Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #2809
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
tdawg, do you still follow the rule of applying XP to awareness first until the 70/80 threshold is met, then sim the rest even with default XP sliders?
I've actually for the last 3 season in my cfm just simmed it all. While I liked the idea of upping Awr first I felt like I was getting a little bit of an advantage on the cpu. May have been placebo but I just decided to be on par with the cpu instead. So every 4 weeks I auto progress.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #2810
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

josh was still looking for clarification on what you believe the fatigue slider affects in main menu vs franchise mode.

part of me wants to try 0 main menu fatigue and 100 franchise fatigue...they combine to make 50...but no idea what would happen haha

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #2811
Rookie

OVR: 1

Couple things:

- It really does benefit to make sure the profile is "locked in" after making a change or reverting one. I always use injury at 25 in the preseason to limit the injuries league wide, and the first game after switching back to 50 it seemed off. The pass rush was far too weak and other things that made the game too wide open. After quitting and restarting the game it seemed to fix itself, ah hah!

- I LOVE running back moves set to automatic. Letting the CPU control the moves showcases the elite backs and limits the average ones, as it should. The only issue I'm seeing is that sometimes backs will juke with no one in front of them for no reason, slowing them down and causing them to get tackled from behind. This mostly happens with players that have low awareness ratings though, which is OK.

- Josh, do you have any issues with coach firings on? I do like the immersion with new generated coaches, and I feel like as long as I fix their schemes it doesn't seem to be an issue. I know you had problems with this though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #2812
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Couple things:

- It really does benefit to make sure the profile is "locked in" after making a change or reverting one. I always use injury at 25 in the preseason to limit the injuries league wide, and the first game after switching back to 50 it seemed off. The pass rush was far too weak and other things that made the game too wide open. After quitting and restarting the game it seemed to fix itself, ah hah!

- I LOVE running back moves set to automatic. Letting the CPU control the moves showcases the elite backs and limits the average ones, as it should. The only issue I'm seeing is that sometimes backs will juke with no one in front of them for no reason, slowing them down and causing them to get tackled from behind. This mostly happens with players that have low awareness ratings though, which is OK.

- Josh, do you have any issues with coach firings on? I do like the immersion with new generated coaches, and I feel like as long as I fix their schemes it doesn't seem to be an issue. I know you had problems with this though.

I too am interested in using auto RB moves. Would there be any downside to the sliders with this option on Auto?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #2813
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Couple things:

but how exactly do you lock in the profile

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #2814
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm loving what I'm seeing with these sliders, so thank you! How much of a difference in gameplay do you see between CFM games and Play now? Reason I'm asking is I've only played these in Play Now but I'm about to start my franchise.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #2815
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
I'm loving what I'm seeing with these sliders, so thank you! How much of a difference in gameplay do you see between CFM games and Play now? Reason I'm asking is I've only played these in Play Now but I'm about to start my franchise.
Apples and oranges - you do nothing but waste time evaluating sliders in Play Now.....been that way for years.

These sliders are only designed to support CFM and you must have the main menu and CFM set to the OP for it to work properly in CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #2816
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been under the weather the last couple of days. Just going to address a couple of general themes I've seen in recent posts:

• I don't play coach mode, I don't play CPUvCPU mode, I don't play 'no switch' or 'player lock'....I cannot provide any input based on personal experience as I cannot stand "watch modes". You play any "watch mode", there isn't much I can do for you (you are playing a different game). I do believe my approach is applicable across all play styles, but little things like turning RB Moves to manual, no clue. You want to try it for 'watch modes', knock yourselves out...but my goal is for a fully interactive experience...something like that does not apply.
  • MM fatigue. From what I can tell, the higher you go, the harder the players "try". As always, 0 is never the lowest value, but glitches to a different state (why 0 QBA or 0 PBK never work as the "lowest").
  • "Locking in" settings in CFM. Placebo quotient is high here....but I believe the key is to get your game to save your profile while you are in CFM. The simplest way to do this is to go into a game (or practice) and exit out...as you return to the CFM menus, you should see your profile being saved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »