JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 353 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #2817
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I've been under the weather the last couple of days. Just going to address a couple of general themes I've seen in recent posts:

• I don't play coach mode, I don't play CPUvCPU mode, I don't play 'no switch' or 'player lock'....I cannot provide any input based on personal experience as I cannot stand "watch modes". You play any "watch mode", there isn't much I can do for you (you are playing a different game). I do believe my approach is applicable across all play styles, but little things like turning RB Moves to manual, no clue. You want to try it for 'watch modes', knock yourselves out...but my goal is for a fully interactive experience...something like that does not apply.
  • MM fatigue. From what I can tell, the higher you go, the harder the players "try". As always, 0 is never the lowest value, but glitches to a different state (why 0 QBA or 0 PBK never work as the "lowest").
  • "Locking in" settings in CFM. Placebo quotient is high here....but I believe the key is to get your game to save your profile while you are in CFM. The simplest way to do this is to go into a game (or practice) and exit out...as you return to the CFM menus, you should see your profile being saved.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #2818
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've been under the weather the last couple of days. Just going to address a couple of general themes I've seen in recent posts:

• I don't play coach mode, I don't play CPUvCPU mode, I don't play 'no switch' or 'player lock'....I cannot provide any input based on personal experience as I cannot stand "watch modes". You play any "watch mode", there isn't much I can do for you (you are playing a different game). I do believe my approach is applicable across all play styles, but little things like turning RB Moves to manual, no clue. You want to try it for 'watch modes', knock yourselves out...but my goal is for a fully interactive experience...something like that does not apply.
  • MM fatigue. From what I can tell, the higher you go, the harder the players "try". As always, 0 is never the lowest value, but glitches to a different state (why 0 QBA or 0 PBK never work as the "lowest").
  • "Locking in" settings in CFM. Placebo quotient is high here....but I believe the key is to get your game to save your profile while you are in CFM. The simplest way to do this is to go into a game (or practice) and exit out...as you return to the CFM menus, you should see your profile being saved.
thanks for answering 2 of my questions...

so if raising MM fatigue higher makes them try harder, lowering must mean they try less hard??

how does that tie into your theory that higher fatigue makes cpu play dumber?

im really just trying to get your full analysis on everything fatigue for both MM and CFM so i can work on running back rotations.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #2819
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
thanks for answering 2 of my questions...

so if raising MM fatigue higher makes them try harder, lowering must mean they try less hard??

how does that tie into your theory that higher fatigue makes cpu play dumber?

im really just trying to get your full analysis on everything fatigue for both MM and CFM so i can work on running back rotations.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Not so much "dumber", but CPU-controlled players will always play worse when CFM fatigue is above 50...everything just gets "muddier".

You can match CFM fatigue with MM fatigue and it helps a bit (If I were going to guy the high fatigue route, this is what I would do...match them). But it doesn't change the fact that everything plays a bit worse (coverage is worse, line play gets mushy, tackling gets worse, and the QB play gets seriously questionable with throwaways and so on). Consequently, it gets easier and easier.

The tradeoff, for me, is not worth the benefit of added subbing....and I am a person that really wants to see more...so I am with you on the desire...

It's going to be a personal preference....what works for you.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #2820
Rookie

ZoeK35's Arena

OVR: 1

Ive noticed at 55 fatigue in MM amd CFM the cpu offense feels and looks different. I thought of trying different combos to see what results would come. I might try 75 fatigue MM and 50 CFM, as well as 100 fatigue MM and 50 CFM. I plan on playing later tonight, and will post what i saw later.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:49 PM   #2821
Rookie

OVR: 2

On a side note, 2 quick questions....

Would there be any reason these exact settings wouldnt also work on PRO mode?....has anyone tried it to get a feel for the gameplay?

Also, does anyone know if these would work the same for Madden 16??

Just curious how this would impact the gameplay in 16 since I actually favored that version slightly anyways
Old 01-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #2822
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone know what effect moving then Defensive Holding penalty and Pass interference have in gameplay?

Josh, since you moved IBB to 49 you've seen much better blocking, what if we altered PI and Defensive Holding? I think it would help both sides of the ball and create more dynamic QB play. I've tried a game or two and the QB is much more mobile in the pocket and makes some terrible throws (which is good).

I dunno just spit balling
Old 01-22-2017, 01:15 AM   #2823
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Does Broadcast sim even use sliders.. jw.. if its a version of sim, but u can watch u would think they would program it to follow the quick sim results, like when u quick sim a game, just wondering, ive been trying to hard to come up with a good good setup like sliders and difficulty together,

I have to add.................... ive been doing a niners franchise online, should have done offline so i can make a user easier with everyteam, so i can control any stupid thing the computer does to teams rosters and i can watch any game i want,

anyways, soooo my biggest issue has been getting the same kinda scores almost everygame, 30-28 21-27 28-24 24-20 34-30, etc etc i know those seem ok and real life, but whatever happened to 14-10 games, 13-7 defensive battles, shutouts never happen anymore, and yes in real life they dont much either,

Soooo i finally decided to just quick sim one season just to see how it plays out, see how good my team really is or if simulation is just random,

well so far halfway through the season, iam 7-1,
with these results so far.

Saints 21-17 win
houston 17-31 loss (damn them my qb threw 3 picks)
carolina 38-27 win, at this point im like dang scores are about the same still giving up alot of pts like i did sometimes when playing or watching,
then it really started getting good..

chicago 27-7 win
seattle 31-13 win seattle was 5-0 at this point and averaged 36 pts and gave up only 16 a game, bam got them good..
Jaguars 40-13 win
Arizona 31-13 win
Titans 24-14 win

look at that 5 straight games my defense held teams under 17 pts, While my offense was doing about what they always do, but anytime i watched/coach mode, i would end the season allowing around 25-27 pts per game now im only giving up around 16 pts per game,

is my defense really this good or is it the sim, do they even take into account overalls of players and teams having good bad avg players, I think for the most part it does, I see the better overall guys getting higher stats,

maybe i try to hard for realism when i should stick to trying to stay with what other teams and scores are like on madden and not real nfl,

and here is my overalls for my starting defense, well ok 12 guys since it varies from 3-4 to 4-3 one extra MLB or DT

85-78-83-89 (70 rookie) 87-87-83-83-84-88-91 not bad at all, all around,

my offense has a #2 qb in overall rating right now 95, my oline is solid and i have leveon bell, kinda old now but still beasting, So ya i would figure my team would be doing good,

i mean the last 4 years ive gone 9-7 and 10-6 three times, heck last season i simulated the last like 6 games including playoffs and i lost in the NFC title game, yes overalls and atts do help when i first started doing my franchise i was with the real life current niner team and ouch, this is my year by year record since the start,

8-8
3-13
5-11
6-10
7-8--1
10-6
10-6
10-6
9-7

so ya ive turned things around and that was with always doing the same kinda routine, watching/coach mode here and there i would quick sim games but every season was about the same idea, i feel good about turning the team around through draft and F/A,

Sorry for the long winded post, haa so i guess really my only concern is how much different the defense is from watch/play to quick sim, ive never had my defense do this good all those other years even the recent good ones, I could almost watch mode the entire 2nd half of my current season to see the difference since i quick simmed the first half but im afraid it will mess it all up lol.......I just wanna see for one season how my team does on all sim, then maybe next season ill try a full season of just broadcast sim and compare and maybe try to have the same roster buttttttt
my franchise all pro qb is having his contract end this season and wow they want 6 yrs 161 million and he is right now in his 9th year that seems crazy for someone in their 9th year but he is good.... decisions...

ok anyways im out sorry again lol.... any ideas.. just wondering what the broadcast simulation even uses...or follows the difficulty
Old 01-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #2824
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna
On a side note, 2 quick questions....

Would there be any reason these exact settings wouldnt also work on PRO mode?....has anyone tried it to get a feel for the gameplay?

Also, does anyone know if these would work the same for Madden 16??

Just curious how this would impact the gameplay in 16 since I actually favored that version slightly anyways
Pro mode? You mean like play as the player? No idea...I didn't know people actually played that.

Yeah, I imagine this approach to sliders will work for M16...I went down a different path for that game after their final patch bollixed things up. You can just do a search in the forum for my slider thread for that game (if you have questions, don't post in that one...don't want to have two threads active...it gets confusing, just PM me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32

ok anyways im out sorry again lol.... any ideas.. just wondering what the broadcast simulation even uses...or follows the difficulty
No idea...as I said a few posts ago...I don't do any of these "watch modes"...they undoubtedly play differently than when you actually play the game. But, I have not studied the dynamics of these types of modes nor do I have any inclination to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadchams
Does anyone know what effect moving then Defensive Holding penalty and Pass interference have in gameplay?

Josh, since you moved IBB to 49 you've seen much better blocking, what if we altered PI and Defensive Holding? I think it would help both sides of the ball and create more dynamic QB play. I've tried a game or two and the QB is much more mobile in the pocket and makes some terrible throws (which is good).

I dunno just spit balling
Yeah, I have been pondering this possibility as well...it will undoubtedly alter the dynamics. The question is which way (49 or 51)?

That said, I'm going to hold-off a bit on looking at this as I am looking at something a bit different right now.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-22-2017 at 12:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »