker with the Injury slider that so many of you have talked about. So I raised it to about 85 after playing around with it at a bunch of other values and decided to stick with it.

Now I've played with both ball hawk and heat seeker on and off, and I think leaving it on creates a much more organic experience against the opposing QB. They actually miss throws, they move in and out of the pocket, and yes... they actually take off. I had Dak get 4-49 when things broke down in the pocket.

There is no feel of robot qb, and the QB distributes the ball all over. (Played games where Jordy had (8-87 and 4-50). Now here's the kicker....the run game is just super inconsistent. Some matchups I play, the run game works early but just doesn't sustain throughout the entire game. Sometimes against guys like David Johnson with 8 guys in the box I just can't bring him down. There is definitely variety's in the games, and its always fun too see QB's play a little similar to how they do in real life. (Had a play where play broke down, ARod scrambled left, threw ACROSS his body 40 yards down the field, right into Davante Adams hands, best play I've seen so far.)

I'm not saying that these are final or for sure what you're looking for, but I urge you to give them a try. I'm going to tinker with them some more, but the more users begin to use these I really believe that we can find something.

Main Menu Settings .... These are the only changes.
Everything default
All Pro
7 Minute quarters
Injury: 85 (I know this may seem high but I see maybe 1 or 2 injuries a game and none are serious, but this setting along with the auto subs I think makes the difference.)

Auto Sub In/Out (For All)
99/80

YES I have the tuner downloaded and YES I use default rosters

Last thing I wanna mention, I've just recently (like two days ago) started locking into the QB, RB, depending on the play called and letting the receivers really show their ratings. ESPECIALLY on the deep ball. And the Total Yards and Scores have realllllllly varied. Some games under 300, some 350-400, and some 500. Defensively I control the DLineman, and allow the ratings of Corners really display what they can do. (Norman and Pat Pete have had lockdown games)

If you guys have any questions I'll be on here soon enough hoping for some responses. And if you think its a waste of time I promise its not.

Cheers
Old 11-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #2271
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadchams
First off, I wanna begin by saying that I've been following these posts for a loooooong time. This is the first time I've actually posted anything.... But I think I might of found something with the QB play.

So after following Josh since 16, I've desperately been looking for a slider set that would mimic the play of the real NFL. Now, I've only tested this is the Play Now, but I think I'm onto something.

Contrary to what everyone believes, I really believe that the auto subs have a great effect on the gameplay. I've played with both the sub in and out numbers maybe for the last 2 months or so. But recently, and accidentally, found out that the sub in rating can actually be raised higher than the sub out rating. So what I did is I set the in rating to 99, and left the sub out at 80. So it would look like:

QB In: 99
QB out: 80
RB In: 99
RB Out: 80

etc.....

(Just a side note, that once you adjust the QB sub settings, it drops down to 97 or 98, but the rest stay in tact. Not really sure why.)

So after adjusting all the sub settings, I began to tinker with the Injury slider that so many of you have talked about. So I raised it to about 85 after playing around with it at a bunch of other values and decided to stick with it.

Now I've played with both ball hawk and heat seeker on and off, and I think leaving it on creates a much more organic experience against the opposing QB. They actually miss throws, they move in and out of the pocket, and yes... they actually take off. I had Dak get 4-49 when things broke down in the pocket.

There is no feel of robot qb, and the QB distributes the ball all over. (Played games where Jordy had (8-87 and 4-50). Now here's the kicker....the run game is just super inconsistent. Some matchups I play, the run game works early but just doesn't sustain throughout the entire game. Sometimes against guys like David Johnson with 8 guys in the box I just can't bring him down. There is definitely variety's in the games, and its always fun too see QB's play a little similar to how they do in real life. (Had a play where play broke down, ARod scrambled left, threw ACROSS his body 40 yards down the field, right into Davante Adams hands, best play I've seen so far.)

I'm not saying that these are final or for sure what you're looking for, but I urge you to give them a try. I'm going to tinker with them some more, but the more users begin to use these I really believe that we can find something.

Main Menu Settings .... These are the only changes.
Everything default
All Pro
7 Minute quarters
Injury: 85 (I know this may seem high but I see maybe 1 or 2 injuries a game and none are serious, but this setting along with the auto subs I think makes the difference.)

Auto Sub In/Out (For All)
99/80

YES I have the tuner downloaded and YES I use default rosters

Last thing I wanna mention, I've just recently (like two days ago) started locking into the QB, RB, depending on the play called and letting the receivers really show their ratings. ESPECIALLY on the deep ball. And the Total Yards and Scores have realllllllly varied. Some games under 300, some 350-400, and some 500. Defensively I control the DLineman, and allow the ratings of Corners really display what they can do. (Norman and Pat Pete have had lockdown games)

If you guys have any questions I'll be on here soon enough hoping for some responses. And if you think its a waste of time I promise its not.

Cheers
Right off the bat, play now is a whole different animal from CFM when it comes to game play. I don't bother testing anything outside of CFM. Even free practice within CFM itself is distinctly different from the actual games.

But hey, thanks for sharing. You just never know where it may lead. The code is so convoluted there is probably some hidden game play effect dependent on what uniform you choose to wear!
Old 11-27-2016, 11:17 PM   #2272
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Right off the bat, play now is a whole different animal from CFM when it comes to game play. I don't bother testing anything outside of CFM. Even free practice within CFM itself is distinctly different from the actual games.

But hey, thanks for sharing. You just never know where it may lead. The code is so convoluted there is probably some hidden game play effect dependent on what uniform you choose to wear!
Agreed...play now is pretty much useless to test in unless that is all you want to play; it's totally different than CFM because of the overlapping code between the MM settings and CFM settings.

Autosubs have an obvious effect on gameplay. You can do a lot of different things with them; I also don't think a blanket approach is the way to go if you're going to vary from default. I'll definitely "file" this for future exploration but am not doing anything further until the next patch comes out (hopefully this week).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »