JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 311 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #2481
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

All I can say is WOW! It's only 1 game played but you may have saved the game for me! Played chiefs(me) vs chargers and won 30-27.. back and forth game early pulled ahead by 2 touchdowns early in the 4th quarter on a pick 6. They punched back though and scored 2 touchdowns in the last 5 minutes to tie things back up with 55 seconds to go, just enough time with 3 timeouts remaining to drive the field and kick a field goal as time expired.

Rivers 29-43 352 3td, 3 int
Smith 25-37 229 2td, 3 int

Charles 16 103 6.4 avg
West 15 31 2.0 avg
Woodhead 15 21 1.4 avg
Oliver 4 23 10.0

K Allen 9 149yds 3 td
Kelce 7 62yds
Gates 7 86yds
D Thomas 6 71yds
Maclin 5 64yds

Final thoughts.. my run game was really working well with Charles until he strained his tricep at the end of the 2nd quarter, after he left the game you could see a huge drop off in productivity in the run game.. my defense played pretty well but a couple times I got aggressive and blitzed and Rivers made me pay with a couple great throws under pressure to Keenan Allen. Justin Houston had a monster 3 sack game, the dude is an animal!

Will play a couple more games and see how they turn out. Thanks Josh!
Old 12-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #2482
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
mine have been perfect weather...im seeing 4-5 per game.
Wow...I go most games without seeing one.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #2483
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Does the most recent patch work for existing franchises? Also, if I want to mess with penalty sliders should I do it in cfm, mm, or both?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 12-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #2484
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

man...idk why im not seeing what u guys are...i did everything exactly as stated....but i think i cant play this game anymore. here is why.

1. cpu play calling is soo so bad. when i do get sacks its because they stand in pocket and hold onto the ball for like 7 seconds. they don't scramble so i either sack them or they complete a deep pass because they have perfect pass protection after 6 seconds.

2. the cpu robo qb is alive and well. 2 games ago against raiders i knock carr out of the game. connor cook comes in and is god. completing 78 percent and tearing me up.

next game vs Broncos and paxton lynch. dude started 12 for 12 for like 140 yards and some tds. he was unstoppable. i hate feeling like no mattee what i do i cant stop the qb.

3rd. and this is my biggest issue. the fumble sacks....i see 4 to 5 a game...most are from my qb. they always recover when their qb fumbles and always recover when mine does too. and in 6 games. they have taken a sack fumble too the hiuse. its just so frustrating and feels cheated.

i know this isnt to do with ur sliders. im just soo frustrated with the cpu running 4 verts all the time and robo qb and never scrambling and all the sack fumbles. gaaah...im soo upset.

incase anyone was curious..

https://youtu.be/-Y1dWd6cRrM

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:00 AM   #2485
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
man...idk why im not seeing what u guys are...i did everything exactly as stated....but i think i cant play this game anymore. here is why.

1. cpu play calling is soo so bad. when i do get sacks its because they stand in pocket and hold onto the ball for like 7 seconds. they don't scramble so i either sack them or they complete a deep pass because they have perfect pass protection after 6 seconds.

2. the cpu robo qb is alive and well. 2 games ago against raiders i knock carr out of the game. connor cook comes in and is god. completing 78 percent and tearing me up.

next game vs Broncos and paxton lynch. dude started 12 for 12 for like 140 yards and some tds. he was unstoppable. i hate feeling like no mattee what i do i cant stop the qb.

3rd. and this is my biggest issue. the fumble sacks....i see 4 to 5 a game...most are from my qb. they always recover when their qb fumbles and always recover when mine does too. and in 6 games. they have taken a sack fumble too the hiuse. its just so frustrating and feels cheated.

i know this isnt to do with ur sliders. im just soo frustrated with the cpu running 4 verts all the time and robo qb and never scrambling and all the sack fumbles. gaaah...im soo upset.

incase anyone was curious..

https://youtu.be/-Y1dWd6cRrM
You can eliminate this by assigning the CPU the balanced generic offensive playbook. You create a new character (it can just be the actual coach of your opposing team) and then you set up the schemes and depth charts how you want. In the schemes setup screen, you can also assign a generic O and D book. If you do that, you won't see the verts plays or the engage eight blitzes. You'll get a much more competitive game.

On top of that, if you edit the CPU QB's traits so they're not "oblivious to pressure" and so they're not labelled "pocket passer" in the player edit scheme, they'll behave totally differently.

It takes all of 5 minutes before a game and the payoff is huge. Like, yuuuge.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #2486
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0

I see a good split of RB carries by taking control of the team I'm going to face for the week. I set their auto subs to 80/60, order their depth chart accordingly (mostly move #1 CB to #2 if they are a lockdown corner that would actually shadow), and throw in the backup RB in a few sets in formation subs. If it's a star RB I won't put the backup in much, maybe 3 or 4 sets total. If it's a RBBC I'll sub the 2nd RB in almost half of the sets. If it's more of a bruiser vs change of pace back thing, then I'll put the quicker RB in a decent amount of the shotgun sets so they'll be playing mostly on 3rd down.

I used to change the playbook as well but that doesn't seem like a necessity anymore since they improved the play calling in one of the previous patches.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #2487
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
I see a good split of RB carries by taking control of the team I'm going to face for the week. I set their auto subs to 80/60, order their depth chart accordingly (mostly move #1 CB to #2 if they are a lockdown corner that would actually shadow), and throw in the backup RB in a few sets in formation subs. If it's a star RB I won't put the backup in much, maybe 3 or 4 sets total. If it's a RBBC I'll sub the 2nd RB in almost half of the sets. If it's more of a bruiser vs change of pace back thing, then I'll put the quicker RB in a decent amount of the shotgun sets so they'll be playing mostly on 3rd down.

I used to change the playbook as well but that doesn't seem like a necessity anymore since they improved the play calling in one of the previous patches.
Which patch improved the playcalling, and in what way? I missed that.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #2488
Pro

OVR: 6

How do I do this is cfm with only 1 controller and a single team cfm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You can eliminate this by assigning the CPU the balanced generic offensive playbook. You create a new character (it can just be the actual coach of your opposing team) and then you set up the schemes and depth charts how you want. In the schemes setup screen, you can also assign a generic O and D book. If you do that, you won't see the verts plays or the engage eight blitzes. You'll get a much more competitive game.

On top of that, if you edit the CPU QB's traits so they're not "oblivious to pressure" and so they're not labelled "pocket passer" in the player edit scheme, they'll behave totally differently.

It takes all of 5 minutes before a game and the payoff is huge. Like, yuuuge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »