JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 335 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #2673
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hmmm....same file format as before. From the old set, simply change main menu difficulty to AP and then turn ballhawk and heatseeker on.

Yes, absolutely. The assists have definite impacts on gameplay.

Nope, didn't do either....

Not sure why you're seeing that...pretty odd...probably a coach mode thing...it's pretty darn balanced now (so ratings and user input should be the primary drivers...and in coach mode, user input is not available...). Ironically, you may need to de-balance things. Try a new CFM as a test to see what happens, if you still have the same issues, PM me and we can discuss some possible options.
I'm not sure if what I'm doing would be classified as coach mode. I use two controllers and pick the offensive and defensive plays so technically it's user V user and I just don't touch the controls. The only thing I will do is occasionally do line shifts on offense or flip the play if it's a run clearly called into a heavy (shown) blitz. I will also hot route hitches into flys in press man.. but never touch anything during a play. Obviously I do the kicking and am not using that 100 spt idea I stated a while a back
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 01-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #2674
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I'm not sure if what I'm doing would be classified as coach mode. I use two controllers and pick the offensive and defensive plays so technically it's user V user and I just don't touch the controls. The only thing I will do is occasionally do line shifts on offense or flip the play if it's a run clearly called into a heavy (shown) blitz. I will also hot route hitches into flys in press man.. but never touch anything during a play. Obviously I do the kicking and am not using that 100 spt idea I stated a while a back
Still, you're not controlling anything..which tends to also have an impact.

I do think you're probably correct in that there is a "sameness". But, I think that this is more to do about players' ratings being too close together more than anything. We've hit that point where I believe ratings are coming through the most...they are just so bunched, that there is a lot of parity. All of my games have been super close...that's good and bad.

But...I also think that 0 MM fatigue option could be the way to go....players are more elusive, will break more tackles...that alone adds a layer of randomness to the play outcomes.

If you haven't done so, give that a shot.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:31 PM   #2675
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

okay....so i decided to start fresh an give ur updates a shot....using my same 55 injury, 60 fatigue, and 100 threshold. also trying 55 facemask at main menu and 51 roughing the passer.

i deleted my profile...made a new franchise with browns again.

here is the good.

i did see some misefires playing qb finally.
user run game felt right. i was 3.5 ypc behind browns horrible online.
LOTS OF PENALTIES!! a few holding, block in back. 1 dpi, and a few roughing the passer calls.
cpu qb moved around more, but far too accurate.

here is the bad.
user pass game. as in cpu defense backs were on my wrs like glue...it was the route mirroring all over again...and eagles corn are some of the worst.

cpu run game. they ran ryan matthews 20 times in first half..yes 20...for 30 yards. he finished with 31 carries for 63.. but my 70 rated defensive line shed their blocks on runs like nothing. and the running back wouldnt cut or go towards the hole...lots of times just avoid it.

it was tough to watch how bad they ran ball and still ran it more than they threw it. i was surprised because my set up you believed helped the run game some. but not anymore.

i did record gameplay of this. ill post when its uploaded for visual examination

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #2676
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
okay....so i decided to start fresh an give ur updates a shot....using my same 55 injury, 60 fatigue, and 100 threshold. also trying 55 facemask at main menu and 51 roughing the passer.

i deleted my profile...made a new franchise with browns again.

here is the good.

i did see some misefires playing qb finally.
user run game felt right. i was 3.5 ypc behind browns horrible online.
LOTS OF PENALTIES!! a few holding, block in back. 1 dpi, and a few roughing the passer calls.
cpu qb moved around more, but far too accurate.

here is the bad.
user pass game. as in cpu defense backs were on my wrs like glue...it was the route mirroring all over again...and eagles corn are some of the worst.

cpu run game. they ran ryan matthews 20 times in first half..yes 20...for 30 yards. he finished with 31 carries for 63.. but my 70 rated defensive line shed their blocks on runs like nothing. and the running back wouldnt cut or go towards the hole...lots of times just avoid it.

it was tough to watch how bad they ran ball and still ran it more than they threw it. i was surprised because my set up you believed helped the run game some. but not anymore.
As you learned, you can't possibly tie in those FM and RTP adjustments with ballhawk/heatseeker on....you saw the results....way overkill on the run defense. It's a bit overdone without FM and RTP adjustments let alone with them. Then you throw in the dumbed-down AI from the higher fatigue, recipe for disaster.

This is sorta why I said going to 100 thresh was an entirely new set....the adjustments I make for a default 50 thresh set are not always compatible with 100 thresh.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #2677
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
As you learned, you can't possibly tie in those FM and RTP adjustments with ballhawk/heatseeker on....you saw the results....way overkill on the run defense. It's a bit overdone without FM and RTP adjustments let alone with them. Then you throw in the dumbed-down AI from the higher fatigue, recipe for disaster.

This is sorta why I said going to 100 thresh was an entirely new set....the adjustments I make for a default 50 thresh set are not always compatible with 100 thresh.
okay so ur saying either drop heat seeker and ball hawk or the face mask and roughing the passer??..

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #2678
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
okay so ur saying either drop heat seeker and ball hawk or the face mask and roughing the passer??..
Yeah...and even if you did, I'm not confident as to how well either would work with a high thresh.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #2679
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Still, you're not controlling anything..which tends to also have an impact.

I do think you're probably correct in that there is a "sameness". But, I think that this is more to do about players' ratings being too close together more than anything. We've hit that point where I believe ratings are coming through the most...they are just so bunched, that there is a lot of parity. All of my games have been super close...that's good and bad.

But...I also think that 0 MM fatigue option could be the way to go....players are more elusive, will break more tackles...that alone adds a layer of randomness to the play outcomes.

If you haven't done so, give that a shot.
I will try that tonight if don't go into a football food coma lmao. But that sounds like it
Would be nice especially watching the "tackling" in this Texans raiders game right now. Did anyone see that cutback by Lamar miller on the zone right run where he legit was tip toing behind blockers and then took off the left... lots of jogging by O and D on that play ...makes you think
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 01-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #2680
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I will try that tonight if don't go into a football food coma lmao. But that sounds like it
Would be nice especially watching the "tackling" in this Texans raiders game right now. Did anyone see that cutback by Lamar miller on the zone right run where he legit was tip toing behind blockers and then took off the left... lots of jogging by O and D on that play ...makes you think
LOL about the 'food coma' remark....I already had my afternoon nap

You're absolutely right about the "jogging"...it happens all the time..the problem on Madden is that it is typically one-sided (and never at the right times).

On a semi-related aside, I re-visited gcoons point about playing with the default 49/50 CFM subs. The tackling animations, run game, and lineplay were a bit more natural. The problem (other than crap subbing), that jogging in coverage...DBs rarely closed the gap in-time to give themselves a chance to make a play on the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »