JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 330 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #2633
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I concur. I think we can nit-pick at things; but we just start that whole process again.

I'm probably just going to go ahead and take a quick peak at the heatseeker setting and see what happens with it back off. As I write this though, just considered that another option might be to turn the autostrafe on; since that too is a "default" for All Pro....it might very well smooth out the pursuit angles (though I have also seen wonky play with it on in the past)....
so ur now looking at going all pro for all 3 difficulty settings???

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #2634
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
so ur now looking at going all pro for all 3 difficulty settings???

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, it has smoothed out a lot of the rough edges (coverage, QB accuracy, run game). The remaining question is how to best handle the gameplay assists.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #2635
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This is with the modifications I posted yesterday?
Yes. AP/AP, H.S. and B.H.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #2636
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Yes. AP/AP, H.S. and B.H.
As always, however, I play no switch, both sides. I just enjoy the ratings playing out that way. But thats the only thing different.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #2637
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

There is very little doubt in my opinion that switching the RB to "Power" in the schemes changes everything. Edge blocking big time, for some screwy reason.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #2638
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I concur. I think we can nit-pick at things; but we just start that whole process again.

I'm probably just going to go ahead and take a quick peak at the heatseeker setting and see what happens with it back off. As I write this though, just considered that another option might be to turn the autostrafe on; since that too is a "default" for All Pro....it might very well smooth out the pursuit angles (though I have also seen wonky play with it on in the past)....
Josh, I don't know if this has any bearing whatsoever, but, we all know, and I know you are a big proponent of this philosophy, if you tinker on one end, something else on the other end may go kerplewie.

Does heatseeker affect how the CPU tackles a ball carrier? The reason I ask, there was a fumble by the CPU halfback last night, McKinnon, and a few QB sack fumbles by Bradford picked up by the offense.

If you turn off heatseeker, will that diminish the fumble chances? I'm not sure what heatseeker is all about, so, I'm just throwing that out there. Also, I'm thinking it's difficult enough to have a fumble or two in the game with the prior settings, so, that was a nice look to see some fumbles.

I know turning off heatseeker is for the greater good of the CPU running game.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #2639
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Curious if the ball carrier setting(auto or manual) could effect the running game? I think King possibly mentioned it before?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 PM   #2640
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I may I would like to add another prospective on what I'm seeing through 3 seasons of slider adjustment as far as the passing game is concerned.

I'm playing with a few friends and the big problem was the passing is just to easy(All Pro). So on top of turning QB accuracy to 4 I started playing with the WR catch slider. As soon as went down just a few points it seemed to tighten up the pass D.

The reason I'm convinced it's the WR catch slider that made a difference is because going into our 4th season we decided to try Simfballcritics sliders I found online. The big thing that stands out is he has threshold at 0 and WR catch at 75. After changing to this everyone in the league could easily put 50 on the CPU.

I thought this was do to the threshold but we went back to our previous sliders leaving threshold at 0 and everyone was back to feeling the same level of difficulty passing against the CPU.

Obviously a big problem is the QB accuracy is whacked but on top of that is the WR catch slider the key to making the passing more difficult?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »