Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 01:04 PM   #2553
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
All good questions...

I have looked at fatigue settings...they need to match in the MM and CFM this patch or else the CPU play goes to crap. I've pushed it as high as 60...but 55 is better IMO.

OK....before the talk of thresh gets out of hand...I have historically had several major issues with high thresh. That said; I have seen several things change since the last patch in terms of functionality and I have not assessed threshold recently. My historical issues with thresh are as follows:
  • It introduces more suction and warp blocking.
  • It nullifies acceleration (which is not sim). Basically, a 90 SPD/90 Acc player is the same as a 90 SPD/80 Acc player.
  • It affects the run balance. Typically, with higher thresh, the outside run game is too easy because it condenses that speed differential...allowing the O-linemen to get to blocks they shouldn't be able to get to.
  • Coverage becomes too tight, resulting in the CPU QB throwing too often to the RBs and TEs instead of targeting their receivers downfield.
Now if you can tell me following a good sample size that none of these are issues, I would be willing to give it a try....color me VERY skeptical though.

I totally get the appeal of high thresh...it is visually very pretty...but I am 99% sure that the improved difficulty you are attributing to the thresh is more about the fatigue/injury sliders than it is the thresh.

If we want to get more difficulty out the injury slider and fatigue. With injury slider, do you match them in CFM and mm? Or do you make the change in mm and don't touch CFM?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #2554
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i changed everything in the main menu first. saved it...

then went to cfm and reset the sliders then imported.

i do not have an abuse of the outside run game at all...and i run lots of my running plays from shotgun...i have tried outside runs several times in goal line and got stuffed bad.

as far as cpu throwing mostly to tight ends and rbs...i do not see that....i see them dunk it off if im playing a zone where i didnt blitz and they need to check down...but they continuous push it down the field.

run game for user is very challenging and balanced. i aversge between 3 and yards per cart average per game since changes. the cpu run game is a beast though. i really have to work to find the right play and set to stop it.

passing coverage is tighter and better but not unrealistic. i have to get better at going through my progressions now as i can't simply scan their defense and pick which wr i know will be open.

i have been able to complete several passes over 30 yards down field vs man coverage....

i find it very importanr to check wrs vs dbs pre snap and to also read what safety does at the snap.

i had a nice 30 yard td to corey coleman last night as he beat his man and the safety blitzed.

i havent noticed suction blocking at all.

when i bring pressure vs cpu and have the right blitz combo i get solid pressure.

if i drop back in coverage cpu qb has all day as i dont have any pass rushers on browns yet.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #2555
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I am worried a well changing 3 different variables at once, not sure which one might truely help gameplay, I am willing to try 1 at a time to see. which one would be first I should try josh?
Fatigue/Injury sliders play best in unison. What I have tried has been:

Fatigue: 55 MM/55 CFM and Injury: 55 MM/50 CFM

and

Fatigue: 60 MM/60 CFM and Injury: 60 MM/50 CFM

Intermediate values should be fine...just match-up the three when you change them.

Either setup should give you a tighter game without the need for extreme changes.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-28-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2016, 03:14 PM   #2556
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Fatigue/Injury sliders play best in unison. What I have tried has been:

Fatigue: 55 MM/55 CFM and Injury: 55 MM/50 CFM

and

Fatigue: 60 MM/60 CFM and Injury: 60 MM/50 CFM

Intermediate values should be fine...just match-up the three when you change them.

Either setup should give you a tighter game without the need for extreme changes.

I'll definitely give one of these a goal when I get a chance.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #2557
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I'll definitely give one of these a goal when I get a chance.

im telling you....just try the set up i posted....

im also curious to make sure im not crazy in what i am experiencing

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #2558
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
im telling you....just try the set up i posted....

im also curious to make sure im not crazy in what i am experiencing

I'll give it a shot man. I'm going to try all these options out.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #2559
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I'll give it a shot man. I'm going to try all these options out.

sweet...im excited to hear your results

Old 12-28-2016, 11:39 PM   #2560
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

So...I decided to isolate threshold without making other changes...trying to tease-out what it does and does not do. It's a mixed bag...results from OP with 100 thresh in MM/CFM. But, it did play a bit better than I had expected.

The good: DB agility is much improved due to better footplanting but it's almost too precise. A wee bit more of a true push by the d-line at times...but not consistent (which is unfortunate...if it had been, I might've looked at it further). Coverage distance wasn't bad overall...a little looser than I'd expect.

The bad: defender reactions (i.e. accel) were really nerfed. I even saw occasions where a DT would not even start to get out of his stance until the O-line had taken a couple of steps. Saw some jogging in coverage as well and defenders were taking longer than normal to react to things.

So basically...you're trading away accel for agility (essentially the opposite of 0 thresh which is all about the accel). As king said to me last night via PM on another Madden-related topic, "Pick your poison". You can make it work with other adjustments...but an ultra-high thresh isn't a road I will likely go down at this juncture.

Good stuff! Always enjoy trying out different things.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-28-2016 at 11:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »