JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 324 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-31-2016, 02:21 AM   #2585
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorKyle85
Hey Josh

Just a couple quick questions about how you play the game.

Do you use coach suggestions primarily? Is so do use the enhanced play calling screen or one of the others? And finally do you choose mainly strategy plays, community plays, or frequently used?

Thanks man. These are playing great for me. Awesome work!
I call my own plays, I always have.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:06 AM   #2586
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I call my own plays, I always have.

Thanks man
Old 12-31-2016, 10:52 AM   #2587
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

so i know Josh tried the 100 threshold...

did anyone else try it with the injuries at 55 and fatigue at 60 also??..

i know many of you like to try only 1 thing at a time..but i think this tandum works...

i might even try the 51 roughing the passer because i think cpu holds ball a tish too long...not sure

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:12 AM   #2588
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
IMHO, RTP at 50 versus 51 is another "pick yer poison"...

In addition to what Josh pointed out, the CPU QB is also more likely to move in the pocket and / or scramble at 51, BUT they also tend to check down faster...

At 50, they stick the primary more, so there's more deep shots...BUT they also can take sacks in the process...

Neither is really "better" more than "different"...

For lack of a better way to describe it, 50 feels more like "Pocket Passer" to me and 51 is more "West Coast"...

IBITB is another story (again, IMHO):

At 51, I saw plenty of pulling guards fail to lead the HB though the hole (and block a defender to clear a patch to the second level) and instead "curl back" and unnecessarily double team a DT / NT...effectively taking themselves out of the play...

In an effort to trigger that penalties animation, the RBK logic just got...stupid...

THAT one was an easy choice after a short ride...

Related to qb play I've been
Experimenting with editing the qb traits to set all qb to trigger happy and (for scrambling/pOcket passer/balanced to ALL balanced OR leaving scramblers as scramblers. This has seemed to increase the CPU or Coach mode qb to run more and force more downfield passes/over throws/ passes into TIGHT coverage (for those kind of passes where the commentator would say there's a blanket on that guy) and results in proper pass deflection stats.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 01-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #2589
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Senses Pressure - there are 5 types of this trait, and relates to how the QB reacts to pressure, and can have an impact on certain stats. These are still in active even when you are controlling the QB.
Trigger Happy QB's will try and get the ball out as quickly as possible when under pressure, even when the receiver is not open or the conditions are not ideal. These QB's don't want to be hit, so their goal is to get rid of the ball. Stats that are improved are how quickly they get the ball out, but decreases stats such as their accuracy.
Paranoid QB's are always under the impression that they are about to be hit, and are more likely to make inaccurate or poor passes. When a QB isn't under pressure, they are able to make better passes, however paranoid QB's are essentially "always under pressure". One benefit of this is they are usually bracing the ball at all times and are ready for the sack.
Oblivious QB's are unaware of an impending sack. They will continue to perform as if their is no pressure, which can enhance certain passing stats, however they will not get rid of the ball quickly nor brace that well when they are about to be or are hit/tackled. This trait often leads to more tipped passes and more fumbles.
Ideal QB's will have a combination of the above traits. They will feature the oblivious boosts when they are not under pressure and will feature the paranoid traits when they are under pressure and will feature the increase release seen in trigger happy, but maintain their accuracy. They will react quicker to pressure, brace when they need to, and their passing boosts will change quicker depending upon the situation. This is the trait you want.
Average QB's will feature a a combination of the above traits, however they will be slower to react to the pressure and take longer to sense the pressure.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 01-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #2590
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Senses Pressure - there are 5 types of this trait, and relates to how the QB reacts to pressure, and can have an impact on certain stats.

Trigger Happy QB's will try and get the ball out as quickly as possible when under pressure, even when the receiver is not open or the conditions are not ideal. These QB's don't want to be hit, so their goal is to get rid of the ball. Stats that are improved are how quickly they get the ball out, but decreases stats such as their accuracy.

Paranoid QB's are always under the impression that they are about to be hit, and are more likely to make inaccurate or poor passes. When a QB isn't under pressure, they are able to make better passes, however paranoid QB's are essentially "always under pressure". One benefit of this is they are usually bracing the ball at all times and are ready for the sack.
Oblivious QB's are unaware of an impending sack. They will continue to perform as if their is no pressure, which can enhance certain passing stats, however they will not get rid of the ball quickly nor brace that well when they are about to be or are hit/tackled. This trait often leads to more tipped passes and more fumbles.

Ideal QB's will have a combination of the above traits. They will feature the oblivious boosts when they are not under pressure and will feature the paranoid traits when they are under pressure and will feature the increase release seen in trigger happy, but maintain their accuracy. They will react quicker to pressure, brace when they need to, and their passing boosts will change quicker depending upon the situation.

Average QB's will feature a a combination of the above traits, however they will be slower to react to the pressure and take longer to sense the pressure.
This info is what led me to believe that trigger happy actually represents the most realistic AI qb play
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 01-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #2591
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Senses Pressure - there are 5 types of this trait, and relates to how the QB reacts to pressure, and can have an impact on certain stats. These are still in active even when you are controlling the QB.
Ideal QB's will have a combination of the above traits. They will feature the oblivious boosts when they are not under pressure and will feature the paranoid traits when they are under pressure and will feature the increase release seen in trigger happy, but maintain their accuracy. They will react quicker to pressure, brace when they need to, and their passing boosts will change quicker depending upon the situation. This is the trait you want.

Actually
Sense pressure: Ideal
Force Passes: Ideal
Scramble(for scrambling qbs) have proven to work best for the CPU in my games.

I played the Panthers 2x and Both games Cam had 6-7 atts, 4 or 5 were from him reading pressure and the others were designed qb runs.
Oh. he took 1 sack the 1st game and 2 in the 2nd, so he was avoiding sacks quite gracefully
Old 01-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #2592
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:

Actually
Sense pressure: Ideal
Force Passes: Ideal
Scramble(for scrambling qbs) have proven to work best for the CPU in my games.

I played the Panthers 2x and Both games Cam had 6-7 atts, 4 or 5 were from him reading pressure and the others were designed qb runs.
Oh. he took 1 sack the 1st game and 2 in the 2nd, so he was avoiding sacks quite gracefully

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »