JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 308 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-17-2016, 07:32 AM   #2457
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Monty, this sounds very different then what I have seen when playing the game....

I really need more info to help you out. Why is the QBA high? Is he checking down a lot, is the pass rush too light, DBs not reacting well, etc.
Thanks for getting back to me, Josh, I really appreciate it. If you can bear with me as it's been a while since I last played. I'll get a few games in and get back to you as soon as I can. If I remember correctly, the biggest thing was checkdowns and a reluctance to throw deep (QB being Tannehill). As I said, I'll come back as soon as I can. Cheers

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2016, 09:35 AM   #2458
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm trying to this from an existing 1 team cfm. Is it possible and how do I do it because I've looked and can't see any option to change csnother coaches scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Real easy....

Take control of the coach (like you would for a 32 team). Go in, change the scheme, then retire the coach (the new scheme will stick). He will still be the team's HC and won't lose his level or anything (the only thing is that you will get the lame little "You will be missed" news story). But you can do this over and over at any point of a CFM. I did all of the coaches at the beginning of a CFM then saved it as a 'template'...it took me 20 minutes or so (just changing the off scheme).
Old 12-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #2459
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty White
Thanks for getting back to me, Josh, I really appreciate it. If you can bear with me as it's been a while since I last played. I'll get a few games in and get back to you as soon as I can. If I remember correctly, the biggest thing was checkdowns and a reluctance to throw deep (QB being Tannehill). As I said, I'll come back as soon as I can. Cheers

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Tannehill is notorious for this even in games against in normal play mode. Try playing around with the QB scheme and maybe the offensive scheme (not playbook)...going with something like vertical scheme and QB set to balanced might shake that up a bit.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #2460
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do I go about changing all the schemes? Just join a team, retire, switch teams?
Old 12-17-2016, 04:19 PM   #2461
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

just played my first game with these. lost 45-42 in ot to the chiefs...im the chargers. only trade i made was for jimmy garapollo and traded away rivers for some pics.

my thoughts. 1st half was good. i scored with 3 seconds left in 1st half to be up 21-7.

2nd half. alex smith became God. not 1 single incomplete pass. my stifling defense couldnt stop them as they scored on every single possession going up 42-28 with 3 minutes left. i was able to tie it up with 19 seconds left. i got ball first in OT drove right down the field where i was strip sacked. they got the ball and alex smith still in God mode led them to the victory. he finished like 78% completion after only 57% in first half.

i threw for 450 yards and ran for 140. 66 on 1 play.

zero subs..

i saw u post earlier about how it seemed it was fixed...but nope....zero subs...only 1 carry went to a back not melvin fordon. wrs never subbed out...same with defense....even when running the hurry up.

i couldnt get any pass rush...1 sack...and i have pass rushers on my team.

they forced 5 turnovers. 3 ints and 2 strip sacks...i got zero..

very good game over all.

but robo qb was present, zero subs...big issues.

oh cpu had 4 punts of like 15 yards each.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #2462
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Ok couple of questions @JoshC1977 et al...

1. Is OP updated and current? I'm assuming so...

2. I looked back a bit but couldn't find the list of 'updated/correct' schemes. Can someone point me in the direction?

3. I'd like to play a 'real' season, playing key matchups (forcing results on the rest so as to get identical records to real life). So I'd need to create coaches, edit schemes, but then just NOT retire them, so as to pick the games I want to actually PLAY (PTM, actually)?

4. Lastly, if I want to run a season with just 1 team, and I edit the coach schemes then retire everyone--the ticker at the bottom will be the team names right, as opposed to my username? It's a killer to see JHedges22 38 - Indianapolis 17.

Thanks guys for the help!

New York Yankees Franchise Site
Old 12-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #2463
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

finished game number 2 vs jags...much different game. defensive i was down 3-0 at halftime.

in 2nd half i was able to get run game going and won 27-6.

i sacked bortles 8 times...4 he fumbled on...but i recovered none of them. at least 4 of the sacks were because he jusy wouldnt throw the ball.

still seeing zero subs.

i know ur solid on fatigue at 50 for balance...so

have u considered messing with auto subs...like 81/89 or anything...getting players down to 60 seems impossible. i had to run gordon like 9 plays in a row just to get him out.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #2464
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I was going to wait a bit on this to get some more gameplay in, but after 3 games....I am fairly confident. As always, all testing done on the preseason rosters with a regular HC. Again, I strongly recommend both....

We all know that changing fatigue and autosubs will bork the gameplay...changing those is absolutely out.

I thought the last patch did something...I saw them turning red/orange....a visual cue isn't placebo though. So, excited, started a "Real" CFM. Guess what, right back to the same issues....schnaidt summed it up.

Scratching my head and thinking it was related to the 'under the hood' for the coaches...I was stymied. Then it dawned on me...I HAD made one change relative to my 'test' CFM when I saw the better fatigue....I had the XP sliders at default. When I plugged-in TDawg's settings (which I love the premise of), the crap fatigue rates returned. When I went back to default...it was a fair bit better. I started several CFMs just to look, tried several teams...all the same....

I'm personally not going to get through several seasons, so I am sticking with default XP sliders as well.

Now...let me be clear, I am not saying you will suddenly see 50:50 timeshares at the RB position...but, you WILL see the RBs coming out after 4-5 carries, you will see WRs rotate after several intermediate pass plays. But, because progressive fatigue is jacked in this game, it will never be as good as it could be.

I know...I know....it shouldn't happen...it does...but another example of where rocking the game from default jacks things up. Do I like it, no. But, either go into slider oblivion or accept the limitations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »