JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 331 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #2641
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
If I may I would like to add another prospective on what I'm seeing through 3 seasons of slider adjustment as far as the passing game is concerned.

I'm playing with a few friends and the big problem was the passing is just to easy(All Pro). So on top of turning QB accuracy to 4 I started playing with the WR catch slider. As soon as went down just a few points it seemed to tighten up the pass D.

The reason I'm convinced it's the WR catch slider that made a difference is because going into our 4th season we decided to try Simfballcritics sliders I found online. The big thing that stands out is he has threshold at 0 and WR catch at 75. After changing to this everyone in the league could easily put 50 on the CPU.

I thought this was do to the threshold but we went back to our previous sliders leaving threshold at 0 and everyone was back to feeling the same level of difficulty passing against the CPU.

Obviously a big problem is the QB accuracy is whacked but on top of that is the WR catch slider the key to making the passing more difficult?
I think some of this is that we have all different skill levels with the joysticks. I tried Josh's new settings on all pro and I control Arod. He ended up with 68% passing and there were a few throws off the mark and some pass break ups. 68% passing with ARod is pretty realistic for me. My issues with the previous set was Arod ending with 72% passing with 3 int's.

I'm the same way with the FG issues, I tend to miss FG's that are more than 40 yds.

I feel that if you tinker in one area of the game, you might be tinkering with other areas of the game that you might not be even aware of.

I'll let Josh answer the WR question, but I would think lowering the WR slider would lower the chances of catching a ball. I don't recall seeing the WR slider lower than 43 from the past Maddens with slider makers.

Last edited by roadman; 01-04-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #2642
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Yes. AP/AP, H.S. and B.H.
OK, thanks...that's a good sample size combined with my observations and roadman's (which were all pretty consistent). The defense is still a little overbearing on the run game and enough so that I want to explore different combinations of those assists.

I don't doubt that switching the player scheme type helps, but I also don't want to make that a "must do" unless we have to...

My suspicion is that it will be one of two fixes:
  1. Turning autostrafe "on"
  2. Turning heatseeker "off"
In the interests of ever so closely 'moving the pile' closer to default, I am going to try them in that order. If neither is effective (or results in new issues), there are definitely some other avenues to pursue that we can use.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #2643
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Curious if the ball carrier setting(auto or manual) could effect the running game? I think King possibly mentioned it before?
I haven't touched this....it is set to 'manual' by default for AP and AM so I haven't even bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
If I may I would like to add another prospective on what I'm seeing through 3 seasons of slider adjustment as far as the passing game is concerned.

I'm playing with a few friends and the big problem was the passing is just to easy(All Pro). So on top of turning QB accuracy to 4 I started playing with the WR catch slider. As soon as went down just a few points it seemed to tighten up the pass D.

The reason I'm convinced it's the WR catch slider that made a difference is because going into our 4th season we decided to try Simfballcritics sliders I found online. The big thing that stands out is he has threshold at 0 and WR catch at 75. After changing to this everyone in the league could easily put 50 on the CPU.

I thought this was do to the threshold but we went back to our previous sliders leaving threshold at 0 and everyone was back to feeling the same level of difficulty passing against the CPU.

Obviously a big problem is the QB accuracy is whacked but on top of that is the WR catch slider the key to making the passing more difficult?
Any slider change will knock something else out of whack...that has always been the case. This year, it is 50 times worse....it's why I am really doubling-down on the all default approach. It's also been my experience that gameplay sliders tend to operate in "groups" (e.g. QBA, WRC, PBK for pass game). Don't want to take things too far off-topic, but I can totally believe that changing the WRC slider could affect things the way it did...extreme changes will yield extreme results.

With regards to All Pro, a true "Default AP" is a very different animal than what we are running with (even with the newest set of updates we are working on). Just setting the main menu injury slider to 50 and CFM autosubs to 60 Out/80 In makes a tremendous difference in increasing the difficulty and realism.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #2644
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I haven't touched this....it is set to 'manual' by default for AP and AM so I haven't even bothered.

Any slider change will knock something else out of whack...that has always been the case. This year, it is 50 times worse....it's why I am really doubling-down on the all default approach. It's also been my experience that gameplay sliders tend to operate in "groups" (e.g. QBA, WRC, PBK for pass game). Don't want to take things too far off-topic, but I can totally believe that changing the WRC slider could affect things the way it did...extreme changes will yield extreme results.

With regards to All Pro, a true "Default AP" is a very different animal than what we are running with (even with the newest set of updates we are working on). Just setting the main menu injury slider to 50 and CFM autosubs to 60 Out/80 In makes a tremendous difference in increasing the difficulty and realism.
Right. And this year is way over the top with a side effect of AI play calling.
Go ahead and drop your run blocking slider and watch the AI for some reason "back off" of the run, because your slider is lower than something else (Tackle, FM, ect....).....

These OP settings are way, way more difficult than any type of adjustment could make them. I PROIMISE you will see more errant passes on both sides on default than if you took default and turned pass acc to zero.

And if passing is too easy in this regard, by all means, give no switch a shot. The ratings and traits play out beautifuly in the WR/DB interactions. Let the game play.....
Old 01-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #2645
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Auto Strafe "on" definitely aided the running game. All these adjustments make the game feel and look much better than anything I have seen so far.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:43 PM   #2646
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Ugh this is frustrating me (maybe because I've been at this since about 3am)....
It's really just the AI's inability to hold a block consistantly on run plays (making those 10 second CPU passing pockets even more fun to sit through.....)

The power back thing I've been doing today helped in a sense, but didnt fix anything. It just made for a little band-aid because the straight north-south run style provided fewer chances for it to occur.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #2647
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Auto Strafe "on" definitely aided the running game. All these adjustments make the game feel and look much better than anything I have seen so far.
Really? I didn't think so, but then again I only played two games with it. And thats about the time I noticed that what I thought may be a fix was just another stupid rabbit hole....How many games did you play? Can you provide any vids?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #2648
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Really? I didn't think so, but then again I only played two games with it. And thats about the time I noticed that what I thought may be a fix was just another stupid rabbit hole....How many games did you play? Can you provide any vids?
And are you playing Strafe ON, along with the other two ON?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »