Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #2593
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I just started a new cfm and have a question. I know you used to say to fire the real coach and use a created coach, but i think i remember reading that you said to start using the real coach. Which one is it or does it not make a difference anymore?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #2594
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
I just started a new cfm and have a question. I know you used to say to fire the real coach and use a created coach, but i think i remember reading that you said to start using the real coach. Which one is it or does it not make a difference anymore?

no..u create new characters as teams real life coaches...then change their scheme...then u just retire the character...the scheme will stick

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #2595
Rookie

OVR: 0

We are talking about two different things, but i worded my question wrong so that's my fault. I meant when you create a new cfm do you want to keep the real life coach or fire him and hire a computer generated coach (not a created coach). Josh used to say to fire the real coach and hire a computer generated one. I'm not sure if that is still the case or not.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 01:57 AM   #2596
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
We are talking about two different things, but i worded my question wrong so that's my fault. I meant when you create a new cfm do you want to keep the real life coach or fire him and hire a computer generated coach (not a created coach). Josh used to say to fire the real coach and hire a computer generated one. I'm not sure if that is still the case or not.

If you're playing as a coach, definitely use a stock coach. Owner mode....honestly, I don't know at this juncture....my gut says a stock owner...but I haven't looked at this yet (and doubt that I will).

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-02-2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:00 AM   #2597
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Definitely limited testing on my end but from a theoretical standpoint I was trying to manipulate the CPU or auto pass qb to throw into coverage more. Especially since I have been experimenting with the defensive pass interference penalty slider, which I can confirm tightens up the coverage. The DPI animations when triggered are really one of my favorite aspects of this game... I've only seen them triggered at or above a setting of 75.
Ha!! Good luck with 'checkdown slider'...I totally get it...just not worth the hassle for me.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #2598
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey josh, question, what can i do to give the user running game a slight bump without screwin' up the rest of the gameplay? I love yhe fact that the ground game isnt always automatic and yards are tough to come by, but i feel it shouldn't be as stifling as it is being that im playing with the best line and one of the best backs in the league....

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Old 01-02-2017, 02:10 PM   #2599
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Hey josh, question, what can i do to give the user running game a slight bump without screwin' up the rest of the gameplay? I love yhe fact that the ground game isnt always automatic and yards are tough to come by, but i feel it shouldn't be as stifling as it is being that im playing with the best line and one of the best backs in the league....
I feel the same way and I've been toying with some things. I just don't have a firm answer right now.

Question though, how has the CPU run game been in your games? I feel like it too is a bit stifled.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #2600
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Ha!! Good luck with 'checkdown slider'...I totally get it...just not worth the hassle for me.
Honestly it hasn't been bad at all! I am personally manipulating it by setting all coach schemes to vertical offense. Coupled with all the different types of playbooks for each coach it's been a great mix of run and pass and lots of those deep shots that we are seeing regularly on Sunday's now either resulting in DPI, scramble, checkdown, 20-50 yard completion, or sack. For example the primary in one of my games yesterday had 8 catches for 111 yards on All types of completions. The number 2 had 2 rec for 93 yards and a td (check down + broken tackle)

I've personally been enjoying it for what I look for out of the game
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »