JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 288 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-30-2016, 06:27 PM   #2297
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Obviously we have a new patch to deal with. Now, I am on the West Coast, so I am several hours away from being home from work and then need to download the patch.

I will be taking the following approach:
  • I will install the patch; delete my user profile and the old tuner along with any slider files (I don't think I have any)
  • I will fire-up the game. If prompted to download a tuner, I will download it.
  • Once through the intro, I will start a new CFM (preseason roster) for test purposes. I will change no settings within the MM or CFM other than the CFM clock settings (plus turning off that crappy menu music and adjusting visual settings). I will see how that looks and evaluate what changes might be needed. This could take 5 minutes (if patty-cake lineplay is still there) or it could take days.
  • If changes are needed, I will gravitate back towards the current OP setup based on CPU behaviors and the animations/actions that are seen on the field.
  • If the OP setup is still not adequate, further changes will be made to address any further issues which might be present.
  • Once an adequate setup has been established, it will be tested on existing franchises.
Now, people might ask why I would take this approach. Why not just dive into the current setup and see how it plays? Put simply, we could inadvertently break something that has been improved in the patch and not even realize it. Going back to a true default state will give us a proper baseline in which to work from.
3 games of ^this under my belt and I think it is playing spectacularly...I have been focusing mostly on the coverage because that was my biggest issue previously (man being pretty much worthless in my opinion), and it has been playing very solid. Good man dbs covering flag and even the dreaded crossing routes and lesser dbs getting beat.

I also kept cfm auto subs at default 50s.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:08 PM   #2298
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
3 games of ^this under my belt and I think it is playing spectacularly...I have been focusing mostly on the coverage because that was my biggest issue previously (man being pretty much worthless in my opinion), and it has been playing very solid. Good man dbs covering flag and even the dreaded crossing routes and lesser dbs getting beat.

I also kept cfm auto subs at default 50s.

AP ? or AM, thanks
Old 11-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #2299
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
AP ? or AM, thanks
All pro....I'm not sure all madden is even worth messing with at this juncture.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #2300
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
AP ? or AM, thanks
AP for me both mm and cfm
Old 11-30-2016, 11:44 PM   #2301
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Just a quick update. Didn't take long, but I am right back to the OP set. At true default, the defensive pressure up front is just not there....and that is the biggest key.

The OP set still looks to play well....still seeing solid rush and a lot of variety in throw types and so on. Frankly speaking, I see no reason to install the patch but also no reason not to do so.

Now that it is out, I will likely explore a few possible tweaks...mainly focusing on autosubs (and maybe ST sliders).

Those of you who have been waiting to really dive into your CFMs....I'd say "go" with the set "as is". The game has warts, but I think this setup will give you a very solid experience.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #2302
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Yo what up josh, just wanted to say that I had saw a while back that the guys at EA were using default sliders and settings for their league, I also saw you were to so I went and tried it out, 100% default; settings, sliders, penalties, auto subs... And I must say it plays extremely well. I think EA has done a great job with the tuners and patches and I personally believe that the tuners and patches are ment to best effect default settings and sliders. Just wanted to say you're not the only "Slider Guy" on this forum that is a believer in default sliders and settings.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #2303
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Yo what up josh, just wanted to say that I had saw a while back that the guys at EA were using default sliders and settings for their league, I also saw you were to so I went and tried it out, 100% default; settings, sliders, penalties, auto subs... And I must say it plays extremely well. I think EA has done a great job with the tuners and patches and I personally believe that the tuners and patches are ment to best effect default settings and sliders. Just wanted to say you're not the only "Slider Guy" on this forum that is a believer in default sliders and settings.
Truth be told, I am glad I am not alone

Some years, you have to mod the heck out of the sliders to get things to play well (M15 anyone?). This year, the more you tweak, the worse it gets.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:08 AM   #2304
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Truth be told, I am glad I am not alone

Some years, you have to mod the heck out of the sliders to get things to play well (M15 anyone?). This year, the more you tweak, the worse it gets.
Agreed 👍...... Especially All Madden... All Madden is a headache to mess with , All Pro plays great at default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »