JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 303 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #2417
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm fairly confident that they are reversed; but still very much in small sample size mode. I can really use some help here and some observations.

Bear in mind....I am absolutely NOT advocating the use of generic playbooks (which are too generic), just changing the schemes. The schemes alter the types of plays/formations the CPU uses within the confines of their PBs.

I tested a couple yesterday; initial impressions:
Vertical Offense: lots of four vert plays and 'shot' plays
Spread: 3-4 WR sets, lots of passing and short patterns (like meshes). Reminds me of an air raid offense. Tested with KC and it really was tough to stop...they passed over 60% of their plays; also saw a few (rather effective) zone read plays.
West Coast: Run heavy offense, lots of 2 TE sets (if available). As stated, more reminiscent of run heavy.
Power Run: balanced offense but a bit more geared towards the short passing game, solid variety. As stated, more reminiscent of a west coast.

To be tested:
Balanced: I have no reason to think it is something other than balanced..most teams use this by default
Zone Run: assuming it is geared towards zone run plays
Quoting this to keep things together:

Based on the above definitions, I would like to establish a list of schemes. This is my first stab at it based on stats....would like thoughts/input:

Bears: Vertical
Bengals: Power Run*
Bills: West Coast*
Broncos: Zone Run
Browns: Balanced
Bucs: Vertical
Cardinals: Vertical
Chargers: Power Run*
Chiefs: Spread
Colts: Vertical
Cowboys: West Coast* or Vertical
Dolphins: Spread
Eagles: Spread
Falcons: Vertical
49ers: West Coast*
Giants: Balanced
Jags: Balanced
Jets: Balanced
Lions: Vertical
Packers: Power Run*
Panthers: West Coast*
Patriots: Balanced
Raiders: Balanced
Rams: West Coast*
Ravens: Balanced?
Redskins: Vertical
Saints: Vertical
Seahawks: West Coast*
Steelers: Vertical
Texans: Zone Run
Titans: West Coast*
Vikings: Vertical (based on 2015 with Teddy) or Power Run* based on 2016
*Based on premise that Power Run and West Coast are reversed

Schemes based on pass/run ratios as well as Air Yards Per Attempt (which subtracts out YAC):
https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...ir-yards/2016/

Open to thoughts/suggestions (especially if you feel a team should be classified as a spread team). These do impact sim stats, but in the same manner...will likely get better sim stats as a result.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-11-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:43 PM   #2418
MVP

OVR: 13

I'd say the Giants and Raiders should be a Spread set
Old 12-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #2419
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I'd say the Giants and Raiders should be a Spread set
Thanks for the feedback!

Those are actually two of the teams I really struggled with....after running a couple of sims, I would be a bit more inclined to agree.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #2420
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Josh, I was able to get in 5 games over the weekend! I'm playing as the 49ers and played all 4 preseason games (I love playing with the 2nd and 3rd string guys to see who stands out) and the first regular season game against the Rams.

Since it's probably not accurate to judge the gameplay from the preseason games due to 3/4 of it being played by 2nd and 3rd stringers, I'll only bring up one major observation - the CPU QB taking too many sacks instead of throwing it away. I had probably about 2 sacks per game from this. The QB will feel pressure and start scrambling out of the pocket, then keep side-stepping or scrambling and take a sack instead of throwing the ball away. Is there anything we can do to fix this or is this just a result of the game engine?

My game against the Rams was a BLAST! I did some scouting of their players and came up with a gameplan that looked to exploit their weaknesses. Their team played true to their ratings which was a lot of fun to see! I ended up losing 24-16. I'll check the box score when I get home but here's a quick synopsis:

On defense, my goal was to contain Gurley and make Goff beat us. This meant staying in 3-4 unless it was an obvious passing down, even if they came out with 3WR and 1TE (playing either zone or cover 1 with a saftey covering the 3rd WR). I was able to do just that, holding Gurley below 60 yards on the day until he broke off a 40 yard touchdown run with less than 2 minutes remaining with a NASTY spin move. Goff didn't do much save a few short passes to Austin that he was able to work with. The Rams scored on a blocked punt early in the game, which was actually pretty cool to see. Other than that long run at the end of the game, my defense was outstanding.

On offense, my goal was to make their LOLB play in coverage and run the ball to the right, towards the poor-tackling ROLB and away from Aaron Donald. I wasn't able to move the ball much at all. Hyde had about 20 carries for about 50 yards...ouch. Gabbert also threw 3 INTs, although one was on a tipped ball. I'll have to pull up the stats when I get home.

In terms of the gameplay, I'd say it played great! My only real concerns are the sack issue I mentioned before as well as having a lot of TFL. I think that's just a Madden issue though. But I was able to get into the backfield on most 3rd and short by crowding the line of scrimmage. Granted, I do have a pretty decent front 7 and the Rams have a horrible OL (their LT was injured too), so I won't rush to judgement there quite yet.

Anyways, I'll check my box score when I get home, but I just wanted to give some feedback and say thanks for making Madden fun again!
Old 12-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #2421
Rookie

You change the playbooks where?
Old 12-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #2422
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonce
You change the playbooks where?
your CFM under coach schemes.

to change the others, you need to control the team. i do a 32 team CFM, which allows me to control and make changes to every team. which, you'd need to do if you want to change them.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #2423
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
your CFM under coach schemes.

to change the others, you need to control the team. i do a 32 team CFM, which allows me to control and make changes to every team. which, you'd need to do if you want to change them.
Okay thanx
Old 12-13-2016, 02:27 AM   #2424
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Wow....those two schemes are absolutely reversed. The Packers have never played right until I made that switch.

And it also explains those random games where a team would attempt like 42 runs......awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »