JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 332 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #2649
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
And are you playing Strafe ON, along with the other two ON?
Yes, I have the setup recommended a few pages back and decided to try Auto Strafe ON as Josh suggested. It for sure made the running game better....defenders don't seem to be on the runner immediately after hand off. I am only one game in so a small sample size but was noticeable to me immediately. Sorry, I don't do vids. Going to play a few more opponents and see what kind of variety I get.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #2650
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Auto Strafe "on" definitely aided the running game. All these adjustments make the game feel and look much better than anything I have seen so far.
I second this 1000000%
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #2651
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Auto strafe AKA the "read steps" slider
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 01-04-2017, 11:13 PM   #2652
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Auto strafe AKA the "read steps" slider
Has definitely brought TFL stats back to earth but still allows elite run stoppers and pash rushers to standout
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 01-04-2017, 11:20 PM   #2653
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

The best news is it did not take away from the passing game improvements already mentioned. Maybe helped them in a way as the DBs seem way more aggressive to mix it up and swat the ball away. So far it looks pretty good to me. Like I said, need to play more games to make sure that there is variety vs different opponents. I am cautiously optimistic!
Old 01-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #2654
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
The best news is it did not take away from the passing game improvements already mentioned. Maybe helped them in a way as the DBs seem way more aggressive to mix it up and swat the ball away. So far it looks pretty good to me. Like I said, need to play more games to make sure that there is variety vs different opponents. I am cautiously optimistic!
Right on. Im gonna head back in and give it a longer look too....
Old 01-04-2017, 11:53 PM   #2655
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I second this 1000000%
maybe that's why i haven't had much issue with running game....i didn't even notice Josh had this set to off in the OP and have had it on this whole time lol

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 AM   #2656
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

OK....hate to do it, but got to kill the autostrafe experiment. Yup, it helps the run game (frankly by skewing pursuit angles...which I don't love). But, it's funny that pretty much every godforsaken pass is dead on the money when I have it on...turn it back off, and those off-target throws start coming back. Schnaidt's inadvertent gaffe on having it on offers further support because that was the EXACT issue he was having with the AM/AP setup...when I (and others) were not. This is a total deal-breaker for me right there....just too high of a cost.

I also now know that ballhawk is a culprit (thankfully I happened to remember its impact on improving pursuit and verified it this evening) but it could also be that the combo of that and the high injury slider are causing issues.

I like that people are jumping in and offering feedback, I want to harness that...

I'd like to suggest two possible approaches (keeping the main menu at AP for both):
  1. Turn off all assists and keep the MM injury slider at 50.
  2. Keep ballhawk and heatseeker on but drop the MM injury slider back to 10.
I'd really like some feedback on both (the more people we have looking at things, the faster this gets finished). Remember, not stats, but observations on what you see (good and bad), any wonky animations that occur (warping and suction). If you can post vids, that is even better. However you do it, please be specific about what you're testing. I'm convinced now that the straight AP setup is the way to go....I could be quite happy with the original suggestion (of 50 injury and BH and HS on), but let's see if we can fine-tune things a bit more.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-05-2017 at 02:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »