JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 291 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #2321
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

1st game vs raiders, almost the same result as last game which was a blowout win. Carr would do jack sh*t, so I had about enough and quit the game.

2nd try, they came out firing and throwing deep regardless of man or zone. 1st drive ended in a TD. Mid way through the the 3rd I was only up 17-13. I thought "Great, we're getting some where." Soon after, Carr became a ****** again. He just stood in the pocket and ignored open WRs. I started getting sacks, and he got worse and worse...

I don't know if this is a sliders thing. It's just random... really bad AI. I feel like the games are often scripted before it even starts.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #2322
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
1st game vs raiders, almost the same result as last game which was a blowout win. Carr would do jack sh*t, so I had about enough and quit the game.

2nd try, they came out firing and throwing deep regardless of man or zone. 1st drive ended in a TD. Mid way through the the 3rd I was only up 17-13. I thought "Great, we're getting some where." Soon after, Carr became a ****** again. He just stood in the pocket and ignored open WRs. I started getting sacks, and he got worse and worse...

I don't know if this is a sliders thing. It's just random... really bad AI. I feel like the games are often scripted before it even starts.
A couple of things (sorry, have to do this to be sure ):
  • Did you delete your profile and tuner after installing the patch?
  • Did you double-check EVERY setting in both the MM and CFM (easy to mess it up....I've done it a gazillion times)?
If that checks out, I would be curious if you would be willing to start a new CFM (just for testing) with the preseason rosters just to see if you see the same trends. It could be confidence in your existing franchise, your play style, or any number of factors....but little details could be key, so if they go to crap again, watch what they are doing/not doing.

I'll be diving in tonight...keep comments coming.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:31 PM   #2323
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
We're good man

I've just seen threads go bad very quickly when people start comparing slider sets in one person's thread. Didn't want that to happen here...especially since I have some pretty strong opinions.

Xpider....by the bolded comment, I am going to infer that he wasn't handling zone coverage well. Is this correct? If so, my guess is that it is a timing window issue...and that is potentially fixable.

Please let me know...this gives me something very specific to look at as I play/test over the next few days.
my point is that out of box version is much better than patched.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:47 PM   #2324
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
my point is that out of box version is much better than patched.
That's YOUR opinion and not a fact. My opinion is that I strongly disagree you with based on my viewing last night and I have very concrete reasons that I would not personally use it or recommend it based on what my eyes saw.

If I want to go talk about the OOTB sliders, I will go to D81SKINS thread (which is the correct place to do that). I respectfully ask that you do the same.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #2325
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Delete profile and tuner (you will not be prompted for a new tuner when you restart).
After that, just follow the Opening Post...
I have been using your sliders and love them. Do you recommend deleting the tuner and profile after this last patch even if we are playing an existing CFM?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #2326
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Played 3 games yesterday. Post patch with OP sliders, tuner deleted, profile deleted. I am rolling with 15min/acc clock at 20 sec. Only difference but it doesn't seem to have near the affect it did last year so I'm not worried about that at all.

I think the game played just fine. I saw some really cool bad throws by the cpu when I had serious pressure. Not just the out of bound throws but actually having a guy close and missing him. My QB had a few as well. Just misses.

Defense was tight and you can still really tell a good defense from a bad one. I'm in Year 5 of my online Saints cfm and I just finished up the season with the #1 ranked D. They are really good and it showed. Man defense played pretty good as well. I went 2-1 in those games. Good stuff so far.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 12-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #2327
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Hey Josh, just letting anyone know if they want to try, as I was seeing way to easy scoring games on All PRO, I tried with AM in a test Falcons franchise, and saw much better results, no qb OP acc issues that people have said in AM either.

First did all the tuner, profile, etc deleting beforehand, and restarted Madden where you have to go through intro, I picked AM. Next All settings like your OP except:
8 min qrt, no accel (had 126 plays)
INT 40 for both user and cpu
Once in CFM- load settings and only change Fatigue to 60.

That was only changes.

Here are some pics of game results...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 12-02-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #2328
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
I have been using your sliders and love them. Do you recommend deleting the tuner and profile after this last patch even if we are playing an existing CFM?
Absolutely....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »