JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 302 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-10-2016, 10:12 PM   #2409
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock1031
Is there any difference in this years game as far as fatigue, jersey and field degration?
Not that we have seen.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #2410
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Put in 5 hours last night after finally correctly deleting profile and starting fresh. These are great josh. Only thing I want to be able to do without breaking it is fix the automatic fg/pat ...thoughts?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 12-11-2016, 02:05 PM   #2411
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Put in 5 hours last night after finally correctly deleting profile and starting fresh. These are great josh. Only thing I want to be able to do without breaking it is fix the automatic fg/pat ...thoughts?
Hope a patch fixes it. Sorry...that's just reality....the fga slider won't help much and will affect the lineplay too much.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:56 PM   #2412
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
MVP and I are looking at this in his stream. EXTREMELY small sample size...but it looks like the West Coast and Power Run coach schemes are flip-flopped. Going to continue to investigate....especially since so many teams are set to 'West Coast' in the game.

FSU observed this for simmed games as well...which is what got me started on looking at this.
Any update on this? I plan on doing a 32 man franchise and assigning the proper books
Old 12-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #2413
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Any update on this? I plan on doing a 32 man franchise and assigning the proper books
Does adjusting any of the penalty sliders effect more than the penalty? Like def pass interference for example? I never see any called and wanted to bump it up a bit.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #2414
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock1031
Does adjusting any of the penalty sliders effect more than the penalty? Like def pass interference for example? I never see any called and wanted to bump it up a bit.
Yes, all penalties affect gameplay. You'd have to jack DPI to 65 or so to get good calls and by then, the coverage will be so tight that the CPU will just check-down all the time. It is the number one cause of Robo QB and the issues where TEs catch too many passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Josh, will this set up work in a 6 man league? Also, if we set to All-pro in the franchise and say I, have my game set to All-Madden in the menu's and a different player has his difficulty set to say, Rookie on the main menu, would there be different results in difficulty? We have struggled to find consistency in our results so far in our league.
I believe all users should set things up the same way...paging TDawg here...I know he has an online CFM.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #2415
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I'm fairly confident that they are reversed; but still very much in small sample size mode. I can really use some help here and some observations.

Bear in mind....I am absolutely NOT advocating the use of generic playbooks (which are too generic), just changing the schemes. The schemes alter the types of plays/formations the CPU uses within the confines of their PBs.

I tested a couple yesterday; initial impressions:
Vertical Offense: lots of four vert plays and 'shot' plays
Spread: 3-4 WR sets, lots of passing and short patterns (like meshes). Reminds me of an air raid offense. Tested with KC and it really was tough to stop...they passed over 60% of their plays; also saw a few (rather effective) zone read plays.
West Coast: Run heavy offense, lots of 2 TE sets (if available). As stated, more reminiscent of run heavy.
Power Run: balanced offense but a bit more geared towards the short passing game, solid variety. As stated, more reminiscent of a west coast.

To be tested:
Balanced: I have no reason to think it is something other than balanced..most teams use this by default
Zone Run: assuming it is geared towards zone run plays

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-11-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #2416
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes, all penalties affect gameplay. You'd have to jack DPI to 65 or so to get good calls and by then, the coverage will be so tight that the CPU will just check-down all the time. It is the number one cause of Robo QB and the issues where TEs catch too many passes.

I believe all users should set things up the same way...paging TDawg here...I know he has an online CFM.
Yes have everybody set their MM the same. That's what me and my cousin have done and they play very solid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »